Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Brit Killed in Qatar

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Brit Killed in Qatar

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:59 pm

I do not mean to stir up the whole 'islam' thing or a flame war here before i begin!

But you all must have heard about the brit killed in Qatar by the egyptian, and Qatar was previously a gulf state untouched by terrorism....i am shocked by this attack for one.

I had a relative and knew people in Saudi Arabia, and i think many brits and westerners have left that country, but this attack in a gulf state represents a new phenomenon. Up until now the UAE and Qatar have been safe places, if Al Qaeda targets the expat community in these countries it could be bad. Already the UAE has condemned the Qatar attack, I have visited the UAE twice and wouldnt like to see a terrorist attack there against anyone, also i know a girl who works there for emirates airlines.

My point is, targeting western targets is one thing, but there are innocent people who happen to be westerners working out there, just making a living , and i think its terrible that they have to live and work in fear because of the few.

More security, more a crackdown on terror, more safety for them.....Fortunately the security here in China is good.

Thoughts on this (again i dont see it as a flaming post)
Richard

Return to Off Topic Discussion