Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Last Song You Listened To

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Last Song You Listened To

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 am

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Good song. It reminds me of the last drama production I took part in at my school (in April 2006) for our practical Drama exam, because that was the song that Lauren, Gary and Paddy played at the end of their drama piece. They performed sections from the play Betrayal by Harold Pinter.

Their play was actually quite sad - a couple of our teachers admitted they were crying a bit at the end of their play.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:34 am

Whatever this chick on American Idol just sang!

But the last "real" song I listened to was The Bangles: Where Were You When I Needed You?
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Wezzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve


Good one, I like that song.

For me, it was The Old Apartment by Barenaked Ladies.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Shoryuken » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:21 am

Right at this minute Im listening to Seven Days In The Sun by Feeder..
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best (1946-2005)
User avatar
Shoryuken
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 'Sunny' (yeah right) Sheffield, UK

Postby Paul B » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 am

Blueberry Boat by The Fiery Furnaces

An enjoyable, lengthy song. Great sound.
User avatar
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: South Gloucestershire, England

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve


Good one, I like that song.


The next time you hear it, think of Lauren, Gary and Paddy, even though you don't know them. :)

I just listened to Little Lies by Fleetwood Mac.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Paul B » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:04 pm

The Bleeding Heart Show by The New Pornographers. Beautiful song.
User avatar
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: South Gloucestershire, England

Postby welshben23 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:48 pm

Phenomenon - LL Cool J
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Davey Boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Good song. It reminds me of the last drama production I took part in at my school (in April 2006) for our practical Drama exam, because that was the song that Lauren, Gary and Paddy played at the end of their drama piece. They performed sections from the play Betrayal by Harold Pinter.

Their play was actually quite sad - a couple of our teachers admitted they were crying a bit at the end of their play.


One of my favourite all time songs that BGF! In fact I'm going to put it on right now! :D
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
User avatar
Davey Boy
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:07 am
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, UK

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:27 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Good song. It reminds me of the last drama production I took part in at my school (in April 2006) for our practical Drama exam, because that was the song that Lauren, Gary and Paddy played at the end of their drama piece. They performed sections from the play Betrayal by Harold Pinter.

Their play was actually quite sad - a couple of our teachers admitted they were crying a bit at the end of their play.


One of my favourite all time songs that BGF! In fact I'm going to put it on right now! :D


Do you remember the video for that? Richard Ashcroft walking down that street bumping into everyone? It was a lot weirder than it sounds...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm listening to the Broadway soundtrack from Wicked!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Shoryuken » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:09 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Do you remember the video for that? Richard Ashcroft walking down that street bumping into everyone? It was a lot weirder than it sounds...


Ive not seen that for ages.. youtube is a wonderful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ2aQz8KVE
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best (1946-2005)
User avatar
Shoryuken
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 'Sunny' (yeah right) Sheffield, UK

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Davey Boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:15 pm

Shoryuken wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Do you remember the video for that? Richard Ashcroft walking down that street bumping into everyone? It was a lot weirder than it sounds...


Ive not seen that for ages.. youtube is a wonderful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ2aQz8KVE


Haven't seen it in a long time either so just watched it! Absolutely quality!
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
User avatar
Davey Boy
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:07 am
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, UK

Postby Wezzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Yup, gotta love that video.

Just listened to R.E.M.'s "Laughing".
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Paul B » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Pilgrimage by R.E.M.

Fast becoming my favourite song of theirs. But then that changes a lot.
User avatar
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: South Gloucestershire, England

Postby Wezzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Paul B wrote:Pilgrimage by R.E.M.

Fast becoming my favourite song of theirs. But then that changes a lot.


It was my favourite for a while, but then I got a little bored of it. Up there with the best of the IRS era though.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Paul B » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:27 pm

An Arrow in the Side of Final Fantasy by Final Fantasy

I love the music 'borrowed' from Super Mario Land 2. :) Great singer.
User avatar
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: South Gloucestershire, England

Postby actingluvr94 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Goin' Crazy by Ashely Tisdale!!!
actingluvr94
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:31 am

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Samson by Regina Spektor. Her album 'Begin to Hope' is worth a listen.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
User avatar
Sideshow Meg
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Waterlooville

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Sugar and Spice-The Searchers.

I'm listening to the soundtrack for Good Morning Vietnam. It's a great soundtrack!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Wezzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 pm

The Shins - Australia. One of the best from their latest album.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:02 am

Whistle Stop - from the 1973 Robin Hood film (the cartoon.)

Whistle While You Work - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Bad Ambassador » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am

Predictable, but 'Sweden' by The Divine Comedy.
User avatar
Bad Ambassador
 
Posts: 8855
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Skank Town, England

Re: Last Song You Listened To

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Shoryuken wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Do you remember the video for that? Richard Ashcroft walking down that street bumping into everyone? It was a lot weirder than it sounds...


Ive not seen that for ages.. youtube is a wonderful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLZ2aQz8KVE


Haven't seen it in a long time either so just watched it! Absolutely quality!


i must have a thing for music videos involving people just walking down the street, because this is a classic - and i like Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack even more.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2017. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.