Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Contemplation...

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Contemplation...

Postby gwennie » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:06 pm

Ok, here's another new topic...where do you go to "get away from it all" and just contemplate life...

I like to go to a local park near my condo that has a nice arboretum and a lovely pond with paths about it where I can walk and get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It is especially serene in the winter after a snowfall when one can actually "experience" the quiet and solitude. It is a great place to just be by oneself and think about, oh whatever comes to mind.
gwennie

Re: Contemplation...

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:47 pm

I usually try a bit of meditation in my bedroom...I try to slip into alternate realities where all of the television characters that I like are real. Yesterday, I managed to do it for about ten minutes in the library at school, during a free period. I stared straight ahead, blanked out reality, and managed to get into Cheers, where I introduced myself to everyone and then returned to "my" reality. And I'm not joking - it really happened.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby gwennie » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:05 pm

Yes, I can "see" it BGF...I do that as well, except not with TV characters...I imagine I'm a beautiful swan all alone in the pond without a care in the world...
gwennie

Postby marty » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:11 pm

I do a lot of running and like to run on town-owned conservation land near my house where I can run the trails, take in the scenery and just "lose" myself while I work out. Unfort. its hard this time of year with all our snowfall, so I run the main roads and try to sidestep the cars, trucks, etc. Makes me long for spring and the hope of warmer weather.
marty

Postby Rodge » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:22 pm

"Why don't you just use the can, like normal people" Good point Martin!!!!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby gwennie » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:54 pm

Ah Rob, very "subtle" indeed. Typical male reaction, using the can for the contemplation of life.
gwennie

Postby Shoryuken » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:55 pm

Theres a bench up on the common (about a 10 min walk from here) that has an amazing view over Sheffield. You can see for well over 30 miles on a clear day from there, as its about a quarter of a mile above the city centre (which is itself about 4 or 5 miles away), on top of a big hill. Kinda makes you feel small.

I keep threatening to buy a digicam and take a pic but alas other things draw on my money (pub) ;)
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best (1946-2005)
Shoryuken

Postby gwennie » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:05 pm

That sounds lovely Shoryuken, much nice than Rob's haunt. I'd save for the digicam though as you only live once...then again, the pub sounds nice as well.[:]:-)[/:]
gwennie

Postby Rodge » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:03 pm

Come on now Gwennie, I've already shown myself to be soppy with the Valentines Thread! If I then went on to tell you about a "Symonds Yat" viewpoint overlooking meadows and streams, you would be wondering if Rob may be short for Roberta!!! I gotta get my macho bullshit fix in every now and then. I actually spend my 'can' time doing the Times crossword!! The aim to finish the crossword first!!...sorry to much information.
My main contemplation takes place lying on the ground in a nearby field in the dark, staring at the stars with Pink Floyd 'Wish you were Here' playing in the background, more than likely smoking something gooooooood!![:]8-)[/:] and generally chilling.

Post Edited (02-23-05 17:33)
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Sideshow Meg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:41 pm

My bedroom. I put on some 'angry' music very loudly or when I'm home alone curl up in a big jumper and watch feel good television
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby gwennie » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:05 pm

It will be the start of the weekend here soon enough...the days are getting longer and there is a bit less of a chill in the air...what type of weekend things do any of you have planned? A cousin of mine whom I'm close to is coming in later tonight for the weekend...we always have fun together and I'm looking forward to seeing her.
gwennie

Postby Phil Branch » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:25 pm

My little lad is three tomorrow, and as a celebration well be doing what we did for our first son's 3rd, and take him to the 'Hard Rock cafe' in London for lunch!...so it will be a great weekend.

It means that I'll miss the Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday match but I've got to get my priorities right!
Phil Branch

Postby gwennie » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:38 pm

Way to go Phil, you def. have your priorities right, these years go by so quickly...you must be very proud.
gwennie

Postby Phil Branch » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:12 pm

I am indeed Gwennie. He wont be out of place at the Hard rock cafe, he's already a Green Day fan and merrily sings along to 'American Idiot'...not all of the words I hasten to add!

My other lad who's coming up to 9 is about to start guitar lessons. No doubt sooner or later they'll probably both rebel and become lawyers or accountants![:]:-))[/:]
Phil Branch

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 pm

I love the Hard rock Cafe, always have. I went to the one in LA in '99, have a hat from the one in Rome from when my parents went (without us), have been to the one in London and recently went twice to the one in Lake Tahoe and bought a cool t-shirt, although overestimated the sizes as a medium would suffice as a dress for me as it is longer than I anticipated
Sideshow Meg

Postby gwennie » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:17 pm

Sitting here with my cousin and she's having a blast reading the threads...she wasn't much of a Frasier fan though, but I've gotten her into it last night as we watched about 10 eps I have on video, going through the ads shortens them considerably. Later we're off to do some shopping, grab some lunch then maybe hit a movie later on...[:]:-)[/:]
gwennie

Postby Phil Branch » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:27 am

Great day at the Hard Rock Cafe, the birthday cake ceremony, expertly orchestrated by the waitresses, was carried out as Bohemian Rhapsody was playing on the Videobox, and my lads left with their faces painted like Kiss!...One Gene and one Ace![:]:-))[/:]
Phil Branch

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:37 am

That is so cute! Wow, I never got that at lake tahoe. Can I be Madonna? I could just see myself in that pointy bra
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:43 am

^ Meg, Meg, Meg, you mean you don't want to be me? [:]:-)[/:]

I've been in a Hard Rock Cafe as well...that was in Nashville. I also spent a wonderful few hours in a library in Nashville; it was HUGE.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:46 am

Of course I would want to be you, but wouldn't you. Nashville library sounds cool
Sideshow Meg

Return to Off Topic Discussion