Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Six Nations - New Brooms sweep clean!!!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Rodge » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Nervosa wrote:HAPPY DAYS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Fantastic match (for us lot!) :D

Fantastic game, I have to say.
Yep after 4 hours of Rugby, I'm a little pissed, but even in this state, I can recognise an awesome display from a side that will come very close to challenging the All Blacks at the end of the year.
England were not bad, they did not play poorly. Strettle needs to stay in the side, he looks dangerous. Farrell needs to go. We need new blood in the second row. But the England team cannot be critisised too much, we just got beat by a superior side. Ireland were at their best. They remind me of England 4 years ago.
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:54 pm

Rob wrote:
Nervosa wrote:HAPPY DAYS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Fantastic match (for us lot!) :D

Fantastic game, I have to say.
Yep after 4 hours of Rugby, I'm a little pissed, but even in this state, I can recognise an awesome display from a side that will come very close to challenging the All Blacks at the end of the year.
England were not bad, they did not play poorly. Strettle needs to stay in the side, he looks dangerous. Farrell needs to go. We need new blood in the second row. But the England team cannot be critisised too much, we just got beat by a superior side. Ireland were at their best. They remind me of England 4 years ago.

I'm not praising Ireland as a team too much as I did notice messy play on quite a few occasions. But they did play very well, and I feel the better side won, which is not a biased observation at all. For a while I thought old Johnny was going to be the only one who put anything on the England scoredboard, but the rest of the team did improve as the match went on. The Irish try at the end from Boss reminded me of an identical last minuter that I scored in an important match.

As for Italy/Scotland, there was a turn up for the books :shock:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Well, congrats to Ireland. The first time they've ever passed the 30 point mark vs England, let alone the 40 point mark!!! :shock:

I noticed Andy Farrell making a few basic errors (including holding on to the ball on the ground - argh!! I used to get bollocked for that at school Andy!!) and Will Carling's come out today and blamed his lack of pace for the defeat which seems a little harsh but the media want scapegoats at a time like this unfortunately.

I wondered how Ireland would handle the pressure of being favourites, and I got my answer! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:49 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:.....and Will Carling's come out today and blamed his lack of pace for the defeat which seems a little harsh but the media want scapegoats at a time like this unfortunately.

It always cracks me up when they get advice from Carling, yes, he won 3 Grand Slams, he is the 3rd most successful England Rugby captain of the modern game, but basically he was a fairly mediocre player who was fat and slow (bit like Farrell ironically), and unfortunately I will always remember him as the guy who tried to shag Di in a gym??
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Ah well, It looks like the All Blacks for the World Cup Win. After this afternoon, I cannot see any home nation even reaching the semi's! :evil:
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:19 pm

Jesus, talk about lucky. That was Scotland's game without a doubt. I really wish there was more of an Ulster representation on the Ireland squad.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:33 pm

Nervosa wrote:Jesus, talk about lucky. That was Scotland's game without a doubt. I really wish there was more of an Ulster representation on the Ireland squad.

To be honest, the squad is World Class & should be able to win the World Cup. They may rely too heavily on Easterby & O'Connell up front, but they just lack discipline. Yes when it flows well, they play well, but when things are tough they tend to struggle. O'Driscoll is a world class player, but he should not be Captain. He is too immature and indisciplined himself. (I saw him throw a few punches today). This Irish team is as good as the England team in 2003. O'Gara can kick as well as Wilko, and the forwards although not quite as powerful are almost equally effective, and the 3/4's are awesome. They just need a Johnson type leader and they could go all the way. Maybe they should give the captaincy to O'Connell.
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:36 pm

Yeah I saw that too, but in all fairness tensions were running high and O'Driscol watched one of his team mates being shoved after the whistle, so it wasn't entirely unjustified. Still I agree, a captain should know better than that. As the ref said "He's to set an example."

I was impressed with Scotland's defence. The were on top form in the first half.
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Nervosa wrote:I was impressed with Scotland's defence. The were on top form in the first half.

To be fair, they have had plenty of practice. What Scotland lacked was confidence in their attacking play. A bit more confidence in the ability to pass the ball and they may well have scored at least one try if not two.
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:52 pm

Decent first half from England, but a few too many basic errors have been made for my liking.

Who knows though, we may end up sneaking this one?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:47 pm

FRENCH GRAND SLAM --- MY ARSE!! [:]DRINK[/:]

Cheers Boys!!!
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:25 pm

I missed the match. I was doing a two hour sit in a mental hospital with my great-grandmother, which I think would be preferable! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Nervosa wrote:I missed the match. I was doing a two hour sit in a mental hospital with my great-grandmother, which I think would be preferable! :lol:

I'm sorry, remind me how the Irish did against France!! :wink:
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Nervosa wrote:I missed the match. I was doing a two hour sit in a mental hospital with my great-grandmother, which I think would be preferable! :lol:

I knew I knew I knew I knew you were going to say that!!! As soon as I heard the result I knew it'd be "The French beat the Irish and we beat the French so...." :lol: :lol:
Nervosa

Postby Rodge » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:36 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Rob wrote:

I knew I knew I knew I knew you were going to say that!!! As soon as I heard the result I knew it'd be "The French beat the Irish and we beat the French so...." :lol: :lol:

Well in all seriousness though, that is true, we beat the Freanch, the French beat the Irish, and the Irish beat us. I love the Six Nations when there isn't a dominant side.
Believe it or not one weekend left to go and Italy could actually win the Championship. Highly unlikely, but not impossible!!
Rodge

Postby Nervosa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:38 pm

Rob wrote:Well in all seriousness though, that is true, we beat the Freanch, the French beat the Irish, and the Irish beat us. I love the Six Nations when there isn't a dominant side.
Believe it or not one weekend left to go and Italy could actually win the Championship. Highly unlikely, but not impossible!!

I maintain that the French beat us by pure fluke and nothing more :lol: I know, I can't believe Italy's run. It'd be weird if they won it, but I too think it's unlikely.
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:31 pm

Rob wrote:
Nervosa wrote:
Rob wrote:

Well in all seriousness though, that is true, we beat the Freanch, the French beat the Irish, and the Irish beat us. I love the Six Nations when there isn't a dominant side.

An Italy win would be bizzare. I'm pleased no team will do the Grand Slam this year, I was desperate from us to beat the French for that sole purpose! Nice to see some inventive attacking rugby from England and the French reduced to kicking their way to a total divisible by 3. I remember in Carling's day it was the other way around! Well done lads!!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:34 pm

Amazing. Ireland had the Six Nations in their hands and threw it away at the death - there's been an unfortunate habit of closing stages biting them on the arse this year.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:39 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Amazing. Ireland had the Six Nations in their hands and threw it away at the death - there's been an unfortunate habit of closing stages biting them on the arse this year.

Yes, incredible stuff. Commiserations Nervosa, Scotland weren't able to do you any favours in the end. France probably deserved to win overall and it's gratifying to know their only defeat was to England. Shame we couldn't finish off with a win against Wales, but overall I think progress has been made.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby dorianblue » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Amazing. Ireland had the Six Nations in their hands and threw it away at the death - there's been an unfortunate habit of closing stages biting them on the arse this year.

Tell me about it. Two last minute French tries - erk! We was robbed ... :wink:
dorianblue

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:14 pm

dorianblue wrote:

The good old Scots fought to the death to do their celtic brothers a favour... :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby dorianblue » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:22 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
dorianblue wrote:

The good old Scots fought to the death to do their celtic brothers a favour... :lol:

Yes, fair play to them. Maybe they were trying to make up for throttling poor O'Gara!

BTW, the Irish aren't Celts - that's a myth. :)
dorianblue

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:25 pm

dorianblue wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
dorianblue wrote:

Yes, fair play to them. Maybe they were trying to make up for throttling poor O'Gara!

I stand corrected. I get my information from Braveheart. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby dorianblue » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:23 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
dorianblue wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
dorianblue wrote:

I stand corrected. I get my information from Braveheart. :wink:

:D For the record, they didn't have digital watches in 13th century Scotland either. :wink:
dorianblue

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 pm

dorianblue wrote: :D For the record, they didn't have digital watches in 13th century Scotland either. :wink:

You're kidding! :lol:

That film was just damn, damn lies...
Mr Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion