Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Video Game Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Video Game Thread

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Ok, I know its old and strange but does anyone know if slimline PS2 play PS1 games???

As I really wanna play Crash!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby kat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:47 pm

think so, I know the original PS2 did
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Paul B » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes, all PS2s can play PS1 games, as can the PS3.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Got an XBox 360 with Kinect. Have only played just a bit because I only got it set up about an hour ago. Much prefer the Kinect "controller" (ie me) over the Wii remote.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Thank you people!!! Would love to get a PS3 but can't afford it :cry:
insaneasperger

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

You could always try and build one out of old cardboard and toaster parts.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Got an XBox 360 with Kinect. Have only played just a bit because I only got it set up about an hour ago. Much prefer the Kinect "controller" (ie me) over the Wii remote.

Tried my nephews on wednesday and i have to say even after 1 go its so much better then using the wii remote no frikking wires in the way for a start . Tried the sports thingy where i was the goal keeper which was pretty cool , when i have some pennies i'll get Dance central and see how easy that is to use.
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 pm

I have Dance Central. I haven't played it yet though. I played some of the games on the Kinect Adventures disc that came with the Kinect. Fun stuff. Especially the River Rafting and the Rallyball. Totally worked up a sweat!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:You could always try and build one out of old cardboard and toaster parts.

that's my plan for tomorrow sorted then!
insaneasperger

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I have Dance Central. I haven't played it yet though. I played some of the games on the Kinect Adventures disc that came with the Kinect. Fun stuff. Especially the River Rafting and the Rallyball. Totally worked up a sweat!

Oh coool please tell me whts its like once you've had a decent go of it , ive heard its really good but it gets real hard real quick!
woggle

Postby Stratman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 am

cassius wrote:What's all this I'm hearing about Black Ops failing online?? The media just bang on about the money side of it, and not the actual glitch/ fail that's being experienced. :? Thanks for any info..

cassius

A late reply but the game was made for the 360 and ported over to the PS3 and PC. The latter version has been fixed as far as I know, the former still isn't up to scratch. Compound that with the breaking of the PS3 encryption and you've got accusations that the PS3 servers will be shut down.
Stratman

Postby cassius » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Stratman wrote:
cassius wrote:What's all this I'm hearing about Black Ops failing online?? The media just bang on about the money side of it, and not the actual glitch/ fail that's being experienced. :? Thanks for any info..

cassius

A late reply but the game was made for the 360 and ported over to the PS3 and PC. The latter version has been fixed as far as I know, the former still isn't up to scratch. Compound that with the breaking of the PS3 encryption and you've got accusations that the PS3 servers will be shut down.

Very interesting, thanks Stratman. I can see that as a very real threat to the online servers. There are some great Kinect hacks online, I guess some of those were posted the day after it became available..

cassius
cassius

Postby woggle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:14 pm

To save spending £200 or so on a new x-box just to be able to play a few games or so i might try a change of tact & try Call of duty : black ops on the wii has anyone tried the game on this console ? and is it any good ? [ i do realise the graphics may not be as good ]
woggle

Postby cassius » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm

woggle wrote:To save spending £200 or so on a new x-box just to be able to play a few games or so i might try a change of tact & try Call of duty : black ops on the wii has anyone tried the game on this console ? and is it any good ? [ i do realise the graphics may not be as good ]

The titles I have played on the Wii have been good so far. I particularily enjoyed Call Of Duty 3, it may be five years old now, but it was a good game on that format. I cannot see any reason why the latest war games for it should be any worse?! :lol:

< Still sold on my Kinect.. > :roll:

cassius
cassius

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Two of my brothers (16 and 12) dig it.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks you both i may order it at the weekend along with the wii classic controller . :D
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 pm

cassius wrote:
woggle wrote:To save spending £200 or so on a new x-box just to be able to play a few games or so i might try a change of tact & try Call of duty : black ops on the wii has anyone tried the game on this console ? and is it any good ? [ i do realise the graphics may not be as good ]

The titles I have played on the Wii have been good so far. I particularily enjoyed Call Of Duty 3, it may be five years old now, but it was a good game on that format. I cannot see any reason why the latest war games for it should be any worse?! :lol:

< Still sold on my Kinect.. > :roll:

cassius

:lol: If I was a video-gaming snob I'd say are you sure? As CoD 3 is apparently the worst of all the CoD games. But I'm not a snob and I absolutely loved playing it online on the 360.
welshben23

Postby woggle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Oh i just assumed the latest would be the best , dunno why in that case which one would you say is the one i should try ?

[ after ive finished black ops coz i orderd it before i saw ur your post :roll: ]
woggle

Postby Stratman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Don't buy the Wii version, it looks like shit and plays like absolute shit. Also, COD3 was not a good game. Black Ops is good online, can't give an opinion on the singleplayer as I haven't played past the first mission .
Stratman

Postby cassius » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Stratman wrote:

Don't buy the Wii version, it looks like shit and plays like absolute shit. Also, COD3 was not a good game. Black Ops is good online, can't give an opinion on the singleplayer as I haven't played past the first mission .

I haven't played the new version, Call Of Duty 3 was a good game for the tenner I paid for it, bearing in mind it's age..

cassius
cassius

Postby woggle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm

Ive had a quick go tiss alright ..now decided i miss my x-box to much :roll: so is on the looky for a 2nd had one .
woggle

Postby woggle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Okey dokey ive bid for an x-box 360 on ebay with everything inc but game so will have to pick up a few cheapies just nees ur quick advice- [ all for the 360 ] are these any good ?

SBK
Boarderlands
NFS shift
Halo ODST

Found em all quite cheap online just need to know if they are worth a go.
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Borderlands is pretty good.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:20 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Borderlands is pretty good.

Just went out and brought a 2nd hand x-box 360 and may borrow that from my cuz . I also got call of duty : black ops [ traded in the wii version i brought a week ago and got £20 trade in to go towards this one :D ] and ordered SBK for a tenner :D
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 pm

woggle wrote:
barnaclelapse wrote:Borderlands is pretty good.

Just went out and brought a 2nd hand x-box 360 and may borrow that from my cuz . I also got call of duty : black ops [ traded in the wii version i brought a week ago and got £20 trade in to go towards this one :D ] and ordered SBK for a tenner :D

NFS:Shift is excellent too. The best handling in any console racing game I've played for ages.
welshben23

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion