Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Six Nations - New Brooms sweep clean!!!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Rodge wrote:By the way it's been at least 4 hours now. The Welsh Rugby fans do not get too many opportunities to gloat. I'm amazed Ben hasn't been on with his large font and bold red writing! :wink:

OK you asked for it...WELL DONE SCOTLAND!! :P

Christ, you must have had a good night last night - too drunk to type until 10:30 the next morning.
You do seem more happy about Scotland beating England than Wales winning though!!!
Go on then give it the full gloat, you deserve it for once :cry:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I know, it's all good fun! :D But you'll probably regret starting this discussion because I'll bore you to death over it! :lol:

I did mention suicide as a better option; I didn't expect you to take it literally! :lol:

And considering that out of the 22 points; you have partially agreed with at least half of them then I don't think I have done too badly. :)
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Rodge wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I know, it's all good fun! :D But you'll probably regret starting this discussion because I'll bore you to death over it! :lol:

I did mention suicide as a better option; I didn't expect you to take it literally! :lol:

And considering that out of the 22 points; you have partially agreed with at least half of them then I don't think I have done too badly. :)

I was offering a balanced rebuke. :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Chocolate Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:14 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Rodge wrote:By the way it's been at least 4 hours now. The Welsh Rugby fans do not get too many opportunities to gloat. I'm amazed Ben hasn't been on with his large font and bold red writing! :wink:

OK you asked for it...WELL DONE SCOTLAND!! :P

Wouldn't blue have been more apporopriate? :P
Chocolate Fan

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Right, now although I enjoy watching a good rugby match (nothing to do with the yummy chunky guys in tight shorts, honest), my understanding is limited, being that I'm a 'girl' and all. I'm not asking hubby this cuz he'll laugh at me if I'm wrong, but am I right in saying that after today's match, France are going to have to beat Wales by 20 points to stop them winning the championship?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Right, now although I enjoy watching a good rugby match (nothing to do with the yummy chunky guys in tight shorts, honest), my understanding is limited, being that I'm a 'girl' and all. I'm not asking hubby this cuz he'll laugh at me if I'm wrong, but am I right in saying that after today's match, France are going to have to beat Wales by 20 points to stop them winning the championship?

I'm not sure. But I hope they do, regardless. :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Right, now although I enjoy watching a good rugby match (nothing to do with the yummy chunky guys in tight shorts, honest), my understanding is limited, being that I'm a 'girl' and all. I'm not asking hubby this cuz he'll laugh at me if I'm wrong, but am I right in saying that after today's match, France are going to have to beat Wales by 20 points to stop them winning the championship?

Yep that's about it. I don't mind if Wales win the Championship, but France cannot let them win the Grand Slam. That's just embarassing!
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:10 pm

Rodge wrote:

Yep that's about it. I don't mind if Wales win the Championship, but France cannot let them win the Grand Slam. That's just embarassing!

It would be for me - I said at the start of this tournament their 2005 Grand Slam was a 'once in a generation' type event... :oops:

Still, their hardest match is still to come, and it's the hope that kills you. :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Rodge wrote:

It would be for me - I said at the start of this tournament their 2005 Grand Slam was a 'once in a generation' type event... :oops:

Still, their hardest match is still to come, and it's the hope that kills you. :lol:

Yes but when you said that, I think the generation you were talking about was a gerbils generation! :lol: :D
welshben23

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Rodge wrote:

Yes but when you said that, I think the generation you were talking about was a gerbils generation! :lol: :D

Someone will be eating their words next week!! Wales do have a massive home advantage, but getting that Grand Slam is always the hardest.
Rodge

Postby woggle » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Rodge wrote:
woggle wrote:whats bloody wrong with football :evil:

You asked?
Well here is a point made per player on the pitch.

1) The players are spoilt, overpaid, uneducated wimps.
2) Football in this country has a brutish, anti-intellectual culture which is different to football culture in many other countries. Here, it’s not the beautiful game, it's pig ugly.
3) Footballers, their wives and the hooligans who follow them, give Britain a bad name.
4) The constant obsession with the fact that we won in 1966 - that's over 40 years ago for crying out loud!
5) Money is everything. The focus is no longer on the game, but the money that can be made.
6) Nobody plays as part of a team, instead as self centered egoistic individuals wondering how much money they will make from the next transfer.
7) Football is taken far too seriously people get stabbed over football and it causes riots.
8) Somewhat depressing that the nearest we can get to any sense of national identity is the Eng-er-land chanting, car-flag-petrol-wasting.
9) The unpleasant brand of mass hysteria nationalism which erupts during the World cup/European Cup.
10) It takes up far more time in all of the media than is justified.
11) Footballing 'Role Models' dont do enough to help the cause. You only have to look at the media for your evidence of players fighting on the pitch & spitting at each other the list goes on. Don't get me wrong it's not all down to the players the FA and clubs are also to blame, they let players get away with murder!
12) The amount of money being conned out of families with young children due to the ever changing Premiership strips.
13) 90 minutes of hell, which has a relatively high probability of ending in a 0-0 draw!
14) It can be on TV for up to 6 hours live and then an hour later we have an hour of highlights, and then the next morning there is a repeat of the highlights. I'm sure I've seen the highlights of the highlights show!
15) Racism & homophobia is rife on the pitch and in the stands.
16) The jingoistic obssession with the "English" Premiership and such pride in our top 4 teams, when in fact over 50% of the players are foreign. Such irony passes over most fans' heads
17) The amount it effects our economy when England fail to get past the quarter finals.
18) Those disgustingly shiny vinyl shirts and the fat red faced sweaty men who wear them.
19) Big screen TV's in otherwise pleasant pubs
20) The constant fucking drum beating and horn blowing during matches.
21) The constant sexist comments that it's a man's sport and the perpetual jokes about women never understanding the offside rule - it's not difficult. In fact I would guess more women understand it than most of the monkey's who shout at their TV screens every weekend.
22) The only sport I know where faking an injury is deemed acceptable behaviour

[b]I am being tongue in cheek before you get too heated! :wink:

well i asked :D and me i never get heated , each to their own
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:39 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Rodge wrote:

You're confident about next week then, hmm?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Rodge wrote:

You're confident about next week then, hmm?

Quietly confident but very nervous. :)
welshben23

Postby Agides » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Rodge wrote:
woggle wrote:whats bloody wrong with football :evil:

You asked?
Well here is a point made per player on the pitch.

1) The players are spoilt, overpaid, uneducated wimps.
2) Football in this country has a brutish, anti-intellectual culture which is different to football culture in many other countries. Here, it’s not the beautiful game, it's pig ugly.
3) Footballers, their wives and the hooligans who follow them, give Britain a bad name.
4) The constant obsession with the fact that we won in 1966 - that's over 40 years ago for crying out loud!
5) Money is everything. The focus is no longer on the game, but the money that can be made.
6) Nobody plays as part of a team, instead as self centered egoistic individuals wondering how much money they will make from the next transfer.
7) Football is taken far too seriously people get stabbed over football and it causes riots.
8) Somewhat depressing that the nearest we can get to any sense of national identity is the Eng-er-land chanting, car-flag-petrol-wasting.
9) The unpleasant brand of mass hysteria nationalism which erupts during the World cup/European Cup.
10) It takes up far more time in all of the media than is justified.
11) Footballing 'Role Models' dont do enough to help the cause. You only have to look at the media for your evidence of players fighting on the pitch & spitting at each other the list goes on. Don't get me wrong it's not all down to the players the FA and clubs are also to blame, they let players get away with murder!
12) The amount of money being conned out of families with young children due to the ever changing Premiership strips.
13) 90 minutes of hell, which has a relatively high probability of ending in a 0-0 draw!
14) It can be on TV for up to 6 hours live and then an hour later we have an hour of highlights, and then the next morning there is a repeat of the highlights. I'm sure I've seen the highlights of the highlights show!
15) Racism & homophobia is rife on the pitch and in the stands.
16) The jingoistic obssession with the "English" Premiership and such pride in our top 4 teams, when in fact over 50% of the players are foreign. Such irony passes over most fans' heads
17) The amount it effects our economy when England fail to get past the quarter finals.
18) Those disgustingly shiny vinyl shirts and the fat red faced sweaty men who wear them.
19) Big screen TV's in otherwise pleasant pubs
20) The constant fucking drum beating and horn blowing during matches.
21) The constant sexist comments that it's a man's sport and the perpetual jokes about women never understanding the offside rule - it's not difficult. In fact I would guess more women understand it than most of the monkey's who shout at their TV screens every weekend.22) The only sport I know where faking an injury is deemed acceptable behaviour

I am being tongue in cheek before you get too heated! :wink:

Darn straight we do, especially if it's been explained to us in terms of queuing to buy shoes!! :wink:
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:52 pm

welshben23 wrote:Quietly confident but very nervous. :)

Quiet. Yeah, that's you. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Grand Slam day?

I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:06 pm

love the matching outfits :D
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Grand Slam day?

An amazing pic :D She looks fantastically wonderful! :)
welshben23

Postby welshben23 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Rodge wrote:
welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Rodge wrote:

Someone will be eating their words next week!! Wales do have a massive home advantage, but getting that Grand Slam is always the hardest.

Do you want them grilled, fried or boiled?! :P :lol:
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:36 pm

welshben23 wrote:An amazing pic :D She looks fantastically wonderful! :)

Thanks Ben. :D I suppose you're ecstatically happy at the moment?! Hubby was so pleased that he jumped up, somehow headbutted the ceiling light, knocked about two year's worth of dust off of the bulb, and suddenly the room's all bright. :shock:
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
welshben23 wrote:An amazing pic :D She looks fantastically wonderful! :)

Thanks Ben. :D I suppose you're ecstatically happy at the moment?! Hubby was so pleased that he jumped up, somehow headbutted the ceiling light, knocked about two year's worth of dust off of the bulb, and suddenly the room's all bright. :shock:

:lol: That made me laugh so much, is he ok? He's got some serious drinking to be done. I am ecstatically happy yes. :)
welshben23

Postby woggle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:40 pm

ive only just heard about wales it kills me to say this but well done to em

dont get tooooooo drunk tonite benny
woggle

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Well deserved win today for Wales.

It's still highly embarassing for Northern Hemisphere rugby!!! :lol: I can't see South Africa quaking too much in their boots.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Grand Slam day?

Oh and by the way DG, how could you allow such child cruelty! You should be ashamed.
Rodge

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Rodge wrote:Oh and by the way DG, how could you allow such child cruelty! You should be ashamed.

Well, you just have to look at the expressions on both of their faces to know who's happiest about it. :lol:
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion