Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Dear Diary

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks both! :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:At long last, I have a counselling appointment tomorrow! It's ridiculous, I've been waiting since July. I could get by without it now, but it will undoubtedly be helpful to some extent, so I'm going to go. Maybe someone else can make sense of all the various weird threads of my life at the moment, because I'm not sure I can! :lol:

:twisted: Hope all went well.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Yes, it went well, thank you. She's very nice, and easy to talk to - much easier than the Counsellor I saw a couple of years ago. I poured everything out in no particular order, and she somehow made sense of it all. :lol:

I learnt a few things about myself too - I didn't realise how important my job is to me until I talked about it today. It's a big part of my identity, I think.

How are you now, FJ? Feeling better?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 pm

:twisted: Glad to hear it went well 8-)

Well apart from the attack yesterday afternoon, i'm fine :lol:
It only lasted half an hour, and it wasn't the most painful one i've ever had (although it did have it's moments).

Hopefully the docs can find some way of putting a stop to them when I go back for more tests.
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Just found out that my sister's going to have to have a hip replacement. She's only 27! She also has a massive phobia of staying in hospital. :? We have arthritis, joint hypermobility and all sorts of things in the family, unfortunately.
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Just found out that my sister's going to have to have a hip replacement. She's only 27! She also has a massive phobia of staying in hospital. :? We have arthritis, joint hypermobility and all sorts of things in the family, unfortunately.

:twisted: Christ, that's young for a hip replacement. :shock:
Hope her hospital stay won't be too long and she up and mended soon.
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Sorry to hear that, DG. It is a young age. Does that mean she'll need them at intervals in the future? They tend to have a limited lifespan, don't they?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Just found out that my sister's going to have to have a hip replacement. She's only 27! She also has a massive phobia of staying in hospital. :? We have arthritis, joint hypermobility and all sorts of things in the family, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that DG. Does she know how long she'll have to be in for? Here's hoping it's not for long and she's back on the mend very soon!
!Amz!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Bummer. That is young for a joint replacement.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Ta guys. She only found out about it this morning, so we don't know any details yet, or when it will be. Yes, I think she'll have to have it replaced several times more in the future.
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:46 pm

just seen this, hope your sister is OK
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Ta Kat. I don't think it was too much of a surprise to her, sadly, so hopefully she'll get used to the idea soon.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Aw, just found out that a person I knew on another forum died last week. :( He was the one with the highest post count on the forum (a photography site) and although I never met him in person, I felt like I knew him quite well. He'll definitely be missed. :| It's weird how it's possible to become close to people you only ever speak to online!
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm

:twisted: Sorry to hear about your friends DG :sad:
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Ta FJ! I never knew him as well as I know some of you guys, but it's weird when you're part of a little community and one of the main people disappears. :scratch:
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Aw, just found out that a person I knew on another forum died last week. :( He was the one with the highest post count on the forum (a photography site) and although I never met him in person, I felt like I knew him quite well. He'll definitely be missed. :| It's weird how it's possible to become close to people you only ever speak to online!

that's awful DG
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 pm

What scares me is that people come and go from this site all the time, and if one of us regulars disappeared, we'd possibly never know if anything had happened to them. Of course, most of us are on FB, but not all. :?
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Aw, just found out that a person I knew on another forum died last week. :( He was the one with the highest post count on the forum (a photography site) and although I never met him in person, I felt like I knew him quite well. He'll definitely be missed. :| It's weird how it's possible to become close to people you only ever speak to online!

:cry: Sorry to hear that DG.

It is odd. I first started posting online right after 9/11. One of the guys who posted on there was fairly right wing and we would "argue" back and forth a lot but it was always in a good natured way and there was always a tone of humor to it. He passed away a few years later and I remember feeling really sad even though I had never actually met him in person. (in fact I never even knew his real name, I only knew him as "Speedy" :lol: )
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Sorry to hear that :(
Like you said, it's weird how close you get to people you only speak to online but you do begin to feel you know them really well.
!Amz!

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Sorry to hear that, DG.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Also sorry to hear that, DG. What a pity. Never know what's happened to some people i know/knew, purely from the online world, who just suddenly stop posting at some places.

The internet nowadays can become a little museum to anybody's lives. I guess your friend's work will stay around on various sites until those sites ever go offline.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Also sorry to hear that, DG. What a pity. Never know what's happened to some people i know/knew, purely from the online world, who just suddenly stop posting at some places.

The internet nowadays can become a little museum to anybody's lives. I guess your friend's work will stay around on various sites until those sites ever go offline.

Absolutely! His photos are still in his online gallery, and he's worked as a professional photographer for years, so his work crops up all over the place.

I wonder about people who used to post here sometimes. Nervosa, for instance - haven't been in touch with him for a couple of years. Wonder how he's getting on?
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Nervosa posted an "update" on his life a year or so ago. I believe he had gone through some tough spots but was working on coming out of it.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Nervosa posted an "update" on his life a year or so ago. I believe he had gone through some tough spots but was working on coming out of it.

Yes, I remember that. Was it only a year ago?

We used to PM sometimes, in fact I used to PM pretty much everybody. :lol: Now my inbox is perpetually empty. :cry:

(Actually, that's not true, but I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight, so I'm digging for some sympathy. ;) )
Dorset Girl

Postby Lil » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Your poor sister! I'm so sorry to hear that.
Lil

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion