Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Dear Diary

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 am

Not a bad day at all. Bright and sunny journey for a late morning meeting, decent lunch in a hotel and then some mates round for the game with ales. Best of all, no diary dates for tomorrow!! A complete day off with just the morning to do on Friday.
Good times. :)
cassius

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Hope you're enjoying your day off!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Hope you're enjoying your day off!

A great day, thanks! Off into town soon for a curry and a pint.
:D

cassius
cassius

Postby cassius » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Note to self: When I get round to having children I must enrol them into Scottish education and universities as they will qualify virtually debt free.

ca$$iu$
Last edited by cassius on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassius

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 pm

cassius wrote:Note to self: When I get round to having children, I must enrol them into Scottish education and universities as they will qualify virtually debt free.

ca$$iu$

This tuition fees business is ridiculous. It's benefitting the Welsh Uni I work at, though. There's been an increase in Welsh students enrolling there over the past few years anyway, and I bet the applications from local students will leap up even higher in the future.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Ugh, I feel odd(er than usual) tonight. My head's all fuzzy and I can't think straight. Also, my eyes have been stinging and sore for about two weeks now, and they seem to be getting worse. Weird.
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 pm

cassius wrote:Note to self: When I get round to having children, I must enrol them into Scottish education and universities as they will qualify virtually debt free.

ca$$iu$

Plus they can hit on Scottish chicks (if you have boys).
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Ugh, I feel odd(er than usual) tonight. My head's all fuzzy and I can't think straight. Also, my eyes have been stinging and sore for about two weeks now, and they seem to be getting worse. Weird.

Oh dear - hope you're not coming down with a virus. Never nice at the best of times but especially near Christmas.

Right now my nose won't stop bleeding. I'm sat here typing with blood dripping into a hankie below. Very nice image I'm sure :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Oh dear - hope you're not coming down with a virus. Never nice at the best of times but especially near Christmas.

Keren has tonsilitus, and a weird, unidentified rash, so perhaps I've got something related to that, I'm not sure.

Right now my nose won't stop bleeding. I'm sat here typing with blood dripping into a hankie below. Very nice image I'm sure :lol:

That happens to my dad a lot around this time of the year - he reckons it's to do with coming in from the cold to a centrally heated house, where the air is very dry.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Spent this morning at Southampton Uni, talking with a fellow assessor in their Student Services department. Even though it was work-related and on a Saturday, I really enjoyed it. It's interesting to see the different ways that they do things. I'm also pleased that I managed to easily find my way there using public transport, even though I didn't really have a clue where I was going! I think I might apply to be a freelance assessor there. Much as I love Swansea, Southampton's 140 miles closer to home. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Spent this morning at Southampton Uni, talking with a fellow assessor in their Student Services department. Even though it was work-related and on a Saturday, I really enjoyed it. It's interesting to see the different ways that they do things. I'm also pleased that I managed to easily find my way there using public transport, even though I didn't really have a clue where I was going! I think I might apply to be a freelance assessor there. Much as I love Swansea, Southampton's 140 miles closer to home. :)

It's also much easier to get around with a lot less flaming traffic lights and the shopping centre is a lot bigger. :)
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

welshben23 wrote:It's also much easier to get around with a lot less flaming traffic lights and the shopping centre is a lot bigger. :)

:lol: Swansea definitely has more than its fair share of traffic lights!

Have you been into the city centre since the new 'travel interchange' has opened, Ben? It's very snazzy - like an airport departures lounge. Even people who never use public transport are commenting on how it's changed the atmosphere around the Quadrant. I'm impressed!
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
welshben23 wrote:It's also much easier to get around with a lot less flaming traffic lights and the shopping centre is a lot bigger. :)

:lol: Swansea definitely has more than its fair share of traffic lights!

Have you been into the city centre since the new 'travel interchange' has opened, Ben? It's very snazzy - like an airport departures lounge. Even people who never use public transport are commenting on how it's changed the atmosphere around the Quadrant. I'm impressed!

:) Yes, we went to Swansea last Tuesday, the day after it opened. I'm impressed too, it's certainly a lot better than the cold, smelly horrible Quadrant.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 am

i just noticed on Play that Star Wars has finally been pencilled in for a September 26th release date on Blu-Ray. I may well be tempted in by that, judging from some of the extras being mentioned in other places. I just hope they've spent some of this time remastering the theatrical release versions so we can watch either version of the original trilogy in spangly high quality format.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 am

Moon-Crane wrote:i just noticed on Play that Star Wars has finally been pencilled in for a September 26th release date on Blu-Ray. I may well be tempted in by that, judging from some of the extras being mentioned in other places. I just hope they've spent some of this time remastering the theatrical release versions so we can watch either version of the original trilogy in spangly high quality format.

I think Lucas may well be just bothering with his 90s' 'Special Edition' prints which seem to have replaced the original theatrical versions. Did you notice that even after he'd tinkered with the 'Special Editions' of the original trilogy he replaced Anakin at the end of ROTJ with a shimmering Hayden Christensen :roll: I've no idea about this but I wouldn't be surprised if he's re-jigging them again for a 3D release at some point in the future.

He's totally ignoring the nostalgia value of all the original crappy effects to people like you and me! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:i just noticed on Play that Star Wars has finally been pencilled in for a September 26th release date on Blu-Ray. I may well be tempted in by that, judging from some of the extras being mentioned in other places. I just hope they've spent some of this time remastering the theatrical release versions so we can watch either version of the original trilogy in spangly high quality format.

I think Lucas may well be just bothering with his 90s' 'Special Edition' prints which seem to have replaced the original theatrical versions. Did you notice that even after he'd tinkered with the 'Special Editions' of the original trilogy he replaced Anakin at the end of ROTJ with a shimmering Hayden Christensen :roll: I've no idea about this but I wouldn't be surprised if he's re-jigging them again for a 3D release at some point in the future.

He's totally ignoring the nostalgia value of all the original crappy effects to people like you and me! :lol:

Ah yes, i'm certain there'll be further updates. Yoda will probably be re-rendered for The Phantom Menace; they may have another go at the Jabba scene that was added in to A New Hope, and there'll be lots of nips and tucks elsewhere. I'm hoping they can give us a clean up to the original theatrical version so you have remastered versions of either version, like the option is there between the different versions of the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind release. I bought the DVDs that included the original release versions a few years back but they hadn't done anything to tidy them up. Just a clean up and remaster would do for the theatrical ones - don't need all the recreated FX added :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Hubby's just picked Keren up, she's going to stay at his house for the night. It's only the third time since he left that she's done that, and the other times it ended in him bringing her home early because he couldn't cope. Maybe it'll be third time lucky. I'm feeling strangely uncomfortable about it - at least hubby had the decency to leave his girlfriend in the car instead of bringing her in for once, though.
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Hubby's just picked Keren up, she's going to stay at his house for the night. It's only the third time since he left that she's done that, and the other times it ended in him bringing her home early because he couldn't cope. Maybe it'll be third time lucky. I'm feeling strangely uncomfortable about it - at least hubby had the decency to leave his girlfriend in the car instead of bringing her in for once, though.

Good luck with that. I expect you won't sleep tonight - I wouldn't put it past Rob to bring her back screaming at 03:00am.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Good luck DG. I sure hope he keeps her over night. He really needs to learn how to deal with his own child.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks both. I spoke to her on the phone at about 9pm, to say goodnight. I think she seemed okay, she certainly wasn't crying, anyway, so that's a relief. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 am

Good news indeed. Long may it last.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:14 pm

At long last, I have a counselling appointment tomorrow! It's ridiculous, I've been waiting since July. I could get by without it now, but it will undoubtedly be helpful to some extent, so I'm going to go. Maybe someone else can make sense of all the various weird threads of my life at the moment, because I'm not sure I can! :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:At long last, I have a counselling appointment tomorrow! It's ridiculous, I've been waiting since July. I could get by without it now, but it will undoubtedly be helpful to some extent, so I'm going to go. Maybe someone else can make sense of all the various weird threads of my life at the moment, because I'm not sure I can! :lol:

Good news :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:At long last, I have a counselling appointment tomorrow! It's ridiculous, I've been waiting since July. I could get by without it now, but it will undoubtedly be helpful to some extent, so I'm going to go. Maybe someone else can make sense of all the various weird threads of my life at the moment, because I'm not sure I can! :lol:

YAY!! I am pleased for you!! Hope it does you good, I am sure it will! :D
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Lil » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 am

Good luck with everything!
Lil

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion