Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Weird things you do when you're alone

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Weird things you do when you're alone

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm

woggle wrote:I talk to myself or was when i was caught at work by a co-worker , having a whole conversation with myself as to what still needs to be cleaned apparently .... :D ok now that just makes me nuts not weird

You need to get yourself a bluetooth headset. That way, you can talk to yourself all day long and it looks like you're just talking on the phone! :D
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:I talk to myself or was when i was caught at work by a co-worker , having a whole conversation with myself as to what still needs to be cleaned apparently .... :D ok now that just makes me nuts not weird

You need to get yourself a bluetooth headset. That way, you can talk to yourself all day long and it looks like you're just talking on the phone! :D

Thats a bloody good idea :lol:

.. Last time i saw someone with one of those i was cleaning an office and he was at his desk he chirped " hello how are you " thinking he was talking to me happily did my oh not to bad how was ur weekend .... yadda yadda to which he looked up and me bemused and then carried on with the conversation he was having with someone throu his phone ear piece ... :roll: :lol: i felt a right twit went bright red , turned on my heels and scooted outa there :lol: .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm

:lol: I do that too, when I'm at work. "Right, what's next? Um, done that one, done that one - this one then." That sort of thing.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

:lol: I do that too, when I'm at work. "Right, what's next? Um, done that one, done that one - this one then." That sort of thing.

Glad to see im not alone on that then ... :lol: worst is when i wake up first thing in the morning on a weekend and i havent turned off my work brain and im doing it , there it goes prattling on to itself :roll:
woggle

Postby Lil » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I sing out loud all the time. I dance and sing at work, not too loudly, but not too quietly either.

The servers laugh at me sometimes when I get into the music.
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I've just seen this thread, whilst looking for another one, and it reminded me that there was something I meant to write on here a month or two ago.

I was on the open-topped bus going home from Bournemouth. I was the only local person upstairs, all the rest were grockles. I heard two of them talking, saying that they were worried they wouldn't be able to undestand the local accent when they got to the holiday park in Swanage, and that they were also concerned whether there would be 'mod cons', such as Internet access, available out here in the sticks. :lol: Their conversation continued, and it was obvious that they thought the Dorset population consisted solely of farm labourers with no education and low IQs. I was feeling annoyed and amused in equal measure. :lol:

Then I heard them talking about where their stop was. One of them tapped me on the shoulder, saying, in the type of voice that people use to talk to foreigners, "Excuse me, do you know where Rempstone Road is?"

I made a snap decision to reply in a really strong Dorset accent, and I talked to them for a while, saying things like "ah" and "yer tiz" as much as possible. They didn't seem to think anything was amiss.

Then my mobile rang, and I answered it, talking in my normal, non-Dorset voice. After I'd hung up, it took me a while to work out why they were look at me in confusion. Luckily, we were approaching my stop, so I got up and left quickly. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Lil » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 pm

:lol:

It's so much fun to confuse people like that, especially when they have that irritating belitting manner.
Lil

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:57 pm

I am always talking to myself or the voices i hear........... that's weird but i am getting help for that
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Quantum » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

I toast my mates past and present when I open the beers on my own.
Then I ponder their whereabouts before ripping it up with a big grin. :D
What do you mean it's Monday?
Quantum

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

My neighbors think I'm even crazier since they've started noticing that I talk to myself while sober.
barnaclelapse

Postby Daphne K » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:53 am

barnaclelapse wrote:My neighbors think I'm even crazier since they've started noticing that I talk to myself while sober.

Yes it must be very weird to see you sober. :D

:wink:
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby cassius » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:37 pm

I've taken to wearing in-ear 'phones when I wash the car or do some gardening. I don't always have my mp3 connected though. People see what they want to, and you never know what you might just overhear. :lol:

cassius
cassius

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:54 am

cassius wrote:I've taken to wearing in-ear 'phones when I wash the car or do some gardening. I don't always have my mp3 connected though. People see what they want to, and you never know what you might just overhear. :lol:

cassius

Very covert. Hillary Clinton might have a job waiting for you :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby cassius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
cassius wrote:I've taken to wearing in-ear 'phones when I wash the car or do some gardening. I don't always have my mp3 connected though. People see what they want to, and you never know what you might just overhear. :lol:

cassius

Very covert. Hillary Clinton might have a job waiting for you :D

:lol:

I see enough bills this time of year, thanks.

cassius
cassius

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion