Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

frasiers chess set

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

frasiers chess set

Postby ian » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:45 am

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a version of the chess set featured behind Frasiers couch ?
ian

Re: frasiers chess set

Postby ian » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:37 pm

come on somebody must have a lead to start me off!
ian

Postby Kittysafe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:00 am

I've been looking for it for years, the transcript says:

Paris, 1882! Designed by Jean-Francois Blon, while attending L'Ecole des Beaux Arts!
The inlay was made from the same Travertine marble they used at the Emperor Hadrian's palace outside Tivoli
Kittysafe

Postby tenpercenter » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 am

good luck
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Hakunila » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm

From another forum:

"The chess set used (in 'Chess Pains') was made by Piero Benzoni, and yes, they're bloody expensive (but worth it).
I was lucky enough to get the Medici vs. Pazzi set, which is similar to the one they used on Frasier, and the detailing is fantastic."
Hakunila

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Actually these chess sets are good for decoration but awfully confusing to play with. It's hard to play a very deep game with them. I speak from experience, I find that nothing is better than the plain competition set that is designed specifically to be comfortable visually as well as conceptually. In fact when you switch from the former to the latter it's like moving from a badly lighted room to and ideally done one, while you're reading a book, your mind goes "ahhhh!!!"...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion