Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Formula 1 Season

Postby kat » Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Williams are back in business
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Great result for Williams. Terrible goings on with their post race garage fire, though. Thankfully, everyone got out of there.

End of a terrible race weekend for Button. Must be gutting to finish behind your team mate who's been bumped to the back of the grid. He needs to buck his ideas up at the moment. It's just not happening for whatever reason.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

as far as I know all team staff taken to the medical centre/hospital are doing well, he's not having the best run of form at the moment, as much as I hate to say it another person having a bad run, Felipe Massa being the last of the "established" teams doesn't help his stance in the team, I don't like to say it but he is on his way out of Ferrari, yet I don't see an opening for him, unless they do a direct swap with Perez at Sauber
kat

Postby kat » Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

am a happy Williams fan, not the biggest fan of Maldonado but happy the team had a great race (despite the post race issues)
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes, pleased for Frank Williams, even though i'm not especially fussed with Maldonado, either.

I don't know what's going on at Ferrari with Massa. There's a big problem there. At the moment I can't see him even making it to the end of this season in that second car. He's going to be out in the wilderness. Not sure if any competitive team would want to pick him up. There are drivers out there proving themselves deserving of a chance at a 'bigger' team if a seat became available for whatever reason.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Decent drive from Schumacher to get pole in Monaco - the five-place grid penalty for his Senna collision in Spain takes nothing away from the drive today. Nice to see Webber having a good qualification, too. Another disappointing outing from Button. And not sure what was going on with Maldonado.

Not at all my favourite race on the calendar, but it'll be interesting to see if we get many overtakes on this track from a grid containing more competitive cars/drivers.

Also, in spite of praising his great qualifying this weekend, i'm amazed no further action has been taken against Schumacher after seeing the footage of his dangerous driving to deliberately cut part of the track to pass and then deliberately cut up Hamilton during the free practice for the Spanish Grand Prix. That was pretty naughty and, as shown from his own car's camera footage, clearly premeditated.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 pm

6 races, 6 winners, this will truly be a championship from consistency. Great drive from Webber, despite the fact it was the typical processional Monaco, good to see both Force India drivers in the points again, and a really strong drive from Kovalinen in the Caterham who seem to be finally challenging the midfield on race pace if not in qualifying
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon May 28, 2012 11:59 am

Predictably dull, dull, dull race. No matter how the media try to spin it, It's a bullshit race that wouldn't last on the calendar if it wasn't just a posh place for media people to get sent on expenses paid jollies.

I have to say Kovalainen was only looking so well placed throughout the race because no bugger can pass anyone on that track. Button must have been getting frustrated at how much quicker he was than Heiki without there finding any room to overtake anywhere on the track. It's just so boring when the only passing can take place with the timing of a pitstop and a bit of luck.

That said, pleased Webber had the reliability to to lead the procession from start to end to win the race.

Glad that idiotic weekend is out of the way now and we can get back to the proper racing.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Intriguing race in Canada. Alonso and Vettel fell off the cliff attempting the single pit stop. Dramatic decline. Hamilton appeared to dominate that race, though, so i don't think either could have stayed with him either way.

Don't know what the hell's happened to Button this year. He's gone flat as a pancake.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 pm

(something I never thought I'd say) really good to see Schumacher back up on the podium, he's been unlucky in the past few races, and from a Jenson point of view, glad to see he was in the points, also good to see both Force Indias up there
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 pm

kat wrote:(something I never thought I'd say) really good to see Schumacher back up on the podium, he's been unlucky in the past few races, and from a Jenson point of view, glad to see he was in the points, also good to see both Force Indias up there

Excellent race to watch. I know you have a pathological hate of Hamilton, but even you have to concede that he was blameless in being taken out by Maldonado at the end? The guy went off the track and just weaved back on without any care for Lewis being on the track and having the line. Pastor has to be hammered at some point for the amount of problems he causes?

Mind, if i was Hamilton i would have stayed well clear of him. He should know fine well what a liability he is to be near on the track. I'd rather have avoided the idiot and made sure of 4th.

I have to say that the FIA also have a duty to start giving out warnings and then penalties to all the drivers/teams for the constant, blatantly deliberate driving off of the track to keep a speed and line on that particular sector?

Anyway, Alonso was awesome today. Showed why he's probably the best driver on the grid.

Button somehow ended up with points but i have to say he looks very poor at the moment. Simply doesn't looks like he's going to threaten the racers fighting for the top places. Very strange.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm

it's fair to say not has happened since the last post on here ;)
main thought, Grosjean is a liability (no matter how happy I am he is ruining Alonso's championship) the sooner they replace him the better
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 pm

kat wrote:it's fair to say not has happened since the last post on here ;)
main thought, Grosjean is a liability (no matter how happy I am he is ruining Alonso's championship) the sooner they replace him the better

Hehe. Welcome back. One or two things have indeed happened. I had loads to post but nobody except you bothers with the thread so i just left it :D

I was expecting Grosjean to get a proper hammering when he took out Hamilton and caused that massive accident a couple of races back. I thought it might be more than the one race ban. Now he's added Webber to the catalogue of casualties i think he'll be getting slightly more than the ten-second stop-go penalty from the race. Had to chuckle at Webber calling him the "first-lap nutcase".

If nothing else, Grosjean's taken the focus from Maldonado. :D

Thankfully Alonso got away with that big smash a few weeks ago. That was too close to his head for comfort. He's certainly getting the bad luck in spades, racewise, with that crash and the latest one taking him out at the start through no fault of his own. It's all working out very nicely for Vettel.

What do you think of Perez joining McLaren? He looks a very decent prospect but i thought one of the Force India's might have got the spot.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm

I like Perez I think he can do well there, the driver market is very interesting at the moment, although it looks like Massa is going to resign at Ferrari, especially after Sunday's excellent result, there are still potentially 2 seats at Sauber, there is potential movement at Williams, Max Chilton is being rumoured to replace Charles Pic at Marussia, Vitaly Petrov may be leaving Caterham if he can't find more sponsorship, Lewis' move was just the beginning
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am

kat wrote:I like Perez I think he can do well there, the driver market is very interesting at the moment, although it looks like Massa is going to resign at Ferrari, especially after Sunday's excellent result, there are still potentially 2 seats at Sauber, there is potential movement at Williams, Max Chilton is being rumoured to replace Charles Pic at Marussia, Vitaly Petrov may be leaving Caterham if he can't find more sponsorship, Lewis' move was just the beginning

Was it the Ferrari team boss who said we were soon going to see a lot of surprising moves throughout the teams for next year? Good luck to Perez, though. I hope the better car can help bring him consistent finishes. He'll get less patience for silly retirements, but i agree that he's got the ability to do very well.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Not a fan of that India track. Second year in a row that pretty wide gaps have formed between most racers so that very little action occurs.

Bernie must be making a fortune from somebody for these far eastern races, though, as the tracks don't look anywhere near packed with spectators.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion