Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Last Song You Listened To

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'm in the process of trying to persuade my mate to go to one of those with me - presuming they're not all sold out within minutes :D I'm guessing the whole show will be the band performing SSOASS in its entirity as per the tracklisting on the album with a couple of 'bonuses' thrown in for the encore. That's what other bands have done when attempting this sort of show - I think there's a real appetite for it from fans.

Not sure if that's what they'll do. They might recreate a version of the set list from the original tour back in the day - like they did with the Somewhere Back In Time tour mimicking the Live After Death tour a few years back - released as part of the Flight 666 documentary. The original Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour set, as released on the old 'Maiden England' video was:
1. Moonchild
2. The Evil That Men Do
3. The Prisoner
4. Still Life
5. Die With Your Boots On
6. Infinite Dreams
7. Killers
8. Can I Play With Madness
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Wasted Years
11. The Clairvoyant
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Iron Maiden.

plus the three encore songs that were left off the video - Run To The Hills, Sanctuary and Running Free.

Btw, am I allowed to enjoy some Blaze Bayley tracks without being looked down upon by the purists? :lol:

Absolutely :D I like a bunch of the Blaze tracks. Stuff like Clansman, Sign Of the Cross, Lord Of The Flies, etc, stand up there with any of the catalogue.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 pm

June Afternoon, by Roxette.

The chorus goes 'It's a bright June afternoon'. Didn't really match the gale-force winds and torrential rain outside, but 'twas nice to listen to anyway. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Iron Maiden - When The Wild Wind Blows (live); The Evil that Men Do (live); Fear Of The Dark (live)

kat, did you ever get the En Vivo gig? It's quality.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Michael Jackson-Ben

Nothing better than a love song about a rat!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby kat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Iron Maiden - When The Wild Wind Blows (live); The Evil that Men Do (live); Fear Of The Dark (live)

no, will look it up
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51 pm

kat wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Iron Maiden - When The Wild Wind Blows (live); The Evil that Men Do (live); Fear Of The Dark (live)

no, will look it up

Worth a look. I remember you saying you wanted to see the last tour. Looks decent on blu ray.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Worth a look. I remember you saying you wanted to see the last tour. Looks decent on blu ray.

I watched the Rock in Rio and En Vivo concerts back to back on my last night shift (both have full version available on YouTube, incidentally) - superb stuff. I initially just wanted to see the Rock in Rio version of Fear of the Dark but ended up watching the whole thing. I then wanted to compare that 2001 concert with how they look now (surprisingly little difference!) so just intended watching the start for comparison but ended up watching it all as well. I loved Bruce's 'psyche ward' top and Dave Murray's perma-grin :D

My missus thinks I'm hankering after my youth playing all these Maiden CDs in the car and she may be right. If my Eddie t-shirts from the '80s still fit I'd be tempted to start wearing them again :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:19 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Worth a look. I remember you saying you wanted to see the last tour. Looks decent on blu ray.

I watched the Rock in Rio and En Vivo concerts back to back on my last night shift (both have full version available on YouTube, incidentally) - superb stuff. I initially just wanted to see the Rock in Rio version of Fear of the Dark but ended up watching the whole thing. I then wanted to compare that 2001 concert with how they look now (surprisingly little difference!) so just intended watching the start for comparison but ended up watching it all as well. I loved Bruce's 'psyche ward' top and Dave Murray's perma-grin :D

My missus thinks I'm hankering after my youth playing all these Maiden CDs in the car and she may be right. If my Eddie t-shirts from the '80s still fit I'd be tempted to start wearing them again :lol:

:lol:

I still wear Maiden t-shirts. :D I quite like the football tops they do, too, but i can't see me forking out the £40-odd quid for one.

Rock In Rio is a great gig. The one thing that slightly grates about their live gig releases from Rio onwards is the manic editing. Sometimes holding a shot for a few seconds is a nice effect rather than a barrage of half a dozen cuts per second. If you can get hold of Death On The Road, though, i'd watch that as well. The live version of Paschendale is absolutely incredible.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I still wear Maiden t-shirts. :D I quite like the football tops they do, too, but i can't see me forking out the £40-odd quid for one.

I may have to invest in an XL version of the classic Eddie t-shirt if I manage to get to one of their gigs next year - I wouldn't want to go out of uniform :D

Rock In Rio is a great gig. The one thing that slightly grates about their live gig releases from Rio onwards is the manic editing. Sometimes holding a shot for a few seconds is a nice effect rather than a barrage of half a dozen cuts per second. If you can get hold of Death On The Road, though, i'd watch that as well. The live version of Paschendale is absolutely incredible.

That's a fantastic song - along with my longtime favourite The Evil That Men Do two of the best Maiden tracks I reckon.

Had my son singing along to The Number of the Beast yesterday while sat in the car with him outside Asda - it was a proud moment :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Had my son singing along to The Number of the Beast yesterday while sat in the car with him outside Asda - it was a proud moment :D

\m/ \m/

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 am

Moon-Crane wrote:\m/ \m/

Indeed! :D

I've become a right metal-head again...

Judas Priest - Painkiller. Fucking awesome song.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I miss the days when pop songs were about weasels.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I miss the days when pop songs were about weasels.

And weasels on album covers.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I miss the days when pop songs were about weasels.

Eh? I can't think of a single pop song about weasels. Maybe Stoatal Eclipse of the Heart? I'll get my coat :lol:
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby kat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:\m/ \m/

Indeed! :D

I've become a right metal-head again...

Judas Priest - Painkiller. Fucking awesome song.

\m/
Satyricon-Into the Mighty Forest
Mayhem-De Myseriis Dom Sathanas
Emperor-Inno A Satana
Venom-Bloodlust
Dimmu Borgir-Antikrist

having black metal night
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby woggle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 am

Dizzee rascal - bonkers
Alissa+ smoke jumpers - alone again
Coldplay+Rhianna - princess of china
Last edited by woggle on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'm in the process of trying to persuade my mate to go to one of those with me - presuming they're not all sold out within minutes :D I'm guessing the whole show will be the band performing SSOASS in its entirity as per the tracklisting on the album with a couple of 'bonuses' thrown in for the encore. That's what other bands have done when attempting this sort of show - I think there's a real appetite for it from fans.

Here's the set list from the opening night of the tour last night in Charlotte, NC.
Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Prisoner (First time played live since September 21, 1991)
2 Minutes to Midnight
Afraid to Shoot Strangers (First time played live since December 12, 1998)
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (First time played live since December 12, 1988)
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 am

Moon-Crane wrote:

Here's the set list from the opening night of the tour last night in Charlotte, NC.
Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

Looking good! As others said on the comments section it's a bit of a surprise to see Infinite Dreams excluded especially if they're playing most of the SSOASS set. Maybe it'll change for the UK tour.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Here's the set list from the opening night of the tour last night in Charlotte, NC.
Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

Looking good! As others said on the comments section it's a bit of a surprise to see Infinite Dreams excluded especially if they're playing most of the SSOASS set. Maybe it'll change for the UK tour.

They do often change up a couple of songs during the early part of the tour. I probably wouldn't mind seeing Infinite Dreams be included - although i'd rather have it replace one of The Trooper, Number of the Beast or Run To The Hills in the main set and move that track to replace Running Free in the encore.

Pleasant surprise to see them choosing Phantom Of The Opera within the set, so i'd prefer that not be dropped along the way.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:36 am

Moon-Crane wrote:They do often change up a couple of songs during the early part of the tour. I probably wouldn't mind seeing Infinite Dreams be included - although i'd rather have it replace one of The Trooper, Number of the Beast or Run To The Hills in the main set and move that track to replace Running Free in the encore.

Pleasant surprise to see them choosing Phantom Of The Opera within the set, so i'd prefer that not be dropped along the way.

Phantom Of The Opera's a top tune. I hadn't heard it for years before recently getting into the band again. I'm sure that intro must have been used in a commercial or something as it's ridiculously familiar...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:They do often change up a couple of songs during the early part of the tour. I probably wouldn't mind seeing Infinite Dreams be included - although i'd rather have it replace one of The Trooper, Number of the Beast or Run To The Hills in the main set and move that track to replace Running Free in the encore.

Phantom Of The Opera's a top tune. I hadn't heard it for years before recently getting into the band again. I'm sure that intro must have been used in a commercial or something as it's ridiculously familiar...

It sure was! This was the first time i ever heard the song before i knew of Maiden. Does that sound like Des Lynam doing the voiceover at the end?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:32 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

It sure was! This was the first time i ever heard the song before i knew of Maiden. Does that sound like Des Lynam doing the voiceover at the end?

Wonderful stuff - I remember that advert so well! :D

Definitely Des doing the voiceover.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Phantom Of The Opera's a top tune. I hadn't heard it for years before recently getting into the band again. I'm sure that intro must have been used in a commercial or something as it's ridiculously familiar...

Wonderful stuff - I remember that advert so well! :D

Definitely Des doing the voiceover.

Not been too many adverts i've ever remembered in a positive light but that one stuck. When i first received the Iron Maiden album on vinyl from my dad's cousin, and heard that intro kick in, i was well excited :lol: I'd found my band!

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Hahahaha, FJ you have to watch this - it's hilarious!

Literal version of 'I Would Do Anything For Love' video
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Hahahaha, FJ you have to watch this - it's hilarious!

Literal version of 'I Would Do Anything For Love' video

Still want my necklace back! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion