Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Last Film You Watched

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm

:twisted: Watched Short Circuit 2 the other night.
Jo was in tears near the end when Johnny 5 was dying :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Watched Short Circuit 2 the other night.
Jo was in tears near the end when Johnny 5 was dying :lol:

I can't remember that one at all. I know i've seen it in the dim and distant past, but nothing's stuck from it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 am

The Amazing Spider-Man 8/10

Pretty good. I was a little worried about a complete re-boot of the series but this worked out well. I really liked that they showed more of Peter in school and I liked Gwyn's character a lot. The first Spider-Man movie is still my favorite of all the super hero movies but this one was definitely worth the watch.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The Amazing Spider-Man 8/10

Pretty good. I was a little worried about a complete re-boot of the series but this worked out well. I really liked that they showed more of Peter in school and I liked Gwyn's character a lot. The first Spider-Man movie is still my favorite of all the super hero movies but this one was definitely worth the watch.

This is pretty much my favourite film of the year. I saw it 4 times at the cinema... Andrew Garfield convinces far more than Tobey Maguire ever did in the role. Though I am biased.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:22 pm

I loved Toby's Spider-Man. Found him quite credible in the role. But then, I have no "special feelings" for Andrew Garfield. :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I loved Toby's Spider-Man. Found him quite credible in the role. But then, I have no "special feelings" for Andrew Garfield. :D

:lol: Oh, come on, never has skintight lycra been so sexy!

Anyways, last film I saw -

The Master 5/5
My review is here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-r ... AR39ZJDHFT
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby woggle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

This means war 4/5

Helps that all three leads are likeable or id never have any sympathy for a woman trying to decide between 2 very gd lookin guys .

Margin call 4.5/5

Love talky talky films like this , was a bit tooo much like glengarry [ which i only saw a week ago ] set in largly uninteresting rooms n such . Still very good film thou with a cracking cast .
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 am

For Love of the Game 8/10

A predictable but pretty good Kevin Costner baseball movie. Yeah I know, it's so out of Costner's wheelhouse to do a baseball movie! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:For Love of the Game 8/10

A predictable but pretty good Kevin Costner baseball movie. Yeah I know, it's so out of Costner's wheelhouse to do a baseball movie! :D

Talking of sporty movies [ haven't seen that one ^ ] i went to watch one on catch up tother day but it had run out of its play time wotsit so missed it , it was Miracle with Kurt Russell . Is it any good ? in other words worthy of getting the dvd ?
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 am

woggle wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:For Love of the Game 8/10

Talking of sporty movies [ haven't seen that one ^ ] i went to watch one on catch up tother day but it had run out of its play time wotsit so missed it , it was Miracle with Kurt Russell . Is it any good ? in other words worthy of getting the dvd ?

Haven't seen that one.
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:55 am

Cabin in the Woods: 4/5
Westworld: 4/5
Children of a Lesser God: 3/5
Windy City Heat: 3/5
Harper: 4/5
Carlito’s Way: 4/5
Tombstone: 5/5
The Drowning Pool: 4/5
The Lincoln Lawyer: 4/5
On the Waterfront: 5/5
Easy A: 4/5
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 am

Die Hard 9/10

Yippee ki-yay motherfucker!

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie. Still ridiculously crazy action!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm

:twisted: Watched a pretty decent supernatural thriller a few night ago called Skeleton Key.
Spoiler: show
All the pieces fit together remarkably well, apart from one minor thing.

The servants, Justify and Cecile, jumped into the bodies of the children of the house, but how, when, and why?

I'm guessing it was during the ritual that was being held in the attick when the adults turned up and carted the servants to be hung, but if I was planning to jump into the body of a child in a voodoo ritual I think i'd have chosen a time when the house wasn't so full of people :?
Saying that, it sort of worked in their favour as the children (in the servants bodies) were hung and burned which pretty much ended their chance to tell anyone what had happened to them.
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Watched a pretty decent supernatural thriller a few night ago called Skeleton Key.
All the pieces fit together remarkably well, apart from one minor thing.

The servants, Justify and Cecile, jumped into the bodies of the children of the house, but how, when, and why?

I'm guessing it was during the ritual that was being held in the attick when the adults turned up and carted the servants to be hung, but if I was planning to jump into the body of a child in a voodoo ritual I think i'd have chosen a time when the house wasn't so full of people :?
Saying that, it sort of worked in their favour as the children (in the servants bodies) were hung and burned which pretty much ended their chance to tell anyone what had happened to them.

Oh never seen that may keep an eye open for it .

20TH century boys 5/5

Brought it on a wim after seeing an review from a very old empire mag and it was bloody well good . Its from a magna comic apparently and apart from the film being slightly overlong i thought it was a wicked idea and can't wait to get the next one!

[ only prob is i brought the first film but the 2nd & 3rd is only avalible in a 1-3 boxset ...ah well ]
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 am

Safe: 3/5
Cruising: 3/5
The Merry Gentleman: 4/5
Friends with Benefits: 3/5
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: 4/5
The Lady From Shanghai: 5/5
The Racket: 2/5
My Week With Marilyn: 2/5
The Stunt Man: 4/5
Take Shelter: 5/5
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Safe: 3/5
Cruising: 3/5
The Merry Gentleman: 4/5
Friends with Benefits: 3/5
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: 4/5
The Lady From Shanghai: 5/5
The Racket: 2/5
My Week With Marilyn: 2/5
The Stunt Man: 4/5
Take Shelter: 5/5

I want to see both of those thou i am getting a bit bored of the stath dispite safe having a different sounding plot [ even thou i know art some point he must have to kick butt... again!]
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 pm

:twisted: *Note to self - Don't forget to have a good old rant about how crap the ending of The Daisy Chain was*.
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Demolition man 4/5

Caught it on the box last nite and forgot how much of a dumb fun sci-fi film it is , funny one -liners a decent villan and Sly's character having to put up with being trained as a semstress while in the cryotank hehe . An oldie but a goodie .
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: *Note to self - Don't forget to have a good old rant about how crap the ending of The Daisy Chain was*.

:twisted: ahhhhhhhhhhh, yes.
Wanted to wait till I had the appropriate time to spend on this :D

Unusual start to a rant, it was a pretty good film.
Tyhat's the problem.
It kept me engaged with the story all the way through, but the ending was complete and utter SHITE!

Believe me, you don't want to watch this, so i'm not going to even bother hiding anything in a spoiler box.

The story is this.
A couple arrive at their new hopuse in Ireland.
The bloke is originally from the area, and he's brought his (pregnant) wife back to where his roots are to make a new start (her last baby miscarried).

There's a young girl who lives in a nearby cottage.
She's a bit weird.
Cottage burns down, parents die.
Couple take in the kid.
Kid continues to get weirder. Shows some supernatural powers.
Locals think she's a changeling, a type of fairy.
Old dude tries to kill kid, he get's burned to death.
The bloke takes the kid back home.
Bloke tells social services to take the kid back.
The night before the kid goes back the bloke is working in his garage on a baby crib, the kid hungs the woman who starts to bleed from her tummy.
Guy runs back in the house, his wife is dead on the bathroom floor, the baby is lying in a toy cot (clean as a whistle, I might add) and tucked in under a warm blanket.
The guy looks a bit confused and walks out the room, the kid looks creepy and sings Rock A Bye Baby.

That was it.
There was no pay off. No explaination, no resolution, nothing.
It's like the writters ran out of ideas and thought "let's just put something that looks creepy on the screen and we'll call that the last scare".

It was rubbish.
I sat there right through the film fully engaged (although I did feel once ot twice that there was a full scene missing because some things seemed to have developed without any explaionation) and was quite drawn to the story.

There was obviously something supernatural about the kid (she made someone drive over a cliff by using their business card as some sort of voodoo doll and pushing it off the kitchen table, and she gave 3 kids meningitis without being affected herself) but they didn't go far enough with it.
The old dude came very close to killing her, but it was only a stroke of (bad) luck that he killed himself instead. There was no indication that she would have been able to save herself. Pretty piss poor for hell spawn being owned by Mr Filch from Harry Potter. :?
But still, that was acceptable.

What was not acceptable was the ending.
I don't mind stories having an open ending so the story can continue in the next film, but for Christ's sake close the fricking chapter.
Does the dad run screaming into the night, does he take the two kids are do a flit without waiting to explain his wife's death to anyone, does he try and kill her?

Jo said the writters wanted you to use your imagination, but dammit, if I watch a film I don't want to use my imagination, I want to use theirs.
If I want to use my own imagination i'd close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears and think of a story.
When I invest my interest in a story I expect a pay off.
This was very unsatisfying.

Avoid!
Forever Jung

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm

:twisted: *double post*
Last edited by Forever Jung on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Didn't you post the same thing twice??? Spooky,huh? :D

How did you like Unbreakable with Bruce willis? (I know it's an old one but I just saw it)
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Patrick wrote:Didn't you post the same thing twice??? Spooky,huh? :D

How did you like Unbreakable with Bruce willis? (I know it's an old one but I just saw it)

:twisted: It was some spooky Irish bitch who possessed my computer and make it post twice.
To find out what happened to the spooky Irish bitch, to me, my computer, and the forum, make the rest of the story up yourself :D :lol:

I've only seen a bit of Unbreakable.
Looked good from what I saw, but I think the fact I know that.........

SLJ is the bad guy

.......... is going to take a lot of the fun out of watching it.
I'm guessing there was a bit of a bummer ending?
It's the ending I saw but it was a long time ago.
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Patrick wrote:Didn't you post the same thing twice??? Spooky,huh? :D

:twisted: It was some spooky Irish bitch who possessed my computer and make it post twice.
To find out what happened to the spooky Irish bitch, to me, my computer, and the forum, make the rest of the story up yourself :D :lol:

I've only seen a bit of Unbreakable.
Looked good from what I saw, but I think the fact I know that.........

SLJ is the bad guy

.......... is going to take a lot of the fun out of watching it.
I'm guessing there was a bit of a bummer ending?
It's the ending I saw but it was a long time ago.

What I find a bit strange in that movie is the reaction of Bruce Willis '(his character) to the realization that he was sort of invulnerable and also incredibly strong ( the strongest man in the world apparently) and yet the news seems to depress him to no end as if a doctor had told him that he has terminal cancer. I find that hard to believe. I know I am not unbreakable but If I were that would make ME very happy. :wink:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm

:twisted: I think it'd be a bit scary to find that you are different from everyone else, even in a good way. Like you are not human, not what you thought you were.
After a while you might get used to the idea, but I think it's be a bit worrying at first.
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: I think it'd be a bit scary to find that you are different from everyone else, even in a good way. Like you are not human, not what you thought you were.
After a while you might get used to the idea, but I think it's be a bit worrying at first.

Bruce Willis character is quite bizarre though, a sad sack as Lorna Lindley would say, I don't think he ever cracks a smile during the whole movie. Plus I don't buy that it would have taken him so long to realize that he's never been sick in his entire life (not even the sniffles). I mean please! People usually know when there's something they never did once in their life, don't they?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion