Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

British Politics

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: British Politics

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri May 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I was very undecided about AV. A 'no' vote, as I saw it, would be in the Tory's benefit, and being anti-Tory as I am, I was sceptical about voting no. But a 'yes' vote wouldn't necessarily be a good thing either. It may benefit the Lib Dems (if I absolutely had to swear allegiance to a particular party, that's who it would be) but it could possibly benefit the BNP too. A very difficult decision, and I'm still not sure whether I voted the right way.

That's a proper politicians comment ;) You bothered about saying which way you voted? :D

I generally vote LibDem, but my vote this time was nothing to do with any national protest vote against them being in bed with the Tory party. I just want our town sorted out and they're completely screwing up on local transport policy in my opinion.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri May 06, 2011 5:30 pm

:lol: Genuine mistake, I didn't intentionally not say! I voted 'yes'.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri May 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Dorset Girl wrote::lol: Genuine mistake, I didn't intentionally not say! I voted 'yes'.

:D I guessed you probably had. Just seen the AV results on the news. Pretty much two-thirds saying no.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 am

Very interested in the SNP's thrashing of Labour in Scotland. It means they'll get a referendum on independence sometime this Parliament. I hope that goes through. Alex Salmond is convinced Scotland will be a much richer country if it can keep its entire North Sea Oil revenue - he doesn't seem to realise we've been draining those oil lakes for the last 40 years and there's bugger-all left :lol:

I'll also be glad to see the back of the Barnett formula - no wonder they can afford to offer free prescriptions for all and a much more generous state pension :x
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu May 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Very interested in the SNP's thrashing of Labour in Scotland. It means they'll get a referendum on independence sometime this Parliament. I hope that goes through. Alex Salmond is convinced Scotland will be a much richer country if it can keep its entire North Sea Oil revenue - he doesn't seem to realise we've been draining those oil lakes for the last 40 years and there's bugger-all left :lol:

I'll also be glad to see the back of the Barnett formula - no wonder they can afford to offer free prescriptions for all and a much more generous state pension :x

Been thinking the same. It's a bit of a 'be careful what you wish for' moment in scotland. I reckon even Salmond's been caught on the hop - he's actually got to deliver on all his spouting now. Any Scots i know, don't particularly want to be independent.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Been thinking the same. It's a bit of a 'be careful what you wish for' moment in scotland. I reckon even Salmond's been caught on the hop - he's actually got to deliver on all his spouting now. Any Scots i know, don't particularly want to be independent.

I've heard the same thing. When Wales got the opportunity to vote for full independence a few years back they narrowly turned it down and I expect the same thing will happen in Scotland. Be interesting to see how the referendum goes in a couple of years' time.

Heh, we've spent all this time teaching the Yanks what countries make up 'Britain' and it could be out of date in a year or two :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion