Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Snapshots of your life

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Snapshots of your life

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:09 pm

Similar to the photo thread we had - where we post either photos of ourselves, or of people/places from our lives.

I'm not in this picture - it's a picture of some of the people I used to hang around with in the 6th Form (Years 12 and 13.)



The boy at the front, in the green/greyish jumper is Edward.

The guy behind him, wearing the white T-shirt, is Ben.

Behind Ben, wearing the black T-shirt, is Andrew (nicknamed "Dougie".)

The guy with the glasses, next to Andrew, is Gary (he's the one I told you about, whose mother died in November.) All his friends call Gary "Paddy."

Next to Paddy, also wearing glasses, is Peter.

Nex to Peter is a girl named Cheryl.
Last edited by Bee Gees Fan on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Nervosa » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:13 pm

They may not appreciate you putting photos of them on the internet. I'd be horrified if I thought someone was postings pictures of me on a site without me knowing about it, and if I did know I'd tell them not to.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
User avatar
Nervosa
 
Posts: 3291
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:33 am

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Would they? I didn't consider that. But another of our group, a girl called Melissa, has the photo on her myspace page, where anyone can see it. I wouldn't have thought they'd mind.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Well, after all the beer talk on the Pancake thread, I couldn't resist!

Me in a place called McSorley's Pub in New York City.

Please bear in mind that this picture was taken the day we arrived and I had nearly missed our plane due to over sleeping and then I proceded to rinse my contacts down the sink. Once we arrived in New York, our cabbie was about 110 years old and nearly killed us by hitting the wall in one of the tunnels on a few occasions! It was a very, very long day and that beer went down REAL FAST!

Image
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Hey, great pic Rudy! :D

I love the look of the bar you're in - it look more like a good old-fashioned English pub with all that wooden panelling!

You've got a couple of dark beers in front of you too by the looks of it - what were they?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Wezzo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Would they? I didn't consider that.


I personally wouldn't mind the picture, but it's definitely not wise to include their full names at least.

Nice pic, Rudy! :)
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Hey, great pic Rudy! :D

I love the look of the bar you're in - it look more like a good old-fashioned English pub with all that wooden panelling!

You've got a couple of dark beers in front of you too by the looks of it - what were they?


McSorley's was originally a Mens Only bar and it stayed that way until the 70's. It was a "press club" pub where all the men who worked in the press would gather and discuss the days events. The walls of the place are filled with photos and old news articles and various other mementos of an era gone by!

The only thing they serve there is beer and soda (coke or 7-up mainly). And the only type of beer they serve is McSorley's. You order either Light or Dark and you have to order two at a time. Thus, when you sit down, you say to the server 2 lights or 2 darks or 1 and 1 (meaning one of each). Depending on how many people you have. Generally, there are 3-4 of us so we split it down the middle. 4 and 4.

It's my absolute favorite place in New York. We've spent hours there. Met some really fun people in there as well.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Hey, great pic Rudy! :D

I love the look of the bar you're in - it look more like a good old-fashioned English pub with all that wooden panelling!

You've got a couple of dark beers in front of you too by the looks of it - what were they?


McSorley's was originally a Mens Only bar and it stayed that way until the 70's. It was a "press club" pub where all the men who worked in the press would gather and discuss the days events. The walls of the place are filled with photos and old news articles and various other mementos of an era gone by!

The only thing they serve there is beer and soda (coke or 7-up mainly). And the only type of beer they serve is McSorley's. You order either Light or Dark and you have to order two at a time. Thus, when you sit down, you say to the server 2 lights or 2 darks or 1 and 1 (meaning one of each). Depending on how many people you have. Generally, there are 3-4 of us so we split it down the middle. 4 and 4.

It's my absolute favorite place in New York. We've spent hours there. Met some really fun people in there as well.


Ah, thanks for the explanation! I'm not used to going to pubs where they only serve one brand of beer. Is there a discernable difference between the dark and light beers there? The dark beers over here are much 'heavier' and more akin to a meal than a drink! The place I used to frequent in my home town of Bradford has 12 real ales at any one time (including three 'guest' beers which they got a barrel each of to keep the turnover high). I'm actually going to a 'real ale festival' in Bradford on Thursday and look forward to sampling some of the 200+ ales they will have!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Oh, I used to go to 'mens only clubs' as well when I used to play league snooker. Shamefully they used to ban women from attending so if you had a wife or girlfriend they had to stay at home! :shock:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Stratman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:12 pm

When I go to men only clubs I always say I'm going to play snooker. No one can know my true nature.
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Hey, great pic Rudy! :D

I love the look of the bar you're in - it look more like a good old-fashioned English pub with all that wooden panelling!

You've got a couple of dark beers in front of you too by the looks of it - what were they?


McSorley's was originally a Mens Only bar and it stayed that way until the 70's. It was a "press club" pub where all the men who worked in the press would gather and discuss the days events. The walls of the place are filled with photos and old news articles and various other mementos of an era gone by!

The only thing they serve there is beer and soda (coke or 7-up mainly). And the only type of beer they serve is McSorley's. You order either Light or Dark and you have to order two at a time. Thus, when you sit down, you say to the server 2 lights or 2 darks or 1 and 1 (meaning one of each). Depending on how many people you have. Generally, there are 3-4 of us so we split it down the middle. 4 and 4.

It's my absolute favorite place in New York. We've spent hours there. Met some really fun people in there as well.


Ah, thanks for the explanation! I'm not used to going to pubs where they only serve one brand of beer. Is there a discernable difference between the dark and light beers there? The dark beers over here are much 'heavier' and more akin to a meal than a drink! The place I used to frequent in my home town of Bradford has 12 real ales at any one time (including three 'guest' beers which they got a barrel each of to keep the turnover high). I'm actually going to a 'real ale festival' in Bradford on Thursday and look forward to sampling some of the 200+ ales they will have!


McSorley's is the only place I know of that serves only one brand of beer. It's pretty decent beer but it's not on the level of true dark beer. It's more like the "red" beers that we have here. I like it but it's not like sitting down with a Guinness or a heavy bock beer.

Plus, if you notice, the beers are rather small. They are only about 8 oz. mugs. They go down right quickly though!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Stratman wrote:When I go to men only clubs I always say I'm going to play snooker. No one can know my true nature.


I was going to crack a similar joke but thought I'd leave it to the meastro! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:McSorley's is the only place I know of that serves only one brand of beer. It's pretty decent beer but it's not on the level of true dark beer. It's more like the "red" beers that we have here. I like it but it's not like sitting down with a Guinness or a heavy bock beer.

Plus, if you notice, the beers are rather small. They are only about 8 oz. mugs. They go down right quickly though!


Yes, now you mention it I think I've got a couple of mugs that size. Just over half a pint, if memory serves.

'Red' beer sounds vile. Is that similar to 'root beer'?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:22 pm

'Red' beer sounds vile. Is that similar to 'root beer'?


It's pretty good actually. It's sort of a cross between a regular lager and something a bit heavier. It's got a bit of red tinge to it. The best of the "red" lot is a Wisconsin brewed called Leinenkugels Red.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Stratman wrote:When I go to men only clubs I always say I'm going to play snooker. No one can know my true nature.


LOL! That's why I said "men only bar" instead of Men's Club! :D
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
'Red' beer sounds vile. Is that similar to 'root beer'?


It's pretty good actually. It's sort of a cross between a regular lager and something a bit heavier. It's got a bit of red tinge to it. The best of the "red" lot is a Wisconsin brewed called Leinenkugels Red.


We have some darker beers that are 'ruby red' when held up to the light. They sound similar to that.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Stratman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:When I go to men only clubs I always say I'm going to play snooker. No one can know my true nature.


I was going to crack a similar joke but thought I'd leave it to the meastro! :lol:


That's the alias I use, actually.
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shoryuken » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm not used to going to pubs where they only serve one brand of beer


I thought most pubs only sold Carling here ? ;)

Foul stuff.. heaven knows why its sold everywhere (and I mean, everywhere) in this country as the default lager. "Taste of Britain" my arse.. I notice that message has disappeared off the cans recently, did the UK tourist board have a hand in this ? ;)
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best (1946-2005)
User avatar
Shoryuken
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 'Sunny' (yeah right) Sheffield, UK

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:57 pm

Wezzo wrote:I personally wouldn't mind the picture, but it's definitely not wise to include their full names at least.


You're right; I'll edit it. Maybe I'll get rid of the picture in a few days' time. I like it, though; it's a nice reminder of school.

I remember I used to fancy Peter in Year 7 and Year 8. I think Paddy looks quite nice.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:09 am

The ACTUAL cat named Rudy!

Image

Image
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:The ACTUAL cat named Rudy!

Image

Image


Bless!

I love the name you've chosen for that second JPEG - 'Killer Kitty'! :lol:

I wonder if anyone will stoop low enough to crack a 'pussy' joke? Strat? Rob? Nervosa? :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Stratman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:55 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
I wonder if anyone will stoop low enough to crack a 'pussy' joke? Strat? Rob? Nervosa? :wink:


Pussy is such a great word, it rolls right off the tongue.
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby Wezzo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:The ACTUAL cat named Rudy!

Image

Image


Aww, so sweet! :D
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:46 am

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
I wonder if anyone will stoop low enough to crack a 'pussy' joke? Strat? Rob? Nervosa? :wink:


Pussy is such a great word, it rolls right off the tongue.


:lol: I knew you wouldn't disappoint...

I saw the ep of Boston Legal that has your sig in last night - great line!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Stratman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:54 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
I wonder if anyone will stoop low enough to crack a 'pussy' joke? Strat? Rob? Nervosa? :wink:


Pussy is such a great word, it rolls right off the tongue.


:lol: I knew you wouldn't disappoint...


That's what she said. :wink:

I saw the ep of Boston Legal that has your sig in last night - great line!


Great episode! Denny sitting on Alan's head was hilarious. :lol:
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2020. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.