Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:04 am

Wezzo wrote:That is a prime example of why alcohol should be made available and accepted by parents at mealtimes with the family. That way, any connotations of it being something daring to try go out the window.

Well, my parents do drink themselves - there have been many times when they've had a glass of wine with a meal. I don't think they like the idea of my sister drinking quite yet, though.

They weren't rum bottles. Thanks for the advice, Nervosa. It's too late for me to ring her now and tell her, but hopefully I'll get a chance in the morning.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:41 pm

Well, how'd it go with your sister, BGF?
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 pm

My parents went to pick her up from her friend's house, and I hadn't told her at that point. She arrived back on her own (my parents had stopped off at a garden centre) and I asked her if they'd mentioned finding the bottles. She said they hadn't, so I told her what happened. It seems that the bottles didn't belong to her, but belonged to a friend of hers, who left them with her because she didn't want to go home with them and have her parents see them.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:02 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:It seems that the bottles didn't belong to her, but belonged to a friend of hers, who left them with her because she didn't want to go home with them and have her parents see them.

The oldest excuse in the book :wink:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:12 am

Nervosa wrote:The oldest excuse in the book :wink:

But this time it's true.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:14 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Nervosa wrote:The oldest excuse in the book :wink:

But this time it's true.

If she's never done anything like that before, she maybe feels guilty and ashamed at having been caught by her parents. So she may be just trying to save face. But obviously I don't know anything about it, I'm just speaking hypathetically.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:16 am

Well, I guess it's possible that she's lying, but I thought she was telling the truth. Nothing has happened, anyhow, so I assume Mum and Dad believe her.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:17 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Well, I guess it's possible that she's lying, but I thought she was telling the truth. Nothing has happened, anyhow, so I assume Mum and Dad believe her.

All's well that ends well!
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:19 am

Nervosa wrote:All's well that ends well!

That's a Shakespeare play. :)

I read a list of terms and phrases that he used in his plays, and a lot of them are still used to day. It just goes to show how he really made his mark on the English language.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:21 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Nervosa wrote:All's well that ends well!

That's a Shakespeare play. :)

I read a list of terms and phrases that he used in his plays, and a lot of them are still used to day. It just goes to show how he really made his mark on the English language.

I know what you mean. I once read an entire poster of Shakespearian quotes still used today. I was amazed at how many he penned and are still in use. "Death warmed up" for one.

What other ones, BGF?
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:23 am

Oh, I can't remember. They were on a poster in my English classroom at school. I can't think of what they were now, just that there were a lot.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:They were on a poster in my English classroom at school.

Snap!
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am

Nervosa wrote:Snap!

Do you mean by that, that that's where you read them? On a poster in your class at school?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:41 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Do you mean by that, that that's where you read them? On a poster in your class at school?

Yes. It was about 3 years ago though, that's why I can't remember any other verses/sayings.
Nervosa

Postby Stratman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:18 am

Nervosa wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Yes. It was about 3 years ago though, that's why I can't remember any other verses/sayings.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

I wish I paid more attention to the bard when I was in school...
Stratman

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:30 pm

Is there any fitness freaks among the members here? I've got less than two months to get in shape. I'm eating healthily, going for at least a mile run every morning and doing a weight work-out each night. Does anyone have any other advice? I'm not drastically unfit or overweight (I'm 6 foot 1 and not even quite 11 stone), but I need to get in very good physical condition quickly.
Nervosa

Postby Stratman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:40 pm

Nervosa wrote:Is there any fitness freaks among the members here? I've got less than two months to get in shape. I'm eating healthily, going for at least a mile run every morning and doing a weight work-out each night. Does anyone have any other advice? I'm not drastically unfit or overweight (I'm 6 foot 1 and not even quite 11 stone), but I need to get in very good physical condition quickly.

I run 3 miles, 3 times a week. That seems to work well for me.
Stratman

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Stratman wrote:
Nervosa wrote:Is there any fitness freaks among the members here? I've got less than two months to get in shape. I'm eating healthily, going for at least a mile run every morning and doing a weight work-out each night. Does anyone have any other advice? I'm not drastically unfit or overweight (I'm 6 foot 1 and not even quite 11 stone), but I need to get in very good physical condition quickly.

Do you know if there is any particular time of the day where this would be of optimum benefit? I have it in my head that the earlier in the day, the better it is.
Nervosa

Postby Stratman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:12 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Stratman wrote:

Do you know if there is any particular time of the day where this would be of optimum benefit? I have it in my head that the earlier in the day, the better it is.

I think earlier may be better, but I go at night.
Stratman

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:20 pm

With the time changes here, it gets dark at around 4:30 from now on. And only gets light at about 7:30/8. So with school starting back tomorow, I'm gonna be running in the dark no matter what time of day :roll:
Nervosa

Postby Nervosa » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:51 pm

In my hometown, there has been some new expensive apartments built. They look very smart and have a stunning view of the adjacent park and river. Last night, they went up in flames. The fire started at around 4pm yesterday, and this morning, there's still firemen trying to get it under control. I stood and watched for about an hour last night. It's quite a sight to behold when you're standing 20 metres away from a 3 storey building ingolfed in flames. I don't think arson is suspected though. I just feel sorry for the people that were literally about to move into the apartment block...it'd only finished being built about a week ago.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 pm

I have been possessed by a goldfish.

Help!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:56 pm

Not a lot to report from me. No-one's on the forum, so thought I'd post something random on this thread. Hmmmmm. Well the exercising is going really well. I'm eating really healthily. I go to the gym every other day and on the days I'm not there, it's a 7am start and I drive down to the park for a two mile run.

There's a little snippit from me.
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:18 pm

Today I received a conditional offer from my first choice University. Much bouncing and screaming ensued.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Today I received a conditional offer from my first choice University. Much bouncing and screaming ensued.

Are you doing medicine by any chance? I still haven't even finished my UCAS form :oops:

Oh crap, I'm meant to hand in a final draft tomorrow. (I'm seriously not joking, I just remembered there now)
Nervosa

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion