Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Dear Diary

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Weird day. The first thing that happened this morning is that I got a message from someone I used to go to school with asking if I'd be happy to take nude photos of her?!

Met hubby this morning - we sat in the middle of a field (well, it was as good a place as any :lol:) and had a long talk, then he took our daughter out to the playground. We're making our split official now - organising child maintenance money, etc., which in one way is horrible, but in another way means that we can start to move on. Thankfully it's all still friendly, and we're going to do everything we can to keep it that way.

I assume you'll be posting these on the snapshots thread :wink:
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Stratman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:All is good on planet Wezzo, as the Facebook contingent among us will be aware. We are still lovebirds, hehe, yeah.

After a terrible start to last year, which mansome of you know about, and a slow second half only improved by meeting Choni, this year's been a lot better. I got an IT job recently, which involves writing articles, using forums and social networking sites, etc, so pretty good stuff. Choni and I are discussing moving in together, getting engaged, etc. Things are looking up. Guess the good had to finally come after last year's bad. :)

Top banana mate. Nice to have some positive personal news to read :)

Good stuff!

As an aside, I'm posting this during a lunch break. God how I missed them.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 am

Stratman wrote:As an aside, I'm posting this during a lunch break. God how I missed them.

Good to hear about your job news as well Strat. I take it things are going well? Whatever you're doing it can't be more sweat-inducing than working in a bakery. I bet you're taking your portable DVD player to work again, right? :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Bollocks, I fucked things up well and truly tonight! Keren started having her now nightly tantrum at about eight o'clock, and by 8.30, I knew it was going to be a really bad one. She wanted her daddy to put her to bed, and she wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. I know it's important for her not to get used to the fact that daddy can pop over and see her whenever she likes, but it's breaking my heart to see her so upset every night. She's inconsolable - kicking, crying, getting short of breath... so I made mistake no. 1 - I thought carefully about it (obviously not carefully enough though), and phoned hubby. That's the first time since he left that he's come over to see her at bedtime, and I certainly don't intend it to be a regular thing.

He didn't mind coming over, but when he got here and I explained that she really was distressed and needed some comfort, he seemed quite dismissive, saying he didn't know what he could do about it. Obviously I don't expect him to be at our beck and call, and to come over regularly, but since he was here anyway, I was hoping he'd take her to bed and try to settle her - but he only wanted to spend ten minutes here and then go home. Fair enough, but it's hard to be rational when I know I've got another bad night with Keren ahead of me.

That was when I made fuckup no. 2, and let him see that I was upset. I really did not want that to happen, if anything's going to drive him away for good, it's a whining, needy wife! I am kicking myself for crying and making a fuss, it undid all the good that was done by spending a nice day together yesterday.

So from now on, I'm making a solemn vow to myself that no matter how I feel, he is not going to see any negative emotion from me. The only exception I'll make is if it gets to the stage where I don't want him to come back - if I'm absolutely and totally sure I've made that decision, and I've given myself time to get used to the idea, then I'll burn my bridges and tell him it's over. I'm still very, very much hoping that it won't come to that, and that we can mend our broken relationship though.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:57 pm

To be honest DG, I think you were right to be upset and I think he needs to see that him not spending time with his daughter upsets you. He was there. She wanted her daddy and he should have tried to get her to sleep.

So I'd agree that you probably shouldn't have called him over in the first place (but frustration can make people do dumb shit) but fuckup #2 wasn't a fuckup in my book!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:To be honest DG, I think you were right to be upset and I think he needs to see that him not spending time with his daughter upsets you. He was there. She wanted her daddy and he should have tried to get her to sleep.

So I'd agree that you probably shouldn't have called him over in the first place (but frustration can make people do dumb shit) but fuckup #2 wasn't a fuckup in my book!

Thanks Cat. I actually thought that fuckup no. 2 was the worst of the two, but I see what you mean.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Bollocks, I fucked things up well and truly tonight! Keren started having her now nightly tantrum at about eight o'clock, and by 8.30, I knew it was going to be a really bad one. She wanted her daddy to put her to bed, and she wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. I know it's important for her not to get used to the fact that daddy can pop over and see her whenever she likes, but it's breaking my heart to see her so upset every night. She's inconsolable - kicking, crying, getting short of breath... so I made mistake no. 1 - I thought carefully about it (obviously not carefully enough though), and phoned hubby. That's the first time since he left that he's come over to see her at bedtime, and I certainly don't intend it to be a regular thing.

He didn't mind coming over, but when he got here and I explained that she really was distressed and needed some comfort, he seemed quite dismissive, saying he didn't know what he could do about it. Obviously I don't expect him to be at our beck and call, and to come over regularly, but since he was here anyway, I was hoping he'd take her to bed and try to settle her - but he only wanted to spend ten minutes here and then go home. Fair enough, but it's hard to be rational when I know I've got another bad night with Keren ahead of me.

That was when I made fuckup no. 2, and let him see that I was upset. I really did not want that to happen, if anything's going to drive him away for good, it's a whining, needy wife! I am kicking myself for crying and making a fuss, it undid all the good that was done by spending a nice day together yesterday.

So from now on, I'm making a solemn vow to myself that no matter how I feel, he is not going to see any negative emotion from me. The only exception I'll make is if it gets to the stage where I don't want him to come back - if I'm absolutely and totally sure I've made that decision, and I've given myself time to get used to the idea, then I'll burn my bridges and tell him it's over. I'm still very, very much hoping that it won't come to that, and that we can mend our broken relationship though.

Ah right, I get your post on the other thread now. :( It was bound to happen at some point. If you've got an inconsolable child crying their eyes out for something it's only natural to try and give them what they want. I don't blame you for getting upset either - it was an upsetting situation. You have my sympathies, this must be really tough on all of you.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 am

As Cat mentioned, the best thing might have been to avoid was asking him to come over - which, as you say, is easier said than done. But, i'd have thought he showed up for your daughter? Don't really understand why he turned up if it wasn't to help settle her down. Makes sense you would get to the second point. Don't see that as a particular failing on your part.

If nothing else, it probably showed there's no point asking him to come over whenever Keren's upset at night, and you'll have to try to put up with the tantrums for a few days, or whatever, until she gets used to it. I imagine the tantrums would carry on for longer if hubby occasionally turned up and did come to settle her down?

Irrespective of the situation between yourselves, he's got to accept there's your little girl to consider in every decision. She's not going to be able to rationalise the changes.

I wish i could offer more than sympathy. I hope things can get to a better place as quickly as possible.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks BS and MC. Yes, MC, you're right - I won't be asking him to come over again specifically to help settle her down. I'm surprised how much my feelings have changed in just a week, actually. Things seem to progress daily, and hopefully Keren will get used to the idea soon too.
Dorset Girl

Postby Stratman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Stratman wrote:As an aside, I'm posting this during a lunch break. God how I missed them.

Good to hear about your job news as well Strat. I take it things are going well? Whatever you're doing it can't be more sweat-inducing than working in a bakery. I bet you're taking your portable DVD player to work again, right? :wink:

There's a television in the lunchroom that plays such hits as Seinfeld. Outstanding. One of the best perk of the job is staff travel, in six months I'll be paying just 10 percent of a standard fare.

As an aside, a British workmate of mine who started at the same time as me was saying that you guys think a heatwave is 30 degrees. Found that funny as hell. :D
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:11 pm

As an aside, a British workmate of mine who started at the same time as me was saying that you guys think a heatwave is 30 degrees. Found that funny as hell. :D

30 degrees is fucking cold for me! Of course, for me that's in fahrenheit! :lol:

30C isn't a heatwave though. That's just about the right temp as far as I'm concerned.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stratman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

30 degrees is fucking cold for me! Of course, for me that's in fahrenheit! :lol:

30C isn't a heatwave though. That's just about the right temp as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, it's a fairly nice temp, I agree. Today was a bit cold and wet though, and being a new recruit, we didn't have out wet weather gear. Funnily enough though, all the work clothing we've requisitioned is just sitting in the Qantas store room but we can't touch it. Such is the price of working for a company with over thirty thousand employees.
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

It's winter for you right now isn't it?
CatNamedRudy

Postby 5HR1NK » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Yeah it's Winter over here. Stupidly heavy wind outside at the moment. If I had crops, I'd be worried about them.

But I don't, so I guess it's a moot point.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby Lil » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:02 pm

DG, I'm so sorry to hear that happened. Hope that everything sorts itself out soon.
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Ta Lil, thanks for your PM too.

Forgive me for this next self-pitying paragraph... but life is really hard sometimes. Obviously, everyone has good and bad times, but lately, the bad moments have seemed to outweigh the good ones. I know we shouldn't wish our lives away, but sometimes I wish life had a fast forward button. I'm not good at being patient... I want to know whether in six months' time, I'm going to be happily living with hubby again, or going through a divorce! Despite having met with hubby several times in the past two weeks, I really have no clue as to what he wants. :(

Sorry, I know I'm being a whining cow, I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight! I miss him. :cry:
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Ta Lil, thanks for your PM too.

Forgive me for this next self-pitying paragraph... but life is really hard sometimes. Obviously, everyone has good and bad times, but lately, the bad moments have seemed to outweigh the good ones. I know we shouldn't wish our lives away, but sometimes I wish life had a fast forward button. I'm not good at being patient... I want to know whether in six months' time, I'm going to be happily living with hubby again, or going through a divorce! Despite having met with hubby several times in the past two weeks, I really have no clue as to what he wants. :(

Sorry, I know I'm being a whining cow, I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight! I miss him. :cry:

You have every right to feel sorry for yourself DG - you're in a really tough situation. I know many of the problems built up because hubby wasn't able to express what he was feeling - I'm afraid that's unlikely to change now he's living elsewhere. I always thought it was women who tended to say one thing but mean another - looks like both sexes can be as bad as each other.

I hope you find out soon one way or another - it must be torture for you at the moment.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Lil » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am

DG ... you're certainly not a whining cow! You're expressing your feelings, which are hurt right now. And you will get through it, because you're a strong person. BIG hugs to you.
Lil

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 am

Stratman wrote:As an aside, a British workmate of mine who started at the same time as me was saying that you guys think a heatwave is 30 degrees. Found that funny as hell. :D

hehe, i know, it's all relative, like when we hear you guys thinking it's practically the ice age if it drops below 15C.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:27 am

Lil wrote:DG ... you're certainly not a whining cow! You're expressing your feelings, which are hurt right now. And you will get through it, because you're a strong person. BIG hugs to you.

Thanks BS and Lil.

Things are getting worse this morning, and starting to turn nasty between hubby and I. This isn't a cry for attention, just a factual statement - if it weren't for Keren, I'd certainly be on my way to throw myself off Beachy Head cliff right now. As it is, I'm in no danger at all of doing such a thing - she's my priority, and she needs her mum.
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:To be honest DG, I think you were right to be upset and I think he needs to see that him not spending time with his daughter upsets you. He was there. She wanted her daddy and he should have tried to get her to sleep.

I agree. I think you're going through hell and could use a lot more support than you're getting, DG.

I'm awesome with kids and wish I could drop in and lend a hand.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Thank you. Yes, in all honesty, I deserately need support - but I don't want to inconvenience anyone. Sounds silly, but it's true. My nonsensical rants and drama queen posts on here are about as much as I feel I can get away with, without turning everyone against me for thinking I'm just attention seeking. :lol:

But yes, I'm really struggling with this. I can talk things through with counsellors, the Samaritans, doctors, whatever... but actually letting friends and family physically see my emotions is something I can't do - and the thought of actually crying in front of anyone I know fills me with horror!
Dorset Girl

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:But yes, I'm really struggling with this. I can talk things through with counsellors, the Samaritans, doctors, whatever... but actually letting friends and family physically see my emotions is something I can't do - and the thought of actually crying in front of anyone I know fills me with horror!

I hate crying in front of people that I know, although I've been forced to do so on occasion. I'm sorry about what you are going through at the moment. I hope that the situation will turn around, but if you're feeling really low at the moment, have you considered talking to your doctor about prescribing you some anti-depressants?

I've had quite a good day at Oxfam today. Max (Asperger's Max) was in this afternoon and it's always interesting to see him and Roger interact. Max is himself and Roger is himself and the ensuing scene makes for interesting viewing. I do really like Max's way with words, he's so verbose, but being a lover of big words, this impresses me rather than alienates me. To give you an idea of the way he speaks, here's an email he sent me yesterday:

"Testing, testing - one ..two ...three .. four; and standing by for possible communication of now long-awaited examples of your poetic talents - accommodating hopefully, of my puritanical ideals, and thus omitting any tendancy toward explicit vulgarity - please."

So yes, there are some very interesting people there sometimes and it's fun to both observe them and interact with them.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Went out to the pub last night with someone I knew at school - haven't actually seen her since then, although she only lives about a hundred yards away from me! I've been in touch with her on Facebook, and noticed from her status updates that she split up with her partner about the same time my hubby left me. So I suggested we go out for a chat, and she agreed!

Although she wasn't married to her bloke, or living with him, she's been with him for about three years. Two days ago, she found out that she's 24 weeks pregnant, and the baby's due in November! She's taken the news remarkably well, but her ex doesn't want to know - he says he can't deal with it because he's too young to have kids (he's 34!). Luckily, she has a supportive family, so hopefully things will be okay for her.
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Went out to the pub last night with someone I knew at school - haven't actually seen her since then, although she only lives about a hundred yards away from me! I've been in touch with her on Facebook, and noticed from her status updates that she split up with her partner about the same time my hubby left me. So I suggested we go out for a chat, and she agreed!

Although she wasn't married to her bloke, or living with him, she's been with him for about three years. Two days ago, she found out that she's 24 weeks pregnant, and the baby's due in November! She's taken the news remarkably well, but her ex doesn't want to know - he says he can't deal with it because he's too young to have kids (he's 34!). Luckily, she has a supportive family, so hopefully things will be okay for her.

He sounds like a class act. Bit late to not want to deal with it :lol:

On a completely unrelated note. You live a hundred yards from her but don't see her, but get in contact on Facebook? Why? :scratch: :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion