Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Footy Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 pm

What are your thoughts for Liverpools match tomorrow against Chelsea BN? I'm quite interested to see if Mourinho selects Shevchenko as he is reportedly the cause of the differences of oppinion within the Chelsea hierarchy. I also hope that Benetez makes a decent tem selection, especially with the front men. Gotta go with Kuyt and Bellamy in my oppinion.

Spurs have a toughish looking trip to Fulham and we really need a win to get us going after losing to Newcastle last week (despite paying exceptionally well). The FA Cup replay was a good moral booster and hopefully we can keep banging in the goals :D
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:48 pm

Davey Boy wrote:What are your thoughts for Liverpools match tomorrow against Chelsea BN? I'm quite interested to see if Mourinho selects Shevchenko as he is reportedly the cause of the differences of oppinion within the Chelsea hierarchy. I also hope that Benetez makes a decent tem selection, especially with the front men. Gotta go with Kuyt and Bellamy in my oppinion.

Spurs have a toughish looking trip to Fulham and we really need a win to get us going after losing to Newcastle last week (despite paying exceptionally well). The FA Cup replay was a good moral booster and hopefully we can keep banging in the goals :D

I'm glad you resurrected this thread Davey Boy, I was going to myself before the 'big 4' play each other this week. My thoughts on the Liverpool/Chelski match are pessemistic I'm afraid. I have Reina in my fantasy team and I've dropped him this week - that should tell you everything! :lol: I have a feeling Chelsea will do us 0-1, but I hope I'm wrong. As for our front combination, I have to disagree. I feel Crouch should play EVERY game and it's just a question of who partners him. Maybe start with Koyt and bring Bellamy on if things go awry. I'd even like to see Bellamy start on one of the wings perhaps, especially as we've got so many out injured.

It's difficult to predict either Spurs or Fulham's results at the minute! I keep expecting Spurs to make a surge up the table - you certainly have the players. I really like what I've seen of Huddlestone so far.

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho picks Shevchenko tomorrow. I doubt he will simply because he's been playing like a drain recently. I'm not sure if Robben's fit or not but I expect him to partner Drogba up front if he's able to field his strongest team. With Terry still out and Cech possibly playing with a head brace on tomorrow (seriously!) it may well be out best chance to beat them in a while.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I'm glad you resurrected this thread Davey Boy, I was going to myself before the 'big 4' play each other this week. My thoughts on the Liverpool/Chelski match are pessemistic I'm afraid. I have Reina in my fantasy team and I've dropped him this week - that should tell you everything! :lol: I have a feeling Chelsea will do us 0-1, but I hope I'm wrong. As for our front combination, I have to disagree. I feel Crouch should play EVERY game and it's just a question of who partners him. Maybe start with Koyt and bring Bellamy on if things go awry. I'd even like to see Bellamy start on one of the wings perhaps, especially as we've got so many out injured.

It's difficult to predict either Spurs or Fulham's results at the minute! I keep expecting Spurs to make a surge up the table - you certainly have the players. I really like what I've seen of Huddlestone so far.

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho picks Shevchenko tomorrow. I doubt he will simply because he's been playing like a drain recently. I'm not sure if Robben's fit or not but I expect him to partner Drogba up front if he's able to field his strongest team. With Terry still out and Cech possibly playing with a head brace on tomorrow (seriously!) it may well be out best chance to beat them in a while.

I agree with you that tomorrow maybe your best chance to beat them in a while and I certainly hope you do. However your league form against Chelsea seems to be pretty poor most of the time so I have a feeling they might sneak it past you.

I like your idea about playing Bellamy on the wing though I have to say. I think he would have the pace and skill to cause their full backs (especially whoever they put at right back) trouble. I remember last season Bellamy running at a full back and doing a kinda back heel thing around them and chasing the ball which was very impressive.

As for Spurs I have also been expecting us to make a climb up the table but we have been struggling to put a run of form together. I trully believe we have the best squad outside the big 4 and that we are only a few mega stars off that level (your Rooneys, Ronaldos, Gerrards Henrys etc.). Hopefully we can have a solid second half of the season and finish in the top 6.

That having been said we are still going strong in 3 cup competitions and I really hope that we come away with at least one trophy this year.

Davey Boy

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Oh and as for Huddlestone he is turning into an excellent player and I think he could develop into one of Englands best central midfielders. He is strong, quick, and able to pass, shoot and tackle very well, all at the age of 19 :D

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 pm

I was obviously delighted at today's showing; not just the result but the way we played. I know Chelsea were there for the taking today but it still had to be done. Well done lads! :D

I guess you'll be slightly disappointed with 1-1 but considering you went 1-0 down late in the game it wasn't a bad result really.

Only downside for me today is my fantasy team - I got my ass kicked so bad I'm wearing it for a hat right now... :cry:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I was obviously delighted at today's showing; not just the result but the way we played. I know Chelsea were there for the taking today but it still had to be done. Well done lads! :D

I guess you'll be slightly disappointed with 1-1 but considering you went 1-0 down late in the game it wasn't a bad result really.

Only downside for me today is my fantasy team - I got my ass kicked so bad I'm wearing it for a hat right now... :cry:

I was out last night so am waiting to see MOTD2 for the Spurs goals, although I had to check the score last night. Well done to Liverpool, the game was on where I work so I managed to catch a few minutes of it. Pennants goal was awesome, good time to score his first goal.

Shame that Man Utd couldn't capitalise today, especially as the report says they conceeded two late in the game having had the lead. I guess it brings Arsenal and Liverpool nack into the frame a bit, if they can both put strong runs together and Chelski and Man Utd start dropping points. What do you think about the whole Mourinho situation at the moment?

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Shame that Man Utd couldn't capitalise today, especially as the report says they conceeded two late in the game having had the lead. I guess it brings Arsenal and Liverpool nack into the frame a bit, if they can both put strong runs together and Chelski and Man Utd start dropping points. What do you think about the whole Mourinho situation at the moment?

I saw the game; Man U were by far the better team until the last 10 minutes when they uncharacteristically let a lead slip with minutes to go. Henry's 4th minute into injury time bullet header was a peach. I loved the look on Fergie's face when that went in! I can't help wanting Man U to lose, even though it puts Arsenal just a point behind us again!

I think the Mourinho situation is very interesting. His interview yesterday suggested he wants to buy players but isn't able to. Up until now I've never considered Mourinho leaving a realistic possibility. Now I'm not so sure...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:I saw the game; Man U were by far the better team until the last 10 minutes when they uncharacteristically let a lead slip with minutes to go. Henry's 4th minute into injury time bullet header was a peach. I loved the look on Fergie's face when that went in! I can't help wanting Man U to lose, even though it puts Arsenal just a point behind us again!

I think the Mourinho situation is very interesting. His interview yesterday suggested he wants to buy players but isn't able to. Up until now I've never considered Mourinho leaving a realistic possibility. Now I'm not so sure...

I guess that's where the difference between being a Spurs and Liverpool fans comes out then (other than the fact we hardly ever get to win any trophies) :wink:

I think it's a very interesting situation with Mourinho and anything destablising Chelski makes me smile. My take on it is that Mourinho is kind of acting like a spoilt child whose parents have finally said no. To be honest I think with the current injury problems he has faced this is the first time he has really been tested as Chelski manager and I don't think he is doing very well. No other manager in the league who has injury problems expects to have new players bought, especially considering the transfer funds which have already been spent. He has a squad which should win hands down and he should accept he may have to do what most other managers are forced to do and look to blood a few youth players.

I can also see his point of view though that if he didn't want Shevchenko then that is £30m which could have been used to be two quality defenders or even one megastar defender. The chairman is not there to manage the team and if he is interferring with what Jose wants to do then I can see him moving on.

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:13 pm

You've made some really good points there, Davey Boy. Good analogy of Mourinho as a 'spoilt child' :lol: . I do think it's similar to the Hearts situation (albeit with a touch less interference and a damn sight more money!). I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for Mourinho in this situation, I know it sounds crazy. I just think in any situation like this the hierarchy have to EITHER sack their manager or back him to the hilt. I think Chelsea are doing neither at the minute.

Also, like I said before, I'd still rather Chelski win the title than Man U so even though I'm enjoying watching the Blues farce unfold I can't help being bothered by the fact that Man U are the ones to benefit...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Also, like I said before, I'd still rather Chelski win the title than Man U so even though I'm enjoying watching the Blues farce unfold I can't help being bothered by the fact that Man U are the ones to benefit...

Should have been Liverpool eh? :wink:

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Davey Boy wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Also, like I said before, I'd still rather Chelski win the title than Man U so even though I'm enjoying watching the Blues farce unfold I can't help being bothered by the fact that Man U are the ones to benefit...

Should have been Liverpool eh? :wink:

That's how I see it! I'd still say finishing 3rd this year would give us a platform for next year, so I wouldn't be too unhappy with that.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Liverpool are LONG due a title! It's not even like they have gone downhill since the glory days of the 1980's as your tropy hall, especially in the 2000's has been pretty impressive. Just seems that you can't put together a consistent season to win the league.

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:28 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Liverpool are LONG due a title! It's not even like they have gone downhill since the glory days of the 1980's as your tropy hall, especially in the 2000's has been pretty impressive. Just seems that you can't put together a consistent season to win the league.

The disappointing thing is we haven't been in the final shake up since we last won a title in 1990. We were top with about 6 games to go in 1997 but capitulated spectacularly and ended up 4th! I remember one commentator at the time saying "How did Liverpool finish 4th in a two-horse race?" which says it all really.

We should be in the fight this season thanks to the 'crisis' at Chelsea but sadly Man U have been generally excellent and taken full advantage. Next year, I hope...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:Liverpool are LONG due a title! It's not even like they have gone downhill since the glory days of the 1980's as your tropy hall, especially in the 2000's has been pretty impressive. Just seems that you can't put together a consistent season to win the league.

The disappointing thing is we haven't been in the final shake up since we last won a title in 1990. We were top with about 6 games to go in 1997 but capitulated spectacularly and ended up 4th! I remember one commentator at the time saying "How did Liverpool finish 4th in a two-horse race?" which says it all really.

We should be in the fight this season thanks to the 'crisis' at Chelsea but sadly Man U have been generally excellent and taken full advantage. Next year, I hope...

Wasn't that the year that David James suffered a complete loss of form?

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Wasn't that the year that David James suffered a complete loss of form?

Well remembered! The 3-1 home defeat to Man U led the papers to nickname him 'Calamity James'.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Where are you Davey Boy? We can't let this thread slip too far down the board again!

Bad luck in the Carling Cup yesterday. It's frustrating to lose to Arsenal at the best of times, but losing to their second XI really rubs your face in it (as I know only too well after the hammering we recieved!).

What do you think of the transfer window dealings? It was pretty quiet wasn't it?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Where are you Davey Boy? We can't let this thread slip too far down the board again!

Bad luck in the Carling Cup yesterday. It's frustrating to lose to Arsenal at the best of times, but losing to their second XI really rubs your face in it (as I know only too well after the hammering we recieved!).

What do you think of the transfer window dealings? It was pretty quiet wasn't it?

The loss in the Carling Cup was gutting, especially as we had the game under control in the first leg and then let it slip away. Then Mido had to score to give another half hour of hoping, but really only delaying that sinking feeling of losing.

I have been defending Spurs alot this week when people say that it was their junior or second team... Yes they have many young players but many of them are quality and have either/both international or Champions League experience. Even more to the point if you take someone like Walcott, he cost Arsenal £12m. If we paid that much for a player you can guarantee they would be in the first XI, and probably oe of our "star" players (eg Berbatov). By the end of the game Arsenal had Fabregas, Rosicky, Sendros, Adebeyor and others on the pitch, decent players in anyones eyes. I also read that by the end of the match the difference in the average age of players in the team was only a year (24 Arsenal and 25 Spurs I think). So gutting yes, but more understandable than people have been making out. [RANT ENDS] :wink:

As for the window there wasn't a great deal that went on, from our point of view we sold Davenport and bought a guy called Rocha, who is apparently pretty solid at the back. Davids left to but as he wasn't troubling the starting line up much this season he won't really be missed... The only other thing of note I saw was that West Ham crazily offered Charlton £18m for Darren Bent, which they rejected! He's good but that is probably double his value in my eyes!

Whah did Liverpool get up to? I read that you signed someone from abroad who I'd never heard of...? Is he the next big thing for you?

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Davey Boy wrote:I have been defending Spurs alot this week when people say that it was their junior or second team... Yes they have many young players but many of them are quality and have either/both international or Champions League experience. Even more to the point if you take someone like Walcott, he cost Arsenal £12m. If we paid that much for a player you can guarantee they would be in the first XI, and probably oe of our "star" players (eg Berbatov). By the end of the game Arsenal had Fabregas, Rosicky, Sendros, Adebeyor and others on the pitch, decent players in anyones eyes. I also read that by the end of the match the difference in the average age of players in the team was only a year (24 Arsenal and 25 Spurs I think). So gutting yes, but more understandable than people have been making out. [RANT ENDS] :wink:

I know what you mean. Referring to that Arsenal second string as 'reserves' does them a great disservice. I mean, Baptista scored 6 goals against us in two games at Anfield but he still doesn't make their first 11! :shock: Frightening stuff. That's why I rate Wenger as probably the best manager in the Premiership right now. Fergusson obviously did a fantastic job for Man U to break Liverpool's 80's stranglehold on the title to become the team of the 90's. They did have tremendous resources available though. It's hard to fault Mourinho's contribution at Chelski but there will always be a question mark over his achievements due to the limitless funds at his disposal. Wenger took over an aging but successful side, much like Souness at Liverpool in the early 90's, and added quality young players to bring the club unprecedented success. The comparisons with Souness there are stark, who ably showed just how wrong it could have gone for Arsenal during that period of transition. And during a time with limited funds at his disposal when building the Emirates he's managed to unearth some young gems from African football instead of splashing the cash on big names. Walcott will only cost 12m over time (if he gets 100 England caps and they win the Champions League, etc.), the initial fee was only 5 million. I just wish we could have appointed Wenger back in 1996 when Roy Evans should have gone after our dismal FA Cup final display against Man U. I think both clubs histories would have been radically different if that had happened.

Davey Boy wrote:As for the window there wasn't a great deal that went on, from our point of view we sold Davenport and bought a guy called Rocha, who is apparently pretty solid at the back. Davids left to but as he wasn't troubling the starting line up much this season he won't really be missed... The only other thing of note I saw was that West Ham crazily offered Charlton £18m for Darren Bent, which they rejected! He's good but that is probably double his value in my eyes!

Whah did Liverpool get up to? I read that you signed someone from abroad who I'd never heard of...? Is he the next big thing for you?

Ha! Our singings were laughable. More than that actually, embarrassing. We picked up a foreign full back as cover when the Lucas Neill deal fell through and obviously we look like getting Macarrano as well. :roll: We're on a good run at the minute so it was probably wise not to unsettle the team too much during the transfer window where, as you pointed out, players are hawked around for ridiculous sums of money to desperate clubs. Darren Bent isn't worth half the 18m West Ham bid you're right. That's crazy money. I can't believe they turned it down! They won't get anything like that if they go down in the summer.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Ha! Our singings were laughable. More than that actually, embarrassing. We picked up a foreign full back as cover when the Lucas Neill deal fell through and obviously we look like getting Macarrano as well. :roll: We're on a good run at the minute so it was probably wise not to unsettle the team too much during the transfer window where, as you pointed out, players are hawked around for ridiculous sums of money to desperate clubs. Darren Bent isn't worth half the 18m West Ham bid you're right. That's crazy money. I can't believe they turned it down! They won't get anything like that if they go down in the summer.

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Mascarano... Have Liverpool got FIFA approval to play him yet? I can't see why he wouldn't be able to play, I recall countless player who have gone on loans to more that one team in a season aswell as playing for their own team. I'm pretty sure Reto Ziegler did that for us last season, going on loan to both Hamburg and Wigan. I take it from your reaction you aren't overwhelmed at the signing though...? I guess on area where your squad is pretty strong is centre midfield, with Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko but I still think he is a good player.

Darren Bent is an example of the inflated prices paid for English players, and a club desperate to add players in the January window. In a way I admire the Charlton board for having faith that they can stay up this season, as selling Bent, especially to relegation rivals, would have been to conceed defeat.

Davey Boy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Oh yeah I had forgotten about Mascarano... Have Liverpool got FIFA approval to play him yet? I can't see why he wouldn't be able to play, I recall countless player who have gone on loans to more that one team in a season aswell as playing for their own team. I'm pretty sure Reto Ziegler did that for us last season, going on loan to both Hamburg and Wigan. I take it from your reaction you aren't overwhelmed at the signing though...? I guess on area where your squad is pretty strong is centre midfield, with Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko but I still think he is a good player.

I think he's a proven Premiership flop mate - god only knows why Rafa wants him in our squad as you've mentioned we have ample competition there as it is. Oh and yes, we've been given permission by FIFA but the Premier League have yet to make a decision, but as we submitted the request before the deadline date we can still get him if they approve the move.

Davey Boy wrote:Darren Bent is an example of the inflated prices paid for English players, and a club desperate to add players in the January window. In a way I admire the Charlton board for having faith that they can stay up this season, as selling Bent, especially to relegation rivals, would have been to conceed defeat.

I admire them in a way, althoughAlan Pardew did say at the start of the month that they were looking to sell him in the transfer window as he was injured and they needed to buy a replacement. so not exactly a ringing endorsement of the boy - they just knew if they sold him on deadline day there wouldn't be any chance of spending the money so it seemed pointless. If West Ham had offered that cash at the beginning of January I'm sure they'd have signed him.

Looking forward to the derby tomorrow! We owe everton big time after they turned us over at Goodison earlier in the season (and helped end our title hopes into the bargain). I'm looking for a 3-0 win - Gerrard, Crouch and Kuyt! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Davey Boy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:26 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I think he's a proven Premiership flop mate - god only knows why Rafa wants him in our squad as you've mentioned we have ample competition there as it is. Oh and yes, we've been given permission by FIFA but the Premier League have yet to make a decision, but as we submitted the request before the deadline date we can still get him if they approve the move.

I don't know he could still go on to prove himself once he adjusts to Liverpool and life in the Premiership... On the other hand he could simply slink back to South America or Spain in a year or so.

Beer Necessity wrote:I admire them in a way, althoughAlan Pardew did say at the start of the month that they were looking to sell him in the transfer window as he was injured and they needed to buy a replacement. so not exactly a ringing endorsement of the boy - they just knew if they sold him on deadline day there wouldn't be any chance of spending the money so it seemed pointless. If West Ham had offered that cash at the beginning of January I'm sure they'd have signed him.

I think Pardews reasoning was that Charltons situation required points to be picked up quickly and couldn't afford to be without Bent until March with noone else to score the goals. However as you say they would have no time to buy a replacement if they sold him on deadline day.

Beer Necessity wrote:Looking forward to the derby tomorrow! We owe everton big time after they turned us over at Goodison earlier in the season (and helped end our title hopes into the bargain). I'm looking for a 3-0 win - Gerrard, Crouch and Kuyt! :D

You can never tell with these big derbies but I hope your boys are up for it! We have Man Utd at home, and it's going to be one hell of a tough match. Our record against the Big 4 is appalling, Chelski victory aside. The situation is made worse by the fact King has been ruled out for another two months, which is very bad news for us, especially as we haven't won since he last played for us on Boxing Day. I really worry about him as I hear he need pain killing injections for his knee before every match and he constantly picks up niggling injuries. A shame as he and Dawson are one of the best defensive partnerships in the league IMO.

Davey Boy

Postby scrambled_eggs » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
Davey Boy wrote:Oh yeah I had forgotten about Mascarano... Have Liverpool got FIFA approval to play him yet? I can't see why he wouldn't be able to play, I recall countless player who have gone on loans to more that one team in a season aswell as playing for their own team. I'm pretty sure Reto Ziegler did that for us last season, going on loan to both Hamburg and Wigan. I take it from your reaction you aren't overwhelmed at the signing though...? I guess on area where your squad is pretty strong is centre midfield, with Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko but I still think he is a good player.

I think he's a proven Premiership flop mate - god only knows why Rafa wants him in our squad as you've mentioned we have ample competition there as it is. Oh and yes, we've been given permission by FIFA but the Premier League have yet to make a decision, but as we submitted the request before the deadline date we can still get him if they approve the move.

Davey Boy wrote:Darren Bent is an example of the inflated prices paid for English players, and a club desperate to add players in the January window. In a way I admire the Charlton board for having faith that they can stay up this season, as selling Bent, especially to relegation rivals, would have been to conceed defeat.

I admire them in a way, althoughAlan Pardew did say at the start of the month that they were looking to sell him in the transfer window as he was injured and they needed to buy a replacement. so not exactly a ringing endorsement of the boy - they just knew if they sold him on deadline day there wouldn't be any chance of spending the money so it seemed pointless. If West Ham had offered that cash at the beginning of January I'm sure they'd have signed him.

Looking forward to the derby tomorrow! We owe everton big time after they turned us over at Goodison earlier in the season (and helped end our title hopes into the bargain). I'm looking for a 3-0 win - Gerrard, Crouch and Kuyt! :D

Haha, yet another Liverpool fan not from Liverpool, BN? :wink:

I think you'll do us, but we'll see.

Off to bed, early start tomorrow, pre match drinks then a short walk to analfield. :wink:

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!
scrambled_eggs

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 am

scrambled_eggs wrote:Haha, yet another Liverpool fan not from Liverpool, BN? :wink:

Yeah, I have to admit, although my grandad was a Liverpudlian I can't really cling to that as justification for my allegiance seeing as he died in 1966! I watched the Reds win the European cup on telly in the late seventies as a young boy and I was hooked. A familiar tale probably, but I don't think I'm half as bad as those cockney Manc supporters! :lol:

scrambled_eggs wrote:I think you'll do us, but we'll see.

Me too! As Kelsey might sing, I hear the blues a callin' for your boys! :wink:

scrambled_eggs wrote:Off to bed, early start tomorrow, pre match drinks then a short walk to analfield. :wink:

I envy you. The last time I went some young scally wanted a quid to make sure my car didn't get a screwdriver down the side of it. Cheek!

scrambled_eggs wrote:COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

Come on lads, don't let me down now we have another Blue Nose on the board - I chased the last one out of here by sheer force of gloating after our 2005 Champions League triumph! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:23 am

Davey Boy wrote:You can never tell with these big derbies but I hope your boys are up for it! We have Man Utd at home, and it's going to be one hell of a tough match. Our record against the Big 4 is appalling, Chelski victory aside. The situation is made worse by the fact King has been ruled out for another two months, which is very bad news for us, especially as we haven't won since he last played for us on Boxing Day. I really worry about him as I hear he need pain killing injections for his knee before every match and he constantly picks up niggling injuries. A shame as he and Dawson are one of the best defensive partnerships in the league IMO.

Good luck against Man U Davey, I'd love to see them get pegged back a bit. I don't have any realistic hopes of challenging this year, I think that boat has sailed, but it would be great to get a little bit closer.

Yes, Dawson and King would be up there if they could keep fit all season. Ledley is particularly worrying as you say, I hope he doesn't become a permanent crock as I think he could have plenty to offer at international level too.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:44 pm

Liverpool v Everton was a big dull dud of a game. I'm watching the Charlton v Chelsea game at the moment and it's pretty much going as expected. Good lampard goal. Chelsea look comfortable.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion