Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Cricket Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good T20 win for England yesterday. Hales looks a good addition.

Didn't see the highlights of it. Did we look good? Certainly seemed like a good result, and a fantastic knock by Hales.

Yeah he looked great. It was funny when the commentators were saying people will soon forget about Pietersen's recent decision if Hales keeps this up. Very true of course.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Did you catch today's one-dayer against the Aussies? Decent game. Lovely knock from Morgan, and some nice bowling from us at times when it could have gone very awry.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Did you catch today's one-dayer against the Aussies? Decent game. Lovely knock from Morgan, and some nice bowling from us at times when it could have gone very awry.

Excellent game. You felt we were always in control (expect maybe when their openers were in) which is rarely the case against the Aussies in any form of the game. Brilliant hitting from Morgan but the TMS boys seemed to be going a little over the top elevating him to 'our most talented one-day player ever' after that innings :roll: That Pakistan debacle seems to have disappeared right our of people's minds.

Our bowling attack is as strong as I can ever remember I must say. We actually have strength in depth which never used to be the case.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am

Another very satisfying win against the Aussies yesterday. We look a really good unit at the moment - let's hope they all stay injury free for a while.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Another very satisfying win against the Aussies yesterday. We look a really good unit at the moment - let's hope they all stay injury free for a while.

Caught the highlights today. We're looking suspiciously decent at the moment. Long winning streak at the moment. i guess it can only go downhill from here :lol:

Surprised to hear that if, in the unlikely event, we happen to beat Australia 5-0 then we'd go #1 in the one-day rankings. That would make us #1 ranked in all formats of the game. Never thought i'd live to hear the day they talked that way about the England cricket team.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Another very satisfying win against the Aussies yesterday. We look a really good unit at the moment - let's hope they all stay injury free for a while.

Caught the highlights today. We're looking suspiciously decent at the moment. Long winning streak at the moment. i guess it can only go downhill from here :lol:

Surprised to hear that if, in the unlikely event, we happen to beat Australia 5-0 then we'd go #1 in the one-day rankings. That would make us #1 ranked in all formats of the game. Never thought i'd live to hear the day they talked that way about the England cricket team.

:lol: I know! It feels like there must be some huge sporting calamity around the corner doesn't it.

My theory is that the central contracts have had a slow but sure effect on the team overthe last decade or so. We no longer abuse our prized assets in between internationals, unlike the footy. The day we have central football contracts in this country the devil will be sporting some shiny new snowboots to work.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote::lol: I know! It feels like there must be some huge sporting calamity around the corner doesn't it.

My theory is that the central contracts have had a slow but sure effect on the team overthe last decade or so. We no longer abuse our prized assets in between internationals, unlike the footy. The day we have central football contracts in this country the devil will be sporting some shiny new snowboots to work.

This made me chuckle! :lol:
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 am

England storm to ninth straight ODI win

Never thought I'd live to see the day where victories against the Aussies came like shelling peas :D We didn't even need Morgan to strap his pads on yesterday!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:England storm to ninth straight ODI win

Never thought I'd live to see the day where victories against the Aussies came like shelling peas :D We didn't even need Morgan to strap his pads on yesterday!

Amazing performance again. Extraordinary to see how difficult the conditions were for Australia's batsmen at the start - but then too often in the past we've seen our bowlers bowl shite with such help and give up the advantage. Lovely to have a bunch of players who can take advantage of the chances presented.

Just need Morgan to learn how to catch and we'll be sorted :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hans the German Butler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Strange old situation with Mark Boucher. His career ended by the freakiest of freak acccidents. I can't say I had strong feelings about him one way or another as a person, but he was a good player and it is certainly a loss to the game. I guess Matt Prior will continue to wear his shades when he's keeping up close.
Hans the German Butler

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:Strange old situation with Mark Boucher. His career ended by the freakiest of freak acccidents. I can't say I had strong feelings about him one way or another as a person, but he was a good player and it is certainly a loss to the game. I guess Matt Prior will continue to wear his shades when he's keeping up close.

It's a shame for him and for SA who will be considerably weakened by his absence. Just hope he recovers ok.

Meanwhile it's been another good effort from England so far in this rain affected 5th ODI at Old Trafford. I never knew Bopara could be so useful with the ball :D

Just need another decent batting display now to inflict a 4-0 series defeat on the Aussies which I believe would be the first time that's happened. Strange times to be an Englad cricket fan - I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Hans the German Butler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:It's a shame for him and for SA who will be considerably weakened by his absence. Just hope he recovers ok.

Meanwhile it's been another good effort from England so far in this rain affected 5th ODI at Old Trafford. I never knew Bopara could be so useful with the ball :D

Just need another decent batting display now to inflict a 4-0 series defeat on the Aussies which I believe would be the first time that's happened. Strange times to be an Englad cricket fan - I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe...

Oh for our footballers to hit similar heights. It is great to see the Aussies squirm for a change, after years of our being cowed by them.
Hans the German Butler

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 am

Hans the German Butler wrote:Oh for our footballers to hit similar heights. It is great to see the Aussies squirm for a change, after years of our being cowed by them.

Heh, there were a couple of funny tweets on the Beeb website towards the end of the game. One English wag wondered if the Aussies would be vacationing in White Washington this summer to which an Aussie responded "Perhaps Freddie Flintoff can direct us there?" Easy to forget that total humiliation occurred only 5 years ago. Amazing how far we've come.

As you say Hans, oh for such a turnaround in our footballing fortunes...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Been a dominant performance in what was our weakest format. A joy to see a focussed cricket programme appearing to reap the rewards of a decent crop of players.

i've seen some real lows in the quality of England players for too many years so it's nice to enjoy a purple patch.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 am

Phenomenal display from South Africa so far. Looking like they should take this first test against England. They've outplayed us at our own game here. Staggering first innings from them. They'll deserve the likely win.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Quality innings from Pietersen today, and nice support from Taylor on his debut. How ickle is he?! :lol: That's some crazy futurist cricket helmet he wears, too.

Dragged us back into the match anyway.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Nobody left on the board to talk about this, but it is sweet to see the Australian team in such disarray during the current Ashes series. 2-0 up and hopefully more to come!

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion