Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The DVD & Blu-ray Thread

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:00 pm

woggle wrote:I javen't seen any of those! lol Rumble in the bronx is the earliest one but im writing those down and if i like DM [ which im sure i will ] i'll proberbly get them all . Is police story another of his or am i confused?

Yep. When you go past the early 'traditional' set kung fu movies, you want at least the first three Police Story movies (but i'd watch them all), Project A 1&2, Armour Of God 1&2, Wheels On Meals, and the three "Lucky Stars" films - Winners & Sinners / My Lucky Stars / Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars. Even stuff like Battle Creek Brawl, City Hunter, Twin Dragons are all good fun. He's made so many films :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
woggle wrote:I javen't seen any of those! lol Rumble in the bronx is the earliest one but im writing those down and if i like DM [ which im sure i will ] i'll proberbly get them all . Is police story another of his or am i confused?

Yep. When you go past the early 'traditional' set kung fu movies, you want at least the first three Police Story movies (but i'd watch them all), Project A 1&2, Armour Of God 1&2, Wheels On Meals, and the three "Lucky Stars" films - Winners & Sinners / My Lucky Stars / Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars. Even stuff like Battle Creek Brawl, City Hunter, Twin Dragons are all good fun. He's made so many films :lol:

Holy cow haha thats quite a list ! i love doing the car boot runs on a sunday and always come across old jackie chan films but never think to pick any up but will do in the future :D
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 pm

woggle wrote:Holy cow haha thats quite a list ! i love doing the car boot runs on a sunday and always come across old jackie chan films but never think to pick any up but will do in the future :D

Always worth picking up any JC movies. Even the crap ones are worth seeing. Watch out for ones that are the same movie released under different titles! :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:15 am

Pre-ordered The Raid and Dark Horse. I really wanted to see the latter when it was released in July (Todd Solondz is one of my top 5 directors) but for some reason it only showed at about 3 cinemas in the UK. Can't wait to finally see it.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby woggle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Pre-ordered The Raid and Dark Horse. I really wanted to see the latter when it was released in July (Todd Solondz is one of my top 5 directors) but for some reason it only showed at about 3 cinemas in the UK. Can't wait to finally see it.

Ooooooooo its out on mon isn't it? im straight up the town to go get that one along with the cabin in the woods and how i spent my summer vacation :D

- Pre-ordered Margin call which came out over her in the cinema in jan i belive not sure why a dvd release has taken so long .
woggle

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm

woggle wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Pre-ordered The Raid and Dark Horse. I really wanted to see the latter when it was released in July (Todd Solondz is one of my top 5 directors) but for some reason it only showed at about 3 cinemas in the UK. Can't wait to finally see it.

Ooooooooo its out on mon isn't it? im straight up the town to go get that one along with the cabin in the woods and how i spent my summer vacation :D

- Pre-ordered Margin call which came out over her in the cinema in jan i belive not sure why a dvd release has taken so long .

Margin Call is very good. I wasn't keen on The Cabin in the Woods though. I applaud it for trying to do something a bit different but it all unravelled in the final act for me, sadly.
Cake for Brains

Postby woggle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:14 am

Cake for Brains wrote:
woggle wrote:

Margin Call is very good. I wasn't keen on The Cabin in the Woods though. I applaud it for trying to do something a bit different but it all unravelled in the final act for me, sadly.

Had high hope for that one i ignored all the trailers ...ah well may not rush out and get that one immedietly then got so many others to watch anyhow .

- Safe house
-Wild bill
- Elevator

and now not a lota room left on my dvd shelf for any more! lol
woggle

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:29 pm

woggle wrote:Had high hope for that one i ignored all the trailers ...ah well may not rush out and get that one immedietly then got so many others to watch anyhow .

- Safe house
-Wild bill
- Elevator

I know the feeling. My shelves are all full, so I've taken to stacking my DVDs in piles on the floor. aND Wild Bill is a good film. A real surprise.
Cake for Brains

Postby woggle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
woggle wrote:Had high hope for that one i ignored all the trailers ...ah well may not rush out and get that one immedietly then got so many others to watch anyhow .

- Safe house
-Wild bill
- Elevator

I know the feeling. My shelves are all full, so I've taken to stacking my DVDs in piles on the floor. aND Wild Bill is a good film. A real surprise.

I may have to go that route to ..or was thinkin of putting them in the spare room but thing is i like to be able to see them if im in the bedroom its like that a big collection of films and there MINE!!..lol is that a bit weird !
woggle

Postby woggle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 pm

- Avengers assemble - whooo hooo looking forward to this one!
woggle

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 pm

woggle wrote:- Avengers assemble - whooo hooo looking forward to this one!

I just got the 6 disc blu ray set which includes Avengers Assemble, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk and Thor, along with 10 hours of extras. My weekend's viewing is sorted!
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby woggle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 am

Hans the German Butler wrote:

I just got the 6 disc blu ray set which includes Avengers Assemble, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk and Thor, along with 10 hours of extras. My weekend's viewing is sorted!

Wow that awsome!! my ps3 does play blu-ray discs but ita a bit on the tempremental side so haven't bothered with thm yet but that set sounds well worth it :D
woggle

Postby Stu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Can't believe that the UK got stiffed by Disney on the Avengers Assemble sets - we don't get the Joss Whedon commentary because apparently it was delivered 'too late', and it's apparently the slightly edited version, though only from one scene

Disney said "There's been no censorship, no foul play. The version of Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Blu-ray disc in the U.K. is the same as the version shown theatrically. It really is. The simple fact is for a 12 certificate film in the U.K., that scene was deemed inappropriate. So Marvel Studios chose to remove the spear tip digitally."

Plus the 90 min doc about it is only available in the version from Sainsburys (though in the US it's only available in the version from Target)

Really don't like these retailer exclusive versions - it used to be HMV exclusive sleeves which was one thing, but whole discs of extras

Probably should have put this in the Rant thread!
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby woggle » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Stu wrote:

Can't believe that the UK got stiffed by Disney on the Avengers Assemble sets - we don't get the Joss Whedon commentary because apparently it was delivered 'too late', and it's apparently the slightly edited version, though only from one scene

Disney said "There's been no censorship, no foul play. The version of Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Blu-ray disc in the U.K. is the same as the version shown theatrically. It really is. The simple fact is for a 12 certificate film in the U.K., that scene was deemed inappropriate. So Marvel Studios chose to remove the spear tip digitally."

Plus the 90 min doc about it is only available in the version from Sainsburys (though in the US it's only available in the version from Target)Really don't like these retailer exclusive versions - it used to be HMV exclusive sleeves which was one thing, but whole discs of extras

:shock: thats terrible they should be avalible on all discs :( bitt miffed about that.
woggle

Postby woggle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm

The Raid :bounce:

Can't wait to see it , can't wait to seee it ...going by all the reviews ive read this may make my top 3 of the year so far :D
woggle

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm

woggle wrote:The Raid :bounce:

Can't wait to see it , can't wait to seee it ...going by all the reviews ive read this may make my top 3 of the year so far :D

Yep, the Blu-ray plopped through my letterbox this morning too. Just hope I've got the stomach for it!
Cake for Brains

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Stu wrote:

Plus the 90 min doc about it is only available in the version from Sainsburys (though in the US it's only available in the version from Target)

Really don't like these retailer exclusive versions - it used to be HMV exclusive sleeves which was one thing, but whole discs of extras

:lol: It must be serious. I'm sure that's the most i've seen you post about anything! :D

It is getting silly with all the different 'exclusive' retailer release versions now. As you say, i could live with various exclusive sleeve packaging if thats what floated people's boats, but having to use specific retailers if you want a certain version or certain extras is bizarre to me. I wonder how much the studios are making out of retailers for the exclusive gimmicks? Must be a bit of a risky punt in marketing terms.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Pre-ordered Moonrise Kingdom. Can't wait to see it again, considering it's a contender for the best film of 2012 - only behind The Amazing Spider-Man. :)
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:37 pm

That Moonrise Kingdom is some kind of film.
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Long time no see Strat. :D
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes, I know. Like I never left :P
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Thought i'd gone back in time for a moment. Good to see you making an appearance.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Stratman wrote:That Moonrise Kingdom is some kind of film.

Nice to see you back!
Wezzo

Postby woggle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 am

Pre-ordered Batman: The Dark Knight Rises - Bat Cowl Special Edition (With UltraViolet) (Blu-ray)

Will be my first blu-ray buy and i think its a doozy will watch it thru me PS3 for now but is thinking of a upgrage to a niffty blu-ray player won't be far behind . :D
woggle

Postby woggle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm

The dark knight rises arrived this morning :bounce:

Along with greys anatomy :8 , MIB 3 , weeds:5 , Braquo :2 all of which im getting for christmas and is sitting on the table across from me ..lol gr!
woggle

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion