Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Hidden Gems

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Hidden Gems

Postby Stratman » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:36 pm

Are there any songs you know that aren't big hits but should be?

Here are a few I think are worthy:

Gov't Mule - Bad Little Doggie
Lewis Taylor - Stoned Part 1
Slash's Snakepit - Aint Life Grand
Hope Partlow - Sick Inside
Stratman

Postby StiffUpperLip » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:52 am

StiffUpperLip

Re: Hidden Gems

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:52 pm

*BUMP*

this could be a great thread!!!

I think there are quite a few P!nk songs that could be, the main two in my opinion being 'Love Song' and 'Misunderstood'
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Loving these old threads, IA!

The 'B' side (hehe, I feel old!) of Belinda Carlisle's 'Summer Rain' is beautiful, but was never released as a single.

There's also a wonderful song by a little-known artist called Martyn Joseph - it's called 'Between the Raindrops', and it's lovely.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:06 pm

French Disko by Stereolab, from their Jenny Ondioline EP. Absolutely superb. Hypnotically beautiful, for me. I remember hearing the track on John peel's show and hunting it out. Still one of my favourite songs.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Sinead Quinn-Safe Hands
Alistair Griffin-A Heart Can't Lie

yes I know they were on Fame Academy but their albums (and album tracks as these are, are damn good)
Last edited by kat on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm

:twisted: You Keep Me Hanging On - Vanilla Fudge.

Amazing version 8-)
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Strange one, this - wasted on a kid's TV show. Big Chris's Song. 2 minutes 7 seconds in - I really like this song, Peter Kay has a lovely voice. I was hoping it was an extract from a 'real' song, but I can't find it anywhere, if so. :?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Anything by Jessica Lea Mayfield, 16 Horsepower, The Gaslight Anthem and Frightened Rabbit should (or in the case of 16 Horsepower should have been) a massive hit. I resigned myself to the fact long ago that a good chunk of the music I love is never going to be a huge hit.

Warren Zevon should have had several hits beyond "Werewolves of London." He wrote and performed so many songs that I happen to think are a million times catchier, better-written and more interesting overall than "Werewolves" (which I still love).
barnaclelapse

Postby Forever Jung » Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Warren Zevon should have had several hits beyond "Werewolves of London." He wrote and performed so many songs that I happen to think are a million times catchier, better-written and more interesting overall than "Werewolves" (which I still love).

:twisted: Meat has covered a Warren Zevon song called Lawyers Guns & Money.
Pretty good tune.

One song I don't think is well known as it could be is Dreaming Of You by The Coral.
I heard it on Scrubs and thought it was great 8-)
I've sang it quite a few times at gigs.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Yay, one of my favourite ever tracks is finally available online!

Between the Raindrops - Martyn Joseph

Very underrated IMHO. In fact, looking back through this thread, I mentioned it a few posts above. Not the sort of song that would ever really be a hit, but I think MJ in general deserves more recognition. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

Forever Jung wrote:One song I don't think is well known as it could be is Dreaming Of You by The Coral.

Heard it on Scrubs too, love that song.
IMO, I think there's been a lot of songs on Scrubs at times that aren't as well known as they could be.
!Amz!

Postby kat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 pm

!Amz! wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:One song I don't think is well known as it could be is Dreaming Of You by The Coral.

IMO, I think there's been a lot of songs on Scrubs at times that aren't as well known as they could be.

Good Life-Francis Dunnery is one, it's from the season 1 montage of Jordan and Dr Cox's wedding and I love it, the cast version of Colin Hay's "Waiting For My Real Life To Begin" from My Philosophy is great too, I did download a torrent of the music from the first 5 seasons can't remember where I found it though, may have been isohunt
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby !Amz! » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:59 pm

kat wrote:
!Amz! wrote:

Good Life-Francis Dunnery is one, it's from the season 1 montage of Jordan and Dr Cox's wedding and I love it, the cast version of Colin Hay's "Waiting For My Real Life To Begin" from My Philosophy is great too, I did download a torrent of the music from the first 5 seasons can't remember where I found it though, may have been isohunt

I loved that song from Jordan and Dr Cox's wedding, have actually been trying to identify it for a while so thanks! Waiting for My Real Life to Begin was brilliant too. There's a huge favourites list on my iTunes and over half of it is from Scrubs. I think the music played a huge part in it as it always captured the mood and made things more emotional.
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Lady Ga G 'S Dance in the dark which i only knew about coz DG mentioned it ..on here i think . Its better that a couple of her latest choons she's released latley id say.
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 pm

woggle wrote:Lady Ga G 'S Dance in the dark which i only knew about coz DG mentioned it ..on here i think . Its better that a couple of her latest choons she's released latley id say.

It's brill, isn't it?
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Lady Ga G 'S Dance in the dark which i only knew about coz DG mentioned it ..on here i think . Its better that a couple of her latest choons she's released latley id say.

It's brill, isn't it?

Yup definatly a regular choon played on my MP3 player recently . .. [ i do try NOT to rock out while i have it on at work ..lol ]
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

... and I don't ever listen to it full blast on my MP3 player whilst dancing around my hotel room in the dark.
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

It's brill, isn't it?

I love that song, one of my favourite Gaga songs actually. I love the whole album but that's definitely one of the best songs on there.
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:... and I don't ever listen to it full blast on my MP3 player whilst dancing around my hotel room in the dark.

Hahaha i would like to be a fly on the wll that day !! :D
woggle

Return to Off Topic Discussion