Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Video Game Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Video Game Thread

Postby Stratman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Awesome.

FYI, the Mafia 2 demo is live on Steam so it will probably be available on Live and the Playstation Network.
Stratman

Postby welshben23 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm

welshben23

Postby Paul B » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Bioshock Infinite looks awesome. I love that sort of steampunk setting.

Just saw that Mass Effect 2 is to be released on PS3. Good news for those who haven't had the chance to play it. If the franchise stays multi-platform then I really don't need to keep my 360 anymore.
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Paul B wrote:Bioshock Infinite looks awesome. I love that sort of steampunk setting.

Just saw that Mass Effect 2 is to be released on PS3. Good news for those who haven't had the chance to play it. If the franchise stays multi-platform then I really don't need to keep my 360 anymore.

Had no idea it didn't come out on the PS3 actually. Played it on the PC myself.

Black Ops Trailer Analyzed

As a COD nut, my boner has been stoked.
Stratman

Postby Paul B » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Stratman wrote:
Paul B wrote:Bioshock Infinite looks awesome. I love that sort of steampunk setting.

Had no idea it didn't come out on the PS3 actually. Played it on the PC myself.

Yeah, the franchise was Microsoft exclusive for a while. Although apparently Mass Effect 1 will remain that way (sucks for PS3 owners, since they won't experience the fun of watching their choices carry over to the sequels.)
Paul B

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Still haven't played that.

Yeah I suck.
barnaclelapse

Postby kat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 pm

been playing F1 2010 (shocking that ;) ) on my brother's PS3 and it is quite simply one of the best games I have ever played, it is hard but worth it, and well not turning damage off when my dad went on for the first time at a rainy Spa for his first go resulted in an extremely spectacular crash, have to admit GT5 has a lot to live up to, and I can speak from experience here, the sound is if you are there and the graphics aren't far off
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby welshben23 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 pm

kat wrote:been playing F1 2010 (shocking that ;) ) on my brother's PS3 and it is quite simply one of the best games I have ever played, it is hard but worth it, and well not turning damage off when my dad went on for the first time at a rainy Spa for his first go resulted in an extremely spectacular crash, have to admit GT5 has a lot to live up to, and I can speak from experience here, the sound is if you are there and the graphics aren't far off

Damn it! Where's the facebook like button when you really need it. :D I bought it for the Xbox 360, I love it. I'm really crap at it though, can't go three corners in Bahrain without spinning out. I hope GT5 is easier. :lol:
welshben23

Postby kat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 pm

my brother keeps pissing his team off, I have tried to explain to him saying "we" instead of "I" will get him updates but he doesn't get it, so he will be stuck at Hispania for the rest of his carreer :lol:
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby 5HR1NK » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:38 pm

That new F1 game looks fantastic, I don't have any of the consoles to play it, but I'll try and give it a bash sometime soon.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:30 am

After weeks and weeks of building maps with forge in Halo Reach, it amazes me that the only option unavailable is being able to forge a firefight. :? No way am I knocking Bungie, they said here it all is, and what a cool end to the franchise, but if only you could ramp up the firefight to your own specs.. 8-)
Here's to their next project. :)
cassius

Postby Stratman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:21 pm

cassius wrote:After weeks and weeks of building maps with forge in Halo Reach, it amazes me that the only option unavailable is being able to forge a firefight. :? No way am I knocking Bungie, they said here it all is, and what a cool end to the franchise, but if only you could ramp up the firefight to your own specs.. 8-)

You can't? I swear I saw a friend do just that so he could farm achievements.
Stratman

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Stratman wrote:
cassius wrote:After weeks and weeks of building maps with forge in Halo Reach, it amazes me that the only option unavailable is being able to forge a firefight. :? No way am I knocking Bungie, they said here it all is, and what a cool end to the franchise, but if only you could ramp up the firefight to your own specs.. 8-)

Not as yet. Maybe I am missing a tweak somewhere in my hurry to get the best k/d ratio on the face of the earth..
cassius

Postby Stratman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

cassius wrote:
Stratman wrote:

Not as yet. Maybe I am missing a tweak somewhere in my hurry to get the best k/d ratio on the face of the earth..

Play Black Ops if you're looking to achieve a decent K/D. :)
Stratman

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 pm

I hear ya..
:thumbright:
cassius

Postby welshben23 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Stratman wrote:Play Black Ops if you're looking to achieve a decent K/D. :)

:lol: :lol: Really? I've never had a decent K/D ratio on any CoD game.
welshben23

Postby Stratman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 am

welshben23 wrote:
Stratman wrote:Play Black Ops if you're looking to achieve a decent K/D. :)

:lol: :lol: Really? I've never had a decent K/D ratio on any CoD game.

Yeah, I've seen your negative k/d. :D All you've got to do is play defensive. Don't camp, just let the kills come to you. I think you'll find it alot easier to stay positive this time around, there aren't any obnoxious knife only guys and OMO noobtubes. All they need to do now is fix the matchmaking and make knifing a secondary weapon that you have to equip.
Stratman

Postby cassius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 am

Played with Kinect for a bit last night. An outstanding piece of kit that must be £500 worth of goods packaged into £130. The adventures title was quite involving, Kinectimals was enjoyable, didn't get to play sports. I really cannot wait for the titles to start flowing as I will be playing this from now on.
8-)
cassius

Postby Paul B » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 am

Actually, the Kinect only costs £56 to manufacture. I'm not really sold on it to be honest, I think the lack of buttons really limits the type of games you can play, plus I've heard numerous reports of it failing to detect you when you're sat down. One of the joys of playing video games is slobbing in front of the TV! Not to mention the fact that the EyeToy did the same thing like 8 years ago. Personally I think both this and the Move are a big step back for video gaming. Motion controls simply aren't necessary.
Paul B

Postby welshben23 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:46 am

cassius wrote:Played with Kinect for a bit last night. An outstanding piece of kit that must be £500 worth of goods packaged into £130. The adventures title was quite involving, Kinectimals was enjoyable, didn't get to play sports. I really cannot wait for the titles to start flowing as I will be playing this from now on.
8-)

:shock: You must be joking. I wouldn't buy it anyway as I'm in a wheelchair and it just wouldn't work/wouldn't be worth it and my room is too small as well. But £130 is still too expensive for it, IMO.

By the way, are you on Xbox Live, cassius?
welshben23

Postby cassius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:38 am

welshben23 wrote:
cassius wrote:Played with Kinect for a bit last night. An outstanding piece of kit that must be £500 worth of goods packaged into £130. The adventures title was quite involving, Kinectimals was enjoyable, didn't get to play sports. I really cannot wait for the titles to start flowing as I will be playing this from now on.
8-)

:shock: You must be joking. I wouldn't buy it anyway as I'm in a wheelchair and it just wouldn't work/wouldn't be worth it and my room is too small as well. But £130 is still too expensive for it, IMO.

By the way, are you on Xbox Live, cassius?

Speaking from a technology point of view, the actual gubbins inside the box would still amount to a fair price when you think of the ability it has. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted. I was impressed by the amount of control, don't forget that the 360 was running at an overall loss, likewise the Kinect will also. I've yet to lash out on the thing, I'm more than happy to visit my friends and mess about with theirs, though!
I appreciate that it's not all that practical for yourself, welshben, likewise anyone with very little space will also be unable to really work with the thing. I did note that when I asked for a go in the shop, the browsing crowd soon came over for a gorp, and stayed.
My own view is that I like it. :)
Nearly forgot, I don't have a current Live account, but I will be back on very soon. :offtheair:

cassius
cassius

Postby Stratman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Haven't really looked at the Kinect. The tech is interesting and light years in front of the competition, but I'd rather run around beastifying in Black Ops then play with skittles.
Stratman

Postby cassius » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am

Can you still use chat on Xbox live with a silver account? I am between accounts and it has been ages since I last played online; I used to get some free downloads and stuff before I paid in full, but until the end of this month I am sadly without the ability to sign back in. :(

cassius
cassius

Postby cassius » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Been thinking about Kinect and some of the impractical problems that surround the release. If you look at the current form as the beta, then hand co-ord will be the next step; you can use gloves with muticolour pick-up to enhance the experience. Audio is in place for command purpose, patches would surely follow in the future? What do you think?? :)

cassius
cassius

Postby cassius » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm

What's all this I'm hearing about Black Ops failing online?? The media just bang on about the money side of it, and not the actual glitch/ fail that's being experienced. :? Thanks for any info..

cassius
cassius

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion