Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

A day with Frasier

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

A day with Frasier

Postby Roverman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Lets imagine you can be transported to a moment in Frasier's life between 1983 and 2004, whether it be Boston, Seattle or anywhere else. Think something along the lines of Quantum Leap, except you know where you are going!

1. Where would you go?
2. Would you try and interfere with history either real life or the canon of Frasier or Cheers?
3. Any bit of Frasier you would avoid with a bargepole?
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Re: A day with Frasier

Postby Patrick » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm

I'd try to see what Maris looks like. I am also curious about the fat Maris...

I'd try to see what Vera looks like. (since unlike Maris we've heard her voice many times)

Anything off camera, like when Martin tried to sing "oh holy night" in his church for example would also be fine.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Roverman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:37 pm

I like your thinking!
Have you perhaps seen this before?
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=318438
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Patrick » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Roverman wrote:I like your thinking!
Have you perhaps seen this before?
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=318438

No, but that's interesting.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:30 pm

I know it's a bit silly and kitschy, but I'd like to visit Frasier's flat in Frasier Grinch. In Serbia, we don't celebrate Christmas the American way, so I'm not sick of all the decorations and Christmas songs, so it would be a nice cosy Christmas for me :). Plus it would be fun to see Frasier getting annoyed every time he stepped on the Talking Santa mat :P.

I'd definitely like to interfere many times, but I'd be scared of messing up the storylines :). For example, I'd definitely like to stop Frasier from messing up a bunch of his relationships... But if he'd stayed with Madeleine, I guess that means he never would have met Claire or Charlotte, so it's a tough call.

I'd certainly like to see Maris, especially (if possible) during a dinner where Martin was present. The two of them must have the most wonderful conversations :P.

And I'd stay away from Murder Most Maris because I'd be scared to death of Angry Daphne. The way she shouted at the guys, I can only imagine I wouldn't be spared either.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Ariel » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I'd like to be in the Winnebago with them travelling across America!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Roverman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Any particular trip?
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Ariel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Well of course having daydreams of being a cowgirl (I can ride OK, just need the ranch lol) I want to see the American West - Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada,Arizona. I will never be in a position to afford to do anything of the sort - but it still remains the thing I want to do more than anything!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby heartofmotion » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 am

I would like to understand the geography of Frasierland - you know, how far is it from Frasier's place to Café Nervosa and the Montana? And how far from KACL and Niles' office? The way they drop in for a coffee all the time it seems that they must be right next to each other.
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:10 am

heartofmotion wrote:I would like to understand the geography of Frasierland - you know, how far is it from Frasier's place to Café Nervosa and the Montana? And how far from KACL and Niles' office? The way they drop in for a coffee all the time it seems that they must be right next to each other.

I think it's said at some point, probably an early episode, that Nervosa is right across the street from KACL.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Paraprax » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 am

Probably the episode where he dates Sela Ward, the model, just to prevent him from taking the photo of her in bed to try and prove it to his family, who would've met her later that day anyway. Still can't bring myself to watch that episode, especially as the conclusion to the heartfelt Lonely Samaritan Spontaneously Going To The Airport saga.
Paraprax

Postby ShinChuck » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:45 am

Paraprax wrote:Probably the episode where he dates Sela Ward, the model, just to prevent him from taking the photo of her in bed to try and prove it to his family, who would've met her later that day anyway. Still can't bring myself to watch that episode, especially as the conclusion to the heartfelt Lonely Samaritan Spontaneously Going To The Airport saga.

That one was always rough.

I was thinking along these lines myself. (We don't have any spoilers rules here, right? Gonna go into the end of Season 7/start of 8...). I think I'd try to go back into that timeframe somewhere, maybe even pre-marriage to Mel, and let slip how both Daphne and Niles feel about each other. That would save everyone, even Mel, quite a bit of drama, pain and frustration!
ShinChuck

Postby heartofmotion » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 pm

I just watched the one where Niles burns his hand while cooking and Daphne rubs some cream on and then reacts defensively when Martin walks in on them. Niles then asks Frasier if he thinks Daphne might have feelings for him and gets an immediate and dismissive 'No'. Frasier is so sure that Niles' infatuation is all in his head and doesn't want to rock the boat so he gives a totally glib answer. Just one of the many moments when I wonder why Frasier is so dismissive of Niles' feelings but I guess it makes it all the better when he realises his mistake and works to get them together in the end.
heartofmotion

Return to Frasier Discussion