Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Three minutes!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Three minutes!!

Postby Ali 75 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:16 am

Yep, bet they will too. I don't like giving C4 any praise, but I reckon they knew exactly what they were doing as far as 'Joey' was concerned. I was stunned when they let C5 outbid them considering how well Friends did, but even NBC seem to be getting the jitters about it. Time will tell I suppose.
Ali 75

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:03 pm

Can anyone update me on Desperate Housewives from Wednesday, I missed it
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:49 pm

Another Episode down and another 3 "laugh out louds"! No complaints from me so far![:]:-))[/:]
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby David F » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:31 am

Hi
I agree with Rob, no complaints so far. I have seen the first four episodes of this show on Dvd and they are great fun (next week is very good as well). If tv executives had there way there would have only been one series of Only Fools And Horses and Blackadder. When Cheers started it was 77 out of 77 tv shows, by the end of its 11 year run it was the no:1 tv show in America. I wish Joey all the luck in the future.
David F

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Well compared to some of the crap we get continually cluttering up our screens I have to say that 'Joey' so far is far superior. Changing rooms has been on TV for at least 5 years and thats just bollocks!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:11 pm

Sorry, just haven't gotten into Joey. (figuratively, not literally). I wasn't all that keen on Friends either, espec. Jennifer Aniston who is IMO just a bit of a trampy girl.
gwennie

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:22 pm

The problem with Friends IMO was that characters which seemed fresh and funny in the first 2 seasons quickly became annoying and tiresome from Season 3 onwards. Whenever I did catch an episode the writers had turned Chandler, who was previously my hero, into a total wimp! I don't know how people stuck with it for 10 years, and I certainly don't think there was enough life left in 'Joey' to give him his own series. Maybe I'm wrong and should just give the show a chance, but whenever I did this with Friends I was seriously dissapointed.

Give Matthew Perry his own show and maybe I'll watch...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:25 pm

I missed it because I was away and last night I was regailing my family with stories of being trapped under chairlifts. I was happy to see that 5 snapped up 'Two and half men' (first series-seen it though) and even happier to see it returning for a second series to Paramount tomorrow!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:50 pm

^ Trapped under chairlifts? [:]:-O[/:] It sounds like you've had quite a traumatising time, Meg! Would you elaborate on that? Were you being chased by international spies and the only place to hide was under a chairlift? Or were you being chased by a security guard who thought you were shoplifting? Or were the police after you for jaywalking...?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Nothing as interesting. I was standing in the queue for the chairlift when, due to a lack of space, I tripped over my skis and got caught underneath the chairlift that moved over me
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:04 pm

Meg, have you ever thought that maybe you're a bit accident-prone? [:]NUT[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Really? The thought never occured(!). Another skier crashed into me, poking me with his pole and then inconsiderabley skied off. However this unfortuante incident made me rant to my friends in a monologue fashion and when they laughed made me consider stand up comedy
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:07 pm

He "poked you with his pole" did he?? Those activities are normally reserved for the apres ski Meg, not during! You're sounding more and more like Roz young lady [:]:-))[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:15 pm

His fast skiing caused his pole (his skiing pole) to be hit into my arm (which was very painful). Darren, you have a innuendo filled mind
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:28 pm

Please forgive me. It's a non stop diet of 'Carry On' films when growing up. There's still nothing funnier than Carry on Camping after a night in the pub [:]:-))[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:35 pm

I suppose. What with all the whistle, what is a boy to do? (!)
Sideshow Meg

Postby Ali 75 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:43 am

'Joey' did indeed suffer a drop in viewership, it got 2.9 million viewers, a drop of 1.6 million. That's still pretty good for C5 though. I think they'd only panic if it dropped below 2 million.
Ali 75

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion