Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Best regarded episodes?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Best regarded episodes?

Postby ShinChuck » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 am

Apologies for the done-to-death topic, but rather than necro old topics, I thought I'd get people's opinions on their current favorite episodes (Hey, some age better than others, right? Maybe this topic will be different and therefore justified. <_< ). My dad is recently getting in to Frasier and I'm trying to find some of the better ones for him.

To start, he's seen Ham Radio, and adores it. So, from there, where do we go from there? In short, another "Top Ten" topic, just without Ham Radio!

The Matchmaker, The Ski Lodge, The Two Mrs. Cranes, An Affair to Forget... he'd probably love the slapstick of Three Valentines. He's seeing most of these for the first time, so maybe that's another twist to my question: best introductory episodes? Maybe some episodes are simply funnier the first time around and might make it on this list that normally wouldn't Top Ten?
ShinChuck

Re: Best regarded episodes?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:01 am

The Adventures of Bad Boy and Dirty Girl has always been a favorite of mine. It just cracks me up. In that same story arc, I also love She's the Boss.

I really like Flour Child as well and of course the ever popular High Holidays if only for "Fridge Pants" alone!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Eddie2012 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am

ShinChuck wrote:so maybe that's another twist to my question: best introductory episodes?

How about 'My coffee with Niles'? It's a more quiet episode, but excellent in my opinion and gives the entire main cast enough space without concentrating on just one. It's also an episode that grew on me over time.
Eddie2012

Postby PistolPoet » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:05 pm

I can't imagine not watching the whole show from the beginning :). But I agree with Eddie about My Coffee With Niles, mostly because I love "bottle episodes", so I think Dinner Party would be a good one as well.

If you think your dad might really get serious about the show, maybe it would be good to leave out episodes from season 8 on, to avoid the big Niles/Daphne spoiler...?
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm

PistolPoet wrote:I can't imagine not watching the whole show from the beginning :). But I agree with Eddie about My Coffee With Niles, mostly because I love "bottle episodes", so I think Dinner Party would be a good one as well.

If you think your dad might really get serious about the show, maybe it would be good to leave out episodes from season 8 on, to avoid the big Niles/Daphne spoiler...?

That's a good idea. The first time I watched the show chronologically, I had no idea of what was going to happen and the Niles/Daphne development came as a surprise. Remember how Daphne reacted when Donny said that She was the one Maris was accusing Niles of having an affair with. It looked like it was the farthest thing from her mind. Personally I don't buy the idea that you could be close to someone for years and only then realize that you have (strong) feelings for them.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion