Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Joey

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Joey

Postby gwennie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:30 pm

I actually still enjoy The West Wing, think it's improved a bit this year over last as they've introduced new characters and storylines and moved the presidential election up a year so this will be the last year of Barlet's presidency. Looks like Jimmy Smits or Alan Alda (who I just love) will be the new president when the "election" is held next fall. I personally prefer Alda as he would be an interesting contrast to Martin Sheen, but I've read elsewhere that it looks to be Jimmy Smits, who is a Democrat on the show. I guess they'd be able to keep some of the other characters who now serve Bartlet.
gwennie

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:31 pm

I'm hoping the show won't continue once Bartlett's out of office though?
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby gwennie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:47 pm

The show will continue, it's been renewed for next season, so it will follow the end of Bartlet's administration and the start of the new one...I think this is the kick in the pants the show has needed, it had gotten stale.
gwennie

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:24 pm

Hmm. I just hate the idea of The West Wing without Bartlett - it'd be like Frasier without Niles, or something!
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby gwennie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:09 pm

LOL...well, I'll give it a try anyway, the rest of US television these days is pretty weak anyway.
gwennie

Postby Ali 75 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:46 am

It looks as though next season will be the last for TWW though, unless it has a huge ratings spike. When a production company accept half-pay from a network it's the beginning of the end, NBC wanted Frasier to continue beyond S11 at a reduced rate, but they did the right thing and refused. I can't see many shows going beyond 6 or 7 seasons these days.
Ali 75

Postby gwennie » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:36 am

Yes, it seems that it is the rare show to even last 5 years these days. NBC is dominated by the Law & Order shows, CBS by the CSI shows, there are fewer and fewer sitcoms (let alone anything worth watching) and way too many Reality shows. Compared to all that, The West Wing is a refreshing change.
gwennie

Postby Ali 75 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:56 am

Totally agree Gwennie[:]DRINK[/:]
Ali 75

Postby Mappeal » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:55 pm

Had the misfortune to see most of this weeks episode with Kelly Preston guesting. It was truly woeful! I'm not a full on Friends hater and thought Matt Le Blanc had a light touch in some of the earlier shows but he definitely is no leading actor. Channel Five must really regret having paid so much for this tripe when it patently dies a little bit more with every passing week. I won't be tuning in again anytime soon and fully expect it to move into an ever later time slot as its ratings continue to drop off! It won't be missed!
Mappeal

Postby gwennie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:26 pm

Yes, I couldn't bring myself to watch Joey last Thurs., instead watched basketball (of all things) instead. But Joey will be back, hard to believe it though.
gwennie

Postby tenpercenter » Tue May 24, 2011 1:06 pm

awful show
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion