Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Dear Diary

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:06 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:So, BN, do you intend to spoil your kids rotten, or are you going to maintain a firm stance?

I always said I'd be firm with them, but it turns out I'm the soft-hearted one! I just can't bring myself to castigate them, and when I do have to do it I hate it.

If you're talking about material things - they certainly don't want for much and I'm a bit worried they're going to be spoilt.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:11 am

Oh, don't worry about it, BN. :) I doubt they'll turn into little Veruca Salts.

Oh, and Dear Diary,

Tonight (or last night, since it's now Sunday) I watched Parkinson because John McEnroe was on there. It was nice to see him, and they showed the clip of him from his younger days, yelling, "You cannot be serious!"

He said he's taken several anger management courses, "which, according to my wife, haven't worked." He also said he's working on becoming a better person. I don't suppose people can ask too much more of him. He seems a nice enough person to me.

Apparently, he's quite the family man. He has six kids - three from his first marriage, and two from his second, along with a stepdaughter.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:57 am

Damn it's hot here. You guys would surely die.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:02 am

Stratman wrote:Damn it's hot here. You guys would surely die.

Hehe, my car's temperature gage had a little snowflake symbol as I came in this evening.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:05 am

You wouldn't believe how hot it was last night. I had to postpone my run until 10:30 pm, even then it must have been over 30 degrees...
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:17 am

Stratman wrote:You wouldn't believe how hot it was last night. I had to postpone my run until 10:30 pm, even then it must have been over 30 degrees...

i HATE that weather. Come to think of it, they said on TV how hot it was when our bowlers were getting hit all over the park by Adam Gilchrist! :roll:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:24 am

Too hot for any mere mortal, that's for sure.
Stratman

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:37 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:In an episode of Cheers, Frederick's first word was "Norm" - although Lilith thought he said "Mommy!" :D

So, BN, do you intend to spoil your kids rotten, or are you going to maintain a firm stance?

I love that episode, it's so sweet!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Stratman wrote:Too hot for any mere mortal, that's for sure.

Over the last two years I've known two people who have immigrated to New Zealand. The girl who went about 6 months ago is finding the weather tough going. She's one of these snow white people who can't stand the sun and it's really taxing her over there.

Leads me to a funny Dear Diary story...

About 4 months ago I drove some friends up to her old house. It's near where I had my accident actually, way in the middle of nowhere. So I pulled up my car at their house and the five of us got out. We plodded up their long drive and stood looking around. Then we went into their old shed and took a few souveniers with a view to posting them to her. Then we went over to their old wood pile and took a few logs for a fire later that night. Then we heard *knock knock* from one of the houses windows! The new family had been standing watching us from their kitchen window the whole time! Without any other time to consider our options, one girl we were with shouted "leg it!" So we sprinted back to the car and spent the next few days awaiting an ad in the newspaper for a "suspicious silver Corsa with a group of strange people inside." Thankfully it never materialised. Lesson learned though...don't presume houses are empty. :oops:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:So, BN, do you intend to spoil your kids rotten, or are you going to maintain a firm stance?

I always said I'd be firm with them, but it turns out I'm the soft-hearted one! I just can't bring myself to castigate them, and when I do have to do it I hate it.

If you're talking about material things - they certainly don't want for much and I'm a bit worried they're going to be spoilt.

I realise I'm not the most objective person here, but I don't want for much either - I have quite a few DVDs, CDs etc - and I think I've turned out a reasonable person! There's a difference between spoiling a child and giving them a happy childhood.
Wezzo

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:43 pm

I'm going to visit my dad in Canada for Christmas and apparently for the first time in years there is no snow at the moment and there is a chance of what they call "a green Christmas." Still pretty cold though :wink: I personally prefer to be too hot as I reeeeealy don't like being cold.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Stratman wrote:Damn it's hot here. You guys would surely die.

Hehe, my car's temperature gage had a little snowflake symbol as I came in this evening.

Is it cold in York? I mean, do you have white Christmases there?
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:19 pm

I went to work today and got tipped £10, which was very nice indeed.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:30 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

I realise I'm not the most objective person here, but I don't want for much either - I have quite a few DVDs, CDs etc - and I think I've turned out a reasonable person! There's a difference between spoiling a child and giving them a happy childhood.

I totally agree with you. By the way, the fact that you appreciate the things you have shows you're not spoilt.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:33 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:I went to work today and got tipped £10, which was very nice indeed.

Ch-ching! :lol:

Are you looking forward to the Hamster's upcoming interview with Jonathan Ross btw, Meg? Personally I'll be interested to see if his speech has slowed or anything like that. He had a massive brain injury, it will be a miracle if he's made a complete recovery, though I hope that's the case.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:34 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Are you looking forward to the Hamster's upcoming interview with Jonathan Ross btw, Meg? Personally I'll be interested to see if his speech has slowed or anything like that. He had a massive brain injury, it will be a miracle if he's made a complete recovery, though I hope that's the case.

Will that be on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross this week?

Davey Boy

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:37 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Are you looking forward to the Hamster's upcoming interview with Jonathan Ross btw, Meg? Personally I'll be interested to see if his speech has slowed or anything like that. He had a massive brain injury, it will be a miracle if he's made a complete recovery, though I hope that's the case.

Will that be on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross this week?

Indeed it will!

Beer Necessity wrote:I totally agree with you. By the way, the fact that you appreciate the things you have shows you're not spoilt.

Absolutely. I'm not a ravenous DVD consuming machine crying out "more, more, more!" ;)
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:39 pm

I found out something tonight that creeped me out a little.

A few weeks ago, my Mum came home from work, and told us that someone from the place where she works knew a woman who had died suddenly, a few weeks earlier. I can't remember what brought it up, but according to my Mum, the lady had said that she had a headache and went to bed, and the next morning, she was dead.

It freaked me out at the time, because it really hit home on how suddenly people can die, with no warning. But tonight, I find out that the woman who died was the mother of a guy I knew at school. We weren't close friends or anything (I didn't really have any close friends at school, although I liked the people) but we got on well enough, and talked sometimes, and he was a nice guy. It really creeped me out; I've kept thinking about him (I believe he turns 19 during this month; he might already be 19, I'm not sure.) He has an older brother and a younger brother who is 14. But to lose your mother at that age, and so suddenly...it's been in the back of my mind for a while. It's horrible.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:44 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I found out something tonight that creeped me out a little.

A few weeks ago, my Mum came home from work, and told us that someone from the place where she works knew a woman who had died suddenly, a few weeks earlier. I can't remember what brought it up, but according to my Mum, the lady had said that she had a headache and went to bed, and the next morning, she was dead.

It freaked me out at the time, because it really hit home on how suddenly people can die, with no warning. But tonight, I find out that the woman who died was the mother of a guy I knew at school. We weren't close friends or anything (I didn't really have any close friends at school, although I liked the people) but we got on well enough, and talked sometimes, and he was a nice guy. It really creeped me out; I've kept thinking about him (I believe he turns 19 during this month; he might already be 19, I'm not sure.) He has an older brother and a younger brother who is 14. But to lose your mother at that age, and so suddenly...it's been in the back of my mind for a while. It's horrible.

That is terrible. My housemate is 22 now and lost her father just over a year ago. It must be so hard to go through losing a parent, especially as most people up until their early to mid twenties are still very dependant on their parents.

Davey Boy

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:44 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I found out something tonight that creeped me out a little.

Oh no.. that's a truly sobering thought. Terrible. Any comment on an internet forum looks trite or insincere, but I will say that I am deeply, deeply sorry for the family she has left behind.

The world is damned unfair sometimes, isn't it..
Wezzo

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:I went to work today and got tipped £10, which was very nice indeed.

Ch-ching! :lol:

Are you looking forward to the Hamster's upcoming interview with Jonathan Ross btw, Meg? Personally I'll be interested to see if his speech has slowed or anything like that. He had a massive brain injury, it will be a miracle if he's made a complete recovery, though I hope that's the case.

I found out about it about two weeks ago and actually have a star in my diary reminding me, so yes, I am.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Dear diary,
Today I decided to devise a plan of this week and next to my January exams.

Politics is a biggie, so a lot of revision is needed.

I'm going to rearrange my room in a, what I call, "Study-orientated way". I'm going to do that today, but I keep postponing it a few hours :lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Dear diary,

Today I have planned my History revision for my January exams for this evening (I work better in the evening), delivered some Christmas cards, watching lots of 'Motorworld' and had a good old cry with one of my best friends and downloaded some music.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:28 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Dear diary,

Today I have planned my History revision for my January exams for this evening (I work better in the evening), delivered some Christmas cards, watching lots of 'Motorworld' and had a good old cry with one of my best friends and downloaded some music.

I watched abit of Clarkson and co today- top gear abit earlier.

What did you have a good old cry about? :D
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:39 pm

Dear Diary,

I can feel a sore throat coming on. And at Christmas too. Bah!
Wezzo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion