Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Which song best reflects your personality?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Which song best reflects your personality?

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:28 pm

I may end up offending a few people here *ducks for cover* but from what I've gleaned from the most regular poster's characters I have compiled the following list:-

(sorry if I've missed anyone! [:]:-)[/:] )

Sideshow Meg - Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus) - Sounds a bit insulting but it's not meant as a slight on Meg's character, I can just imagine her rocking around her room to this song [:]:-)[/:]

Bee Gees Fan - I Am The Walrus (Beatles) - Need I say more? Queen's "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and Cypress Hill's "Insane in the Brain" were also strong contenders!

Rob - Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (Queen) - Or so he'd like you to think! Ding dong!

Jocelyn - I Love Life (Pulp) - Reflects Jocelyn's Joie de Vivre, and I know she likes Pulp.

ToffeeGirl - Theme From 'Z' Cars - Do Everton still come out of the tunnel to this?

Marty - That's Amore (Dean Martin) - A suave, smooth talking American, just like Deano!

Phil - Anarchy in the UK (Sex Pistols) - I bet you were a punk rocker in the 70's Phil, right?

Richard - No One Likes Us, We Don't Care (Football chant, usually heard at Millwall FC) But I think you're growing on us Richard!

Gwennie - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cindi Lauper) - just about sums Gwennie up I reckon.

Again, apologies to those I've missed. I probably just couldn't think of a good song for you! [:]:-)[/:]
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Re: Which song best reflects your personality?

Postby marty » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Good job BN...as for me, I would also add Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" for a couple of reasons....first, I do a lot of running, and second, I have always been a huge Springsteen fan (we are both from the state of New Jersey-though I've lived in Massachusetts for 30 years) and have a sentimental attachment to his music....

In any event, a great thread and it will be interesting to see what the others have to say as for you!!
marty

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:55 pm

A Springsteen fan eh? You're a true American Marty! I love the Streets of Philadelphia, and Born To Run's a classic. I don't think he's ever had a US #1 in the singles chart has he (but holds the record for most #2's!)

Good call, Marty.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:10 pm

As soon as started to read the post from BN; I immediately thought of Marty and 'The Boss' most apt, although I can also see him as a smooth operator from the 'Rat Pack'!!
I'm quite content with your choice for me BN, although less happy with the sarcy quip!!!!, at least you didn't pick 'Dancing Queen'!!![:]:-))[/:]
I still think my life is most reflected by Violent Femmes especially 'Ate it Up' or 'Country Death Song' I may be jolly on the outside but it does cover a twisted angst ridden innerself! Maybe something from Sisters Of Mercy or The Cult may also suit!!

I'm still thinking of one for yourself BN?!! Maybe "Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll"
Richard:- "Shutuppa your Face"!![:]:-))[/:]
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Good choices Rob, I especially liked your Richard song! If I'd have thought of Joe Dolce's 'classic' Shuduppa Your Face I'd have picked that instead!

I know you have a dark side Rob, we've discussed our mutual admiration for Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit before. As for me, I don't know. I'm hoping that someone can come up with a song slightly more flattering than "Bear Necessity" that BGF said reminded her of me (and thus gave me the idea for this thread). On reflection, I suppose I am a bit like that big hairy Baloo...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:33 pm

Thanks BN, but I'm not really like that, perhaps its just the way I come off here. I prefer a Blondie song...I think it's called "Dreamin..." though maybe I'm wrong about it. I am always dreaming of things that I hope were meant to be, though they may not always come true.
gwennie

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:47 pm

So, one for Gwennie?? She's 29, lives in US, but likes drinking Beer, Bloody Mary and eats English muffins and also likes Blondie?? {so maybe an English band or artist required} She states that she is a bit of a dreamer and maybe quite deep, but we all think she's great fun and very witty? I also get a gut feeling that she is also a bit of a beaudascious babe!

So sum that up in a song title. Maybe Beatles: Daydream Believer...'home coming Queen![:]:-))[/:]
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:51 pm

'Daydream Believer' was actually by the US 'version' of the Beatles, The Monkeys. I take your point though Rob, that's a good Gwennie song. I nearly picked a Blondie song Gwennie! I would have been right on the mark with that one.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Honest, I just rushed back to here as I realised my mistake, but you're too quick for me BN! Having said that there must be a Beatles song about dreaming and fun-loving!
Rodge

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:08 pm

I'm actually 34 years old, not 29 and I'm hardly "beaudascious"...
gwennie

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:13 pm

Ah, now I understand your "I'm never turning 30!" remark. You had me fooled Gwennie, I thought you really were 29. Don't mind Rob, he says that to all the girls (whilst swishing around a glass of brandy, dressed in his smoking jacket and puffing a cigar....)

Sorry Rob, I just like the image! [:]:-))[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Sorry Gwennie, but you are wrong. Remember, you said that you would never get to 30. You are the'Peter Pan' of this forum. So you must be 29![:]:-))[/:]
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:16 pm

I like that image BN, where can I get it!!?
Rodge

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:26 pm

No, I am truly 34 unfort. I remember my mom always telling people that she was "39" when I knew full well she was older. I asked her where that came from, and she said the old comedian, Jack Benny, made a living out of telling people he was "39" when clearly older. I just adapted that for myself, "choosing" to remain at 29...LOL...wish it were so...sorry to disappoint (now I need to oil by old muscles.)
gwennie

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:32 pm

You're 'oiling up your muscles' are you Gwennie? I can hear a "Ding Dong" from Rob as I speak!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:35 pm

I didn't mean it "that way" BN...it was just a joke referring to my age. I'm not like "that" really, please don't.
gwennie

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:39 pm

Rob - a Beatles song about day-dreaming and fun...I would recommend "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

BN - I love your choice for me! That's actually one of my favourite Beatles songs.

Post Edited (02-28-05 16:39)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:41 pm

I clearly had too much to drink the other day when I was posting and am embarrassed by it...[:]:-([/:]
gwennie

Postby Shoryuken » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Oh forget about it, Ive said and done far worse when Im drunk, both online and offline ;)
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best (1946-2005)
Shoryuken

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:52 pm

You're amongst friends here Gwennie, please don't be worried about what WE think!!!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Gwennie, I think your a star, great fun and you have lifted us up.. (on this forum)......'where the eagles fly over mountains high'! (just to keep the thread going).

and as Shory has said and BN will confirm this forum can make people do and say far, far, far more embarrassing things and I am one of the biggest culprits!

Post Edited (02-28-05 17:11)
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:17 pm

"You lift me up, whoa-oh, you lift me up to the higher gound" - Thompson Twins!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:18 pm

You see Gwennie, it was embarrassing me knowing that! (And knowing who sang "Shuduppa your face! [:]:-))[/:] )
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:20 pm

To Beer Necessity:-[:]}:-(([/:] I am getting a little concerned now young-man. You seem to have an image of me as Lesley Phillips, with your ding donging and smoking jacket!!!! I can assure you that I am not anything like.....ah bollocks who am I kidding?!! He is actually my Dad who dumped me with my Mum when I was wee bairn?[:]NUT[/:]
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:21 pm

Hey BN, in hindsight and compared to modern chart music the 'Twins' were a class act!![:]NUT[/:]

Post Edited (02-28-05 17:23)
Rodge

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion