Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm

woggle wrote:The dark knight rises arrived this morning :bounce:

Along with greys anatomy :8 , MIB 3 , weeds:5 , Braquo :2 all of which im getting for christmas and is sitting on the table across from me ..lol gr!


I pre-ordered Dark Knight Rises 3 months ago. That is supposed to guarantee that it arrives on the day it is released. Stupid Amazon didn't even ship it until last night! :x
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:The dark knight rises arrived this morning :bounce:

Along with greys anatomy :8 , MIB 3 , weeds:5 , Braquo :2 all of which im getting for christmas and is sitting on the table across from me ..lol gr!


I pre-ordered Dark Knight Rises 3 months ago. That is supposed to guarantee that it arrives on the day it is released. Stupid Amazon didn't even ship it until last night! :x


Amazon are really slow at the mo , if u pre-order from play.com they usually ave it on your doorstep on the sat if its due out on monday but it can be a week later with amazon ..AAAAND there delivery drivers have a tendancy to leave parcels on the step ... not very imprssed with them right now .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

I've never had that problem before. Amazon is usually really good about getting stuff on time. I even got the last Harry Potter book delivered the day before it was released!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm

woggle wrote:Amazon are really slow at the mo , if u pre-order from play.com they usually ave it on your doorstep on the sat if its due out on monday but it can be a week later with amazon ..AAAAND there delivery drivers have a tendancy to leave parcels on the step ... not very imprssed with them right now .


They did that to us with a delivery this week. Don't know how the hell it didn't get nicked before we'd returned home.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 pm

I still do not have my Dark Knight Rises DVD but today I did receive the blu-ray set of all the Indiana Jones movies.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I still do not have my Dark Knight Rises DVD but today I did receive the blu-ray set of all the Indiana Jones movies.


:twisted: Is that cheaper than the collection that doesn't include Crystal Skull? :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 pm

:lol: I prefer Crystal Skull over Temple of Doom.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

:D

I didn't care much for Crystal Skull when i first saw it, but i warmed to it more on second viewing.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::D

I didn't care much for Crystal Skull when i first saw it, but i warmed to it more on second viewing.


I liked it better the second time around too. Though it still had it's terrible moments. I hated the nuclear fridge ordeal and I continue to think the CGI was awful during the monkey jungle chase. I also hate that they kind of turned Marian into a weenie. She was an incredibly strong woman in Raiders and they wimped her out and turned her into "Willie" in Crystal Skull. (and Willie is one of the biggest problems with Temple of Doom)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:12 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote::D

I didn't care much for Crystal Skull when i first saw it, but i warmed to it more on second viewing.


I liked it better the second time around too. Though it still had it's terrible moments. I hated the nuclear fridge ordeal and I continue to think the CGI was awful during the monkey jungle chase. I also hate that they kind of turned Marian into a weenie. She was an incredibly strong woman in Raiders and they wimped her out and turned her into "Willie" in Crystal Skull. (and Willie is one of the biggest problems with Temple of Doom)


Oh im the other way round i like the temple of doom [ party because i liked the 'willie ' charater ] but not the last one , watched it once then traded it in .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Battleship [ it twas cheap ]

Hell [ a german apocalype flick , quite good apparently ]

Baytown outlaws

+ I have looper & resi evil 5 due on monday :D
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

I was a naughty gal and brought some more , i made the most of the fact blockbusters in town will be gone by sunday :( bit sad a bout that . I got 6 dvd's for £12 -

Melancholia
Snowtown
Conviction
30 Minites or less
The Brothers Bloom
Goon
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm

I've never heard of any those movies. :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I've never heard of any those movies. :lol:


Only 1 there I've ever heard of too. :D
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Really!!! lol... now i feel like a sad cow!!! haha

Snowtown + Conviction were true stories i think surprised you haven't heard about either of them .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby Wezzo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm

woggle wrote:I was a naughty gal and brought some more , i made the most of the fact blockbusters in town will be gone by sunday :( bit sad a bout that . I got 6 dvd's for £12 -

Melancholia
Snowtown
Conviction
30 Minites or less
The Brothers Bloom
Goon


I didn't like Goon much, but most people seemed to. Snowtown was pretty good (and grim!) I liked Melancholia quite a lot, and 30 Minutes or Less was pretty funny. Don't know of the others..
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Melancholia was weird , irst hour bored me then i thought the 2nd was brilliant could watch the last half only and be pretty happy ..lol.

Dexter season 6 .. yea baby!!!!!!!!! :D
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Mon May 13, 2013 11:29 am

I have the Dexter bug again just ordered season 7 [ R1 ] which cost a tenner less then waithng for the brit dvd release in a couple of weeks :D


Not sure why but ive seen a change in my film/telly watching recently ..leaning more towards the side of tv maybe it cioz u get to stick with a story for longer ...anyhow thats never ever happened before .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

The last couple seasons of Dexter haven't been up to par for me but it's still a fairly decent show.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The last couple seasons of Dexter haven't been up to par for me but it's still a fairly decent show.


Yea after seeing season 7 i quite agree i wasn't really into the Doomsday Killer storyline and now after
Spoiler: show
dexters been found out
i think its lost its edge but as you say its not a bad show so i will still keep with it .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Watched the boxset of Stephen Speilbergs Taken, about Alien abduction followed through 3 generations of 3 families, it was blooming amazing, so I ended up buying it for my self. McDreamy been playing me a whole load of dvds recently, but I can't remember most of them!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The last couple seasons of Dexter haven't been up to par for me but it's still a fairly decent show.


Have you seen season 8? Its on every sun night here right now im on about the 4th ep I think . I like it so far .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Will and grace season 6 [ I have 7 and 8 so is kinda working back wards ..lol]

Breaking bad season 4 - cannot stop watching this show ... second to the wire for me!

Spartacus : gods of the arena - spotted an old actor innit and spent half an episode trying to figure out where he was from [ an old neighbours regular apparently , had to look him up ]
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 pm

woggle wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:The last couple seasons of Dexter haven't been up to par for me but it's still a fairly decent show.


Have you seen season 8? Its on every sun night here right now im on about the 4th ep I think . I like it so far .


I think you guys are one week behind us. I'm stuck now though because my cable company just yanked Showtime from their lineup. No more Dexter unless I download it from somewhere.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:The last couple seasons of Dexter haven't been up to par for me but it's still a fairly decent show.


Have you seen season 8? Its on every sun night here right now im on about the 4th ep I think . I like it so far .


I think you guys are one week behind us. I'm stuck now though because my cable company just yanked Showtime from their lineup. No more Dexter unless I download it from somewhere.


Damn showtime has some awesome stuff ...I feel for you!!!!

Last sundays dexter epp was This Little Piggy its was alright but I feel like its gone a bit dexter and deb soap opera and it ended really weird with
Spoiler: show
dex shoving that curtain pole thingy into the bed
...I actually laughed !
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2017. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.