Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

New Years resolutions

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:56 pm

You really do have to keep writing, because you have a creative genius in that odd mind of yours *Just kidding*

I have kept writing, just not at my script, but at a novel, it's my baby at the moment, it just needs nurturing so that I can finish it.

And of course, I keep my diary.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:04 pm

Okay, so 2006 resolutions:

- Pass my driving test first time (Especially since my parents are paying for the lessons - I LOVE my Parents so much right now!
- Pass my AS levels and not explode in the process of trying to make this happen
- Stay sane
- Get a job
- Get a car
- Try not to let my car obsession go any further (But I feel since reading the whole of the driving segment of The Times twice already that I've failed in that one)
Sideshow Meg

Postby Ali 75 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:22 am

Good luck Meg!

I'm going to take a leaf out of B.N's book and go for Liverpool to win the Premiership this year! Sounds implausible but so did winning the Champions League :wink:
Ali 75

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:17 pm

Well, last year's one about the Champion's League happened, so I don't think we should give up yet!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Wezzo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:30 pm

My resolutions/hopes

Do well in my GCSEs
Eat less junk food
View every TV show on DVD in my collection, and expand that collection
Wezzo

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:14 pm

Oh good luck with the GCSEs. That was one of mine last year, and it happened, so that was good.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Wezzo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Cheers Meg, glad you did well too. :)
Wezzo

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Have you done your mocks yet or have you got them next week?

Thanks, last year it was me and Cake For Brains who were doing our exmas, along with Bee Gees Fan doing her AS levels, so we can all cheer each other on!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Wezzo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:03 pm

I did my mocks a week or two before Christmas; I've got a couple results back already: ICT and Biology, both A*s.

Ah, it seems a lot of us are at the age of GCSEs, AS and A Levels!
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:15 pm

Okay, some more resolutions to add on to those I already stated:

7: To master astral projection VERY SOON.

8: Spiritual growth.

You know, over Christmas, I found myself wondering what Christmas in a psychiatric hospital is like. Do the patients' families visit them? Do they get presents? Do they have a party? Do they have Christmas Dinner?

When I'm a bit older, I'm going to try to visit a psychiatric hospital for a while on Christmas Day and maybe hold a party there for the patients.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:37 pm

Wezzo wrote:I did my mocks a week or two before Christmas; I've got a couple results back already: ICT and Biology, both A*s.

Ah, it seems a lot of us are at the age of GCSEs, AS and A Levels!

Yay for you!

And BGF, that sounds like a really nice idea. I have been reading One flew over the cuckoo's nest again, and it has really made me curious.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:46 am

I haven't read the book yet, Meg, I'll try to when my other reading is out of the way. I'd suggest you try to see the film, if you can. I think Jack Nicholson is excellent as McMurphy, Louise Fletcher brilliant as Nurse Ratched (I HATE that woman - the character, not the actress) and the patients are great. Chris Lloyd's one of them - he plays a guy called Taber. It was his first movie role. Danny De Vito is another - he plays Martini.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:36 am

It really is an amazing book. It did take me quite a long time to read what with college and my actual set reading for English literature but it's still really good.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:38 am

Are you enjoying Richard Hammond's new ITV early evening show Meg? I caught it the other day and imagined you glued to your set! :lol:

He's a funny guy, should be a good show...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:39 pm

Yes I am, even though it's kind of random in places. Of course, my avatar shows my love of the little guy (in fact, a whole group of my friends think he's adorable).

Me and my friend have actually got tickets to go for next week.

We would get tickets to Top Gear except there are two reasons we can't:

- We're not 18
- There is a 190,000 person waiting list for tickets and they only allow 500 people in a week, so if I put my name on the list now, I might get tickets by my 18th birthday!

Despite us initially tuning in to Top Gear to stare shallowly at Richard Hammond, we actually now love the show and the cars. I never thought I would know what spark plugs were, but now I do, which comes in handy for car maintainance lessons on Wednesdays
Sideshow Meg

Postby roz11 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:43 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:Yes I am, even though it's kind of random in places. Of course, my avatar shows my love of the little guy (in fact, a whole group of my friends think he's adorable).

Me and my friend have actually got tickets to go for next week.

OMG! I love that show! I have been watching it every day. I love Richard so much (this was the real reason I watch Top Gear really lol).

I'm a big fan of Mel as well she was such a good sport on The Games lol.

I'll look out for you where will you be sitting front or back?
roz11

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 pm

I never thought I would know what spark plugs were, but now I do, which comes in handy for car maintainance lessons on Wednesdays

Sounds like season 8 episode "Motor Skills"! :lol:

Just don't forge the certificate!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:43 pm

OMG! I love that show! I have been watching it every day. I love Richard so much (this was the real reason I watch Top Gear really lol).

I'm a big fan of Mel as well she was such a good sport on The Games lol.

I'll look out for you where will you be sitting front or back?

He was the reason we started watching, but now you can't get through a conversation with without it turning into a debate of which is the best car (Personally I think the Ferrari F430 Spider is pretty up there, along with the Bugatti Veyron and the Zonda).

We're trying to get seats in the front. My friend wants to volunteer for one of the crazy things they are getting audience members to do, but I'm a little more cautious. But if you see a rather nervous looking person on stage called Megan on stage next Thursday, you can claim knowing me (ish)
Sideshow Meg

Postby roz11 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I don't blame you being rather nervous lol my friend asked me if I wanted to go because you can get tickets on the website but I think I would just be too nervous I would be sitting there wetting myself hoping not to be picked for something lol.
roz11

Postby Sideshow Meg » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Well, I went yesterday and had the most spectacular time. We didn't meet Richard but he was extremely nice when talking to the audience as a whole and was so normal and funny. Mel was also hilarious and they worked together amazingly well.

The whole thing was biblically good and we are hoping to get tickets for another date.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:41 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Meg. I'm sure you taped the show, can you see yourself at all?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:57 pm

I was in it quite a lot actually because I was in the front row. I did tape it yes and one of my friends made screen caps including http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/flyingsquad/Image12.jpg which has a little blurb as to where I was sitting!
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:45 pm

You did well to get a seat on the front row Meg! Were they pre-designated or did you have to make a mad rush for the best seats?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:45 pm

We had priority tickets so were at the front of the queue and so sat down at the front, right in the middle. Some seats were reserved for the guests but we got amazing seats.
Sideshow Meg

Postby Sideshow Meg » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Time to revive this for another year!

My resolutions are:

- Work harder academically and gain a First on at least one essay this year.
- Get fitter. Not necessarily lose weight, more take up exercise and stick with it.
- Start writing for the University Newspaper. I've wanted to be a journalist for about ten years now but when I got to University, I didn't think I would be as good as other writers do didn't join the newspaper. My boyfriend on the other hand, thinks I can write and since he edits one of the sections, has given me the main article for the first issue back. He wants me to regain all the writing confidence I had during my schooldays when I wrote for the newspaper and the magazine because he knows that this is what I want to do as a career and student newspaper experience is invaluable. I've just written the first draft of my piece, I might post it here once it's been fully edited for constructive criticism.
Sideshow Meg

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion