Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

For the Soft Drink connoisseur...

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

For the Soft Drink connoisseur...

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon May 23, 2005 9:49 pm

I have a special fondness for most soft drinks, and was wondering which ones were the most popular:

Which do you prefer? Coke or Pepsi? I myself enjoy both equally, although I drink more coke because that's what my mother buys. But I like them both, I don't really like one or the other. I also like Orange and Lemon Fanta, Lemonade, Sprite, 7-UP, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew (a US soft drink.)

I didn't really like Root Beer, though, and if I had to choose a least favourite out of those, it would either be Sprite or Dr. Pepper.

So...which of these soft drinks are the most popular on here? Or have we all moved on to classier stuff, leaving more Bee Gees Fan in the dust?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Re: For the Soft Drink connoisseur...

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon May 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Pepsi or coke, really don't care

*newsflash* they are basically the same

i like cloudy lemonade, and that lemonade which is really lemony
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mappeal » Mon May 23, 2005 10:12 pm

Coke! But only when it's mixed with J.D
Mappeal

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue May 24, 2005 9:44 am

Lol Mappeal. Coke is always better with Malibu [:];-)[/:]
Sideshow Meg

Postby gwennie » Tue May 24, 2005 1:34 pm

LOL, BGF, you are sure drinking a lot of soda! Do you ever try the diet version with Splenda. It's awesome.

I'm more of a Pepsi gal myself, and I do enjoy Mountain Dew as well on occasion. I find Coke to be a bit more biting than Pepsi, which is sweeter in taste.
gwennie

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue May 24, 2005 1:47 pm

Mountain dew, was addicted to that when we went skiing in California. Me, Helen and Natassia went out and bought loads of food, including Oreos with green filling
Sideshow Meg

Postby Wezzo » Tue May 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Fanta (all kinds), cream soda, cloudy lemonade :)
Wezzo

Postby gwennie » Tue May 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Meg, you must have been there for St. Patrick's Day when they had the green filled Oreos. They have now come out with peanut butter filled Oreos. Haven't tried them myself, but I may just have to go out and get me some.

What about M&M's?? anyone have them?
gwennie

Postby jrsightes » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:25 am

MEGA-BUMP, (last post was 4 1/2 years ago), and a tip of my hat to BGF for a fantastic thread.

I love carbonated soft drinks (hereafter referred to as "pop," as we call it in this part of the US).

If the choice is between Pepsi and Coke, I will choose Coke any day. However, if we expand the selection to include all pop, Mountain Dew (a Pepsi product) is the clear winner. When looking strictly at diet pop (which is all I've been drinking for the last few years), I've found that Diet Mountain Dew has the least diet-pop-y taste of any of them, followed closely by Diet A&W root beer.

When I became a broke college student, I switched to off-brand pop, and I've found that Kroger has the best selection and prices where that is concerned. 79 cents for a two-liter is not bad at all. Wal-Mart and Meijer are both 89 cents, and neither has the selection that Kroger offers.

When I was in high school, the lunchline carried this wonderful new invention: carbonated fruit juice. It was a product called The Switch, and came in a variety of 100% juice cocktails that had been carbonated. It was absolutely wonderful, but I haven't seen it sold commercially anywhere---I've looked in every grocery store in our area. Has anyone seen this product on the market? I haven't had a Switch since I graduated in '07, and man do I miss it.
jrsightes

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:02 pm

jrsightes wrote:MEGA-BUMP, (last post was 4 1/2 years ago), and a tip of my hat to BGF for a fantastic thread.

Thank you jrsightes! I remember starting this thread, all those years ago.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:10 pm

I just went to the Coca-Cola factory in Atlanta, so I got to be in that room where you can try every single Coke product from around the world.

Should anyone go take my advice and STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE DRINK CALLED "BEVERLY." DO NOT APPROACH. DO NOT PUT A CUP UNDER IT AND DO NOT PUT THAT CUP TO YOUR LIPS. IT IS A WORD OF SUFFERING THAT YOU ARE NOT READY FOR.
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:28 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I just went to the Coca-Cola factory in Atlanta, so I got to be in that room where you can try every single Coke product from around the world.

Should anyone go take my advice and STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE DRINK CALLED "BEVERLY." DO NOT APPROACH. DO NOT PUT A CUP UNDER IT AND DO NOT PUT THAT CUP TO YOUR LIPS. IT IS A WORD OF SUFFERING THAT YOU ARE NOT READY FOR.

Even the name sounds bad! Why would you name a drink Beverly? Beverly is a stupid name!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Fucking Italians! No wonder there's so much bloodshed in that country! I know I felt like putting an axe in someone's forehead after drinking that vile crap.
barnaclelapse

Postby Lil » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 am

barnaclelapse wrote:Fucking Italians! No wonder there's so much bloodshed in that country! I know I felt like putting an axe in someone's forehead after drinking that vile crap.

:shock:

Prepare to see a fish at your doorstep tomorrow morning.
Lil

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Bring it, sucka. 8-)
barnaclelapse

Postby jrsightes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:41 am

HUZZAH! I found The Switch! It was right under my nose the whole time, in the juice aisle at Kroger. They just don't carry huge volumes of it, so the display is small and easy to miss. It's incredibly expensive---$3.99 for four 8-oz. cans, but it's worth it. This stuff is amazing.
jrsightes

Postby tenpercenter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm

to hell with soft drink, you cant beat ice tea!
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:42 pm

:twisted: I saw part of a documentry on Coca Cola a few weeks ago.

Jeeziz, if Hitler really wanted to take over the world he should have gone into the fizzy drinks biz.
They interviewed this company PR woman and she was talking about how much coke is consummed in how many contries every day, every hour, every minute, it was mind boggling.
Then she went on about how coke was planning to progress and how many cokes would be getting drunk per minute in 10 years time.
I found she came over pretty damn disturbing. I felt like the program should have been shot by Leni Riefenstahl, everyone should have been wearing jackboots, and there should have been much more Wagner involved.

Talking about nazis and soft drinks, did you know that Fanta was invented in Germany during the war because they couldn't get the ingredients for Coke Cola and had to come up with an alternative to produce at the Coke Cola plant?

And going back to Coke, it's the number 1 drink in every western country (among other parts of the world) except one.

Care to take a guess?

Spoiler: show
Scotland.

It would seem that the Scottish with their strong sense of national pride and identity have resisted the foreign invader and the king of soft drinks in that country is the home grown Irn Bru.

Naturally Coke is trying to change this.

And that is all the interesting comments I have to make on the subject "soft drinks". :D
Last edited by Forever Jung on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:41 pm

:lol: All true. Was it stand-up comedian/political activist, Mark Thomas's, Dispatches doc from a few years back that you were watching? He followed it up with a book called Belching Out the Devil: Global Adventures with Coca-Cola. Very interesting. He did publicise Coca Cola GmbH's collaborations with the Nazi regime.

i'd suspect any long-established corporation could be found to have ties to undesirable regimes (even simply through purchased subsidiaries, third-parties and whatnot) somewhere along the line.

I remember years ago that he talked about attending a conference about corporate responsibility, where a McDonald's legal spokesman was criticising Coca Cola's ethical practices (i kid you not) :lol:

I don't drink Coke, but not for any anti-Coke reason, as i do drink other products of theirs.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I am aware that Coca-Cola's ethical record is often questioned, and some of the things I've heard about them are pretty horrible. However, I am addicted to their product. I begrudge giving them £600 per year, but I am (choose from the following list):

- too weak willed,
- too naive,
- too uncaring,
- too morally corrupt,
- all of the above

.... to make any serious attempt to give it up.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::lol: All true. Was it stand-up comedian/political activist, Mark Thomas's, Dispatches doc from a few years back that you were watching? He followed it up with a book called Belching Out the Devil: Global Adventures with Coca-Cola. Very interesting. He did publicise Coca Cola GmbH's collaborations with the Nazi regime.

:twisted: If I remember correctly, the program wasn't just about Coke, it was about high street brands that are designed to have a significant appeal to the consumer (although what is wrong with that still puzzles me slightly as doesn't everybody with something to sell want their product to be desirable? But the Coke woman still scares me).
They covered Coke, McDonalds, Starbucks, stuff like that.

Moon-Crane wrote:i'd suspect any long-established corporation could be found to have ties to undesirable regimes (even simply through purchased subsidiaries, third-parties and whatnot) somewhere along the line.

This is true.
Mitzubishi used to make Kamakaze planes :shock: :lol:

Moon-Crane wrote:I remember years ago that he talked about attending a conference about corporate responsibility, where a McDonald's legal spokesman was criticising Coca Cola's ethical practices (i kid you not) :lol:

I read in the paper recently that there are now more obese people in the world than starving.
Seems to me (and i'm not exactly sure how much i'm joking here) the solution to world hunger would be more McDonalds and Coke Cola in poorer countries.

Give a man some grain and he'll eat, give him a quarterpounder meal with coke (and supersize that thank you very much) and you've got a fat bastard on your hands before you know it.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby tenpercenter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 pm

love love v!
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 pm

That's actually a good idea FJ run for primeminister I'll vote!!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm

I like root beer. That's really about it.

Most the times I drink soda also involves liquor.
barnaclelapse

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:30 am

anyone had mizone water?
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Return to Off Topic Discussion