Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Cricket Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Maple » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 am

Warner just ran himself out. So far the hype in unjustified imo.
Maple

Postby Maple » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:00 am

A pathetic display by the Australian batsmen. 269 on a great batting pitch. Wickets thrown away, runouts.... Pathetic.
Maple

Postby Maple » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 am

Ryan Harris is bleeding runs. And the fielding is an abject disgrace! I have never seen such disgraceful fielding fron an Australian team in all my 48 years!

Australian cricket is making me ashamed. Why did Cricket Australia fire Dennis Lillee, Greg Chappell, John Buchannon etc after all their success? Politics. That's why!
Maple

Postby Maple » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Oh no, not McKay bowling the last over! Bad batting misses first ball. Then another missfield! 4 balls left, 12 to win.... A six from Dhoni! Bad ball from the unprofessional bowler! Shameful bowling. A no ball!!!! McKay is a joke!

3 from 3 to win....India win. But really a very bad performance, in fact a disgraceful effort from Australia. That effort does not cut it.

I would fire them, were they musicians. I wont tolerate such unprofessional efforts. Nor would my empployers of me. A joke!
Maple

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:11 pm

:lol: was it that bad?

Cookie's hit a nice ton for us in the one-dayer, and now Finn has waded in with four wickets to wip eout their top order. With Pakistan 84-6, i wonder if Boycott's willing to bet his houses on an England win this time? :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Cookie's hit a nice ton for us in the one-dayer, and now Finn has waded in with four wickets to wip eout their top order. With Pakistan 84-6, i wonder if Boycott's willing to bet his houses on an England win this time? :lol:

:lol: I doubt that phrase will be cropping up on 'Boycott Bingo' again anytime soon.

England's win has to be put into perspective of batting first during a day/nighter which is always a big advantage but yes, that was much better wasn't it. The Test side's confidence was obviously shot to bits after that 2nd Test debacle; hopefully the one-day team can get us some pride back.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah it's not as important to me as the test match cricket, but i'll take some results in the one-dayers rather than getting tonked in all forms of the game over there :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Dare I say things are going rather well in this second one-day also. As you say I'm not nearly as bothered as I am for the tests but it's nice to see our batsmen (well, Cook :lol: ) finding some form again.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Dare I say things are going rather well in this second one-day also. As you say I'm not nearly as bothered as I am for the tests but it's nice to see our batsmen (well, Cook :lol: ) finding some form again.

Back to back hundreds from him. Bopara chipped in. Everyone made a start. They keep saying 250 is about par on this ground (not sure how much cricket has ever been played here to actually have such reliable stats but hey-ho) and we've ended with excactly that. Let's see if Finn can blow through the top order again. Surely they'll bat better this time?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am

Another good win in the end. Again, it appeared to be the Cook and Finn show. Let's hope they don't lose this bit of form :lol:

Doesn't paper over the Test debacle, but i'll take it for now.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Another good win in the end. Again, it appeared to be the Cook and Finn show. Let's hope they don't lose this bit of form :lol:

Doesn't paper over the Test debacle, but i'll take it for now.

Boycott was describing Cook in the paper today as 'the complete batsman', so that's bound to put the mockers on his form :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Another good performance today. Decent bowling to restrict the total, another good knock from Cook, and finally a ton from Pietersen. Comfortable.

What's going on? I thought we were decent as a test side and shit in one dayers. :D

Seriously, though, i guess it shows how much more comfortable their spin bowling is to face once there are restrictions placed upon it - and so proves why Test match cricket is the most important gauge of ability.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Another good performance today. Decent bowling to restrict the total, another good knock from Cook, and finally a ton from Pietersen. Comfortable.

What's going on? I thought we were decent as a test side and shit in one dayers. :D

Seriously, though, i guess it shows how much more comfortable their spin bowling is to face once there are restrictions placed upon it - and so proves why Test match cricket is the most important gauge of ability.

Totally agree with that. I can't help thinking that if we'd have had a couple of extra warm up games we'd have performed better in the Tests. I always knew our batsmen had ability it's just maybe taken them longer than expected to get used to the conditions. Having restrictions placed on Ajmal's bowling certainly hasn't done any harm though :D

I'm so pleased Cook got a decent score again. He's proving he can play on all surfaces and in all conditions now which all truly world class players can do. Pietersen showed he could still have a long career in front of him too. We seem to have been waiting an eternity for him to mature - at 31 it may finally be happening.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I see Ponting has been dropped from the Australian one-day team. You sad to see that happen, maple? Do you think he'll retire completely now?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Back-to-back tons by Pietersen, guiding us through to a one-day whitewash. Wonder if that'll keep the KP critics at bay for five minutes? He might be frustrating, but i think his stats prove he's too good to seriously drop.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Disappointing 20/20 result after a decent start. MInd it was funny seeing all the people moaning on BBC Livetext about how 'rubbish' Swann is now, and how he should be dropped, just as he made the run out and then took those wickets. They went a bit quiet after that :lol:

Edit: Good result in the second match. Handy knock by Bairstow, backed up by good bowling to knock them over.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Maple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 am

The bowling standard by Australia yesterday was of the lowest standard I ever witnessed. An abject disgrace.

Brits you have reason to be confident come the Ashes.

Disgraceful!
Maple

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 am

Maple wrote:The bowling standard by Australia yesterday was of the lowest standard I ever witnessed. An abject disgrace.

Brits you have reason to be confident come the Ashes.

Disgraceful!

heh, have you seen our batsmen at the moment? :lol: It's our bowlers keeping us in games. Might be looking quite even for each side's bat against bowl.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Maple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:32 am

We may be in for an even contests. A shame it will be based on inability. :-D
Maple

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Wow, anyone see New Zealand's match against South Africa today? 133-2 - then four overs later - 133-7! I've never even seen England do that. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Wow, anyone see New Zealand's match against South Africa today? 133-2 - then four overs later - 133-7! I've never even seen England do that. :lol:

Ha! Nice to know we're not the only side capable of that sort of collapse :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 pm

I see Tendulkar finally hit that 100th international century. Hell of a feat, and I bet he's glad to finally get that monkey off his back. The press have been crazy on it for the last 10 months or so waiting for him to reach it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I see Tendulkar finally hit that 100th international century. Hell of a feat, and I bet he's glad to finally get that monkey off his back. The press have been crazy on it for the last 10 months or so waiting for him to reach it.

I bet he's glad he'll finally be able to retire now - no way he could have while stuck on 99. Like Bradman's record average, I do this this will be surpassed by some genuis one day but not for a very, very long time.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby tubalcain » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I see Tendulkar finally hit that 100th international century. Hell of a feat, and I bet he's glad to finally get that monkey off his back. The press have been crazy on it for the last 10 months or so waiting for him to reach it.

I bet he's glad he'll finally be able to retire now - no way he could have while stuck on 99. Like Bradman's record average, I do this this will be surpassed by some genuis one day but not for a very, very long time.

I see Bradman's average as Test status, Tendulkar's as a mix of the two disciplines.
If it is passed in time then it will surely contain the One Day average as an overriding factor. I'm not so keen on that, tbh. :?
tubalcain

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Agreed. I can't see Bradman's average ever being surpassed. Nobody is anywhere near it in the whole of Test Cricket history. I can see Tendulkar's total number of centuries being surpassed. Quantity of games in all formats will see another great player do it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion