Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Dear Diary

Postby Nervosa » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:40 pm

It may be interesting for people to post funny or amusing incidents from their day...or just talk about their day in general. Your boss shouted at you, you got detention, I saw Elvis...the usual things. Sort of an online diary entry for everyone else to read.

My day was pretty average, although I did have (yet another) high speed, near death experience in my car. :shock:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:55 pm

I had a near death experience on my driving lesson - because of a twit going too fast on a roundabout.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:06 pm

My day? My day was great!

I began with my usual Thursday morning drumset lesson. It went well. I was then asked to teach drumset and percussion at one of the largest drumshops in the southern hemisphere. I agreed, but made it clear I was not always available and it is best if I teach in the mornings.

So, myself and the head drum instructor decided on what I will teach. For drumset, I will be the main technical teacher. If a student who already has decent technical ability wants to delve further into the subject and explore the intricasies of polyrhythmical playing in jazz, funk, fusion, Latin and ethnic drumset, I will handle that. (I wont be teaching beginners. Students will have to audition)

I will also now be teaching a wide variety of hand and ethnic percussion. For example, African, Afro Cuban, Brasilian batucada (Brasilian drum section) and other contemporary percussion. All in all I'll be able to cover about 80 or more instruments. Although I doubt I'll be faced with any student so interested. Normally these days you get people wanting to play the djembe. It's all a bit ho hum. The djembe being a bit easy and so the everyman's drum. But I'll teach some pretty cool samba rhythms on it, rather than just focusing on African rhythms.

I also picked up a copy of Felini's The Satyricon, on DVD.

All in all, not a bad day.

Oh, and I also bought yet another ride cymbal; a huge 22" Zildjian Pre aged K cymbal.
Last edited by pandeiro on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In short, he so buried himself in his books from twilight till daybreak and the days from dawn till dark; and so from little sleep and much reading, his brain dried up and he lost his wits."
pandeiro

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:I had a near death experience on my driving lesson - because of a twit going too fast on a roundabout.

Well, I am very happy you survived! :D
"In short, he so buried himself in his books from twilight till daybreak and the days from dawn till dark; and so from little sleep and much reading, his brain dried up and he lost his wits."
pandeiro

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:19 pm

Aw, thanks. It was a pretty rubbish lesson actually.
Sideshow Meg

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:27 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Aw, thanks. It was a pretty rubbish lesson actually.

Well, any lesson you can walk away from isn't bad. ;)
pandeiro

Postby Nervosa » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:29 pm

What stage of lessons are you at, Meg?

I forgot to mention, I was also continuing on with my First Aid course today, it's good fun and also a good skill to have.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:31 pm

nervosa wrote:

I forgot to mention, I was also continuing on with my First Aid course today, it's good fun and also a good skill to have.

How is Elvis these days? :lol:
pandeiro

Postby Nervosa » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:34 pm

pandeiro wrote:How is Elvis these days? :lol:

I haven't been speaking to him these last few days actually! :lol:
Nervosa

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:44 pm

nervosa wrote:
pandeiro wrote:How is Elvis these days? :lol:

I haven't been speaking to him these last few days actually! :lol:

I'm told he's still a bit incoherent. ;)
pandeiro

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:44 pm

Elvis lives in my cupboard, alright?
Sideshow Meg

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:45 pm

nervosa wrote:

I think I'll be taking my test quite soon.
Sideshow Meg

Postby pandeiro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Elvis lives in my cupboard, alright?

If you can get him to tell you where he hid his lost recordings, you could clean up! 8-)
pandeiro

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm glad your day went so well, pandeiro. :)

Nervosa, Meg, sorry about your harrowing experiences on the road. I don't intend to learn to drive for some time. I think I'd just be too nervous.

Hmm, my day was nice, but nothing particularly interesting happened. I did watch Frasier, though.

I drew Elvis's attention to your cupboard, Meg. He told me he was looking for somewhere to stay, away from the public eye. I said, "There's a nice young girl I know who will be glad to put you up..."

When did he arrive?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:20 pm

Last week. The other residents have been lovely.
Sideshow Meg

Postby pandeiro » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:04 pm

Thanks, Bee Gees Fan. :)
pandeiro

Postby Nervosa » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 pm

I had one of those days where it feels like everyone's out to get you. :(

And ontop of it all, I just got beaten in a "drag race" by an 18 stonne guy who drives a Skoda! (Don't worry, just in an old industrial estate where it's relatively safe to do so) I'd been delaying racing him for ages as I don't really like him, but tonight it was unavoidable. I'd also been bragging about how badly I'd beat him, so this made my defeat sting even more so. :oops: In my defence, I've been having a lot of mechanical and electrical problems with my car...it's actually going to the mechanic tomorrow as it so happens. Of course he didn't believe that though!
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:37 pm

Sorry about your day, nervosa.

nervosa wrote:Of course he didn't believe that though!

Send him the bill from the mechanic - then he'll believe you! :)

My day was quite nice, although I couldn't get my Snowball Express DVD to work on the computer. I really want to watch that film again; it was a childhood favourite of mine, and now it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:08 am

What was the problem, BGF? What happened when you tried to play it?
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:43 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Sorry about your day, nervosa.

nervosa wrote:Of course he didn't believe that though!

Send him the bill from the mechanic - then he'll believe you! :)

My day was quite nice, although I couldn't get my Snowball Express DVD to work on the computer. I really want to watch that film again; it was a childhood favourite of mine, and now it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to.

Don't you have a proper DVD player?
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:10 am

Stratman wrote:Don't you have a proper DVD player?

Snowball Express is a R1 DVD and our DVD player only plays R2s.

Wezzo wrote:What was the problem, BGF? What happened when you tried to play it?

Well, when I first put the DVD in, a message came up saying that there was a programme I could install which would enable me to view some extra features of the DVD online. (I've never heard of that, but I downloaded the programme anyway.)

Then I tried to play the DVD, but a message came up, saying that the region code of the DVD didn't match the region code that our computer is set to. But that has to be nonsense - the DVD is R1 and that's what our computer is set to, and my other R1 DVDs can still play in the computer.

It is a Disney DVD, although I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Does Disney produce different kinds of DVDs, in some way?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Yesterday was rather eventful for me - My first MAJOR incident in the car.

I had a friend in the car and we were driving to visit another friend. A fairly isolated road, and it was straight, so I was doing about 80mph. We were deep in conversation and we didn't see the turning on the left until we were really close. So I fired on the indicator and anounced "Watch this for skiful driving mate."....

A put the car into second gear and took the left turn, letting the clutch out and purposely trying to skid round it (which I do frequently onto this particular road). As I was going slightly faster than usual, the car went out of control. We skidded accross the road and hit the opposite side with quite a thump. The front right well took the impact, totally jarring it and twisting the front axel. The car also konked out. So here we were in the middle of nowhere with NO NETWORK COVERAGE. Great. We had to jog about 3 miles just to get a signal for some help.

End of the day, the car wouldn't start or couldn't be towed, so we were forced to abandon it for the night.

It got towed away his morning and it's looking like it's gonna cost more to fix it than the car's worth.

My own fault? Of course.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:42 pm

I'm sorry that happened, Nervosa. I hope the costs won't be too much. Hopefully the car will be running again soon.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:18 am

Why the hell were you driving at 80 miles (128kph) anyway? :shock:
Stratman

Postby Nervosa » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am

Stratman wrote:Why the hell were you driving at 80 miles (128kph) anyway? :shock:

Well I didn't take the corner at that speed! :lol: It was a nice smoothe road with no traffic, so when I get the chance to safely drive fast, I do. To turn into the road on the left, I slowed down to about 20mph.
Nervosa

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion