Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Super Bowl

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Super Bowl

Postby marty » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Thank you very much TG[:]:-)[/:] While I look forward to the game itself, I am also extremely interested in the halftime show and will have the VCR tape at the ready to capture that as well.
marty

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:39 am

FINAL SCORE...

PATRIOTS 24
EAGLES 21

PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:]:-))[/:][:]:-))[/:][:]:-))[/:][:]:-))[/:]

[:]:-}[/:][:]:-}[/:][:]:-}[/:][:]:-}[/:]
marty

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:11 am

Congrats Marty. History is rewritten!
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Phil Branch » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:52 am

Congratulations Marty!

Isn't that the third time in four years that they have won it?[:]DRINK[/:]
Phil Branch

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Yes, three championships in the past four years, a truly remarkable run!!

Did any of you see the game? The halftime show with Paul McCartney was great.
marty

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:52 pm

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

[:]:-))[/:]

MAJORLY GLAD THEY WON!!!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:26 pm

Thank you Meg...we're all very happy over here with the championship, there'll be a parade in Boston tomorrow as well.[:]:-)[/:]

Paul McCartney was tremendous, or as you folks would say, "fab".
gwennie

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:28 pm

Yes Meg, it was great....so Gwennie, you're a Pats fan as well?
marty

Postby gwennie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:29 pm

Yes...I like the Pats though I'm in Chicago...my brother lives in Boston and he roots for them all the time...[:]:-))[/:]
gwennie

Postby Ade » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:30 pm

It was funny this morning on Brit breakfast TV (GMTV) when they reported the Superbowl, they were only interested in showing a small bit of Maccas show, they didn't announce the result, I only found out the score on coming into work by clicking on here and seeing Marty's announcement.

Well done guys!
Ade

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:31 pm

Nice...well hopefully the weather will hold out for the celebration, though I don't think there will be a parade this year from what I've heard...
marty

Postby ToffeeGirl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:52 pm

Well done the Patriots, I am pleased for you Marty it’s been a good sporting year around your way.

Missed McCartney though, I am such a lightweight only lasted till 1 am. What songs did he perform?
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free"
ToffeeGirl

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Hey TG....yes, it was a great finish for the Patriots and a truly remarkable run of three championships in the past four seasons.

Let's see...he sang: Drive My Car, another Beatles song that I forget (old age there), a Wings song (Live and Let Die) and finished with Hey Jude...they had handed out colored placards to the fans and when shown they spelled out "Na na na na...Hey Jude" quite impressive...

Can't blame you for not staying up, the game dragged on and on with all the commercials, more than ever before...I'll be about later[:]:-)[/:]
marty

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:10 pm

Ah..."Hey Jude"...that's the song that got me into the Beatles. I was eleven years old in Year Seven at secondary school, and I heard it on the radio, and couldn't get it out of my head...

Some kids at school today were talking about the Super Bowl. I was ready to announce that the Patriots were the winners, but one of them warned everyone not to say anything about the game, as he'd taped it. So I kept my mouth shut (which I'm very adept at. I'm very quiet at school.)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, I'm sitting here eating some lunch and racking my brain about the fourth song Sir Paul sang as it escaped my rather oldish brain, so I did the next best thing and went to the Super Bowl website and sure enough, the songs were listed...the fourth was a bit of a surprise..."Get Back"...
marty

Postby marty » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:17 pm

Good going BGF...your parents are probably contemporaries of mine (I'm in my late 40s) so they must have grown up with the Beatles as did I...Hey Jude is a true classic in every sense of the word and the Beatles are still very popular here, even with my sons who are 15 and 12....

I know it's hard to keep quiet about a game or match that's already been completed, espec. the Super Bowl...sort of like the World Cup Final...hard to keep it a secret.
marty

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:21 pm

'Hey Jude' has a scary memory for me. I was 13, in France with my cousins on holiday. On our campsite (we had a caravan, not a tent thank God, I have done Duke Of Edinburgh and I am NOT a countryside person!) and we stumbled across a karaoke bar. After several highly alcoholic cocktails, my uncle and a drunk irish woman were dancing and singing (terribly) to 'Hey jude'...I cannot hear that song without thinking of that!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:41 am

On our campsite (we had a caravan, not a tent thank God, I have done Duke Of Edinburgh and I am NOT a countryside person!)

I despair for future generations.

And to think our soldiers rough it for your freedom ......
Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:16 am

But on a lighter note meg, the beatles are a good group and Hey Jude is a great song.
Richard

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:26 am

Here we go again!

"To think out soldiers rough it for your freedom"

For 'OUR' freedom!!!! NO:- because Tony Blair decided to arse-lick George Bush. Bring 'em back to luxury as far as I am concerned.
Rodge

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:32 am

"I despair for future generations."

But what's wrong with not being a fan of the great outdoors? I've always preferred staying indoors myself. While I respect the fact that the British army is, for the most part, a hard-working lot who probably do have to live in conditions that are not always of great quality some of the time, and I respect them for doing that, I don't think it means that other people should enjoy it. And besides, I can be a bit of a danger when I'm outside too much. I daydream so much I sometimes forget to watch the road for cars.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:02 am

What heros these soldiers are, I assume from Richard making these comments that such men/women did not make the choice to be a soldier and they don't get paid for it? Otherwise as far as I'm concerned thay are just doing the job that they chose to do. They are no more heros to me than Doctors, Nurses and Care-workers, at least these people are doing something the majority of public want them to do. (if we had not gone to war they may have more money to allow them to do their jobs even better).
And why do you fear for future generations just because Meg does not like the outdoors! Just remember that you teach future generations. With your views and opinions that scares the shit out of me more than the fact that some youngster does not like outdoor life. She could become the next Nobel Prize winner even with such a disability as disliking the outdoors, you know it is allowed!
Rodge

Postby marty » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:16 pm

So Richard is about again to chastise the younger crowd...perhaps he should heed such sage advice as to "judge not, lest others judge ye."
marty

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:51 pm

Very well put Marty, you're earning the title of the 'Wiseman' of this site. Maybe you are the Oracle!!!
Rodge

Postby marty » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Thanks Rob, but I'm hardly an oracle...people should just treat one another as they would want to be treated (yes, it's "trite" but true) and my experience is that those who are sarcastic and hurtfully cruel towards others are that way due to their being treated as such at some earlier time. But they have to break the "cycle" at some point....
marty

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion