Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Are there any real radio shows like Frasier's?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Are there any real radio shows like Frasier's?

Postby frasier floyd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:59 pm

I listen to the radio (mostly classical music) a lot when I drive and was recently wondering if there are any shows like Frasier had- or like the one in Sleepless in Seattle. I haven't come across any yet.
frasier floyd

Re: Are there any real radio shows like Frasier's?

Postby Patrick » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

There was a TV show, or maybe there still is, with a panel of psychiatrists that would answer questions from callers. Funny thing is that they had an audience comparable to Frasier's show but the average number of people who would call in an hour (I read an article about it) was around 30 thousand! They had to do an intensive screening to decide what caller they would air. That's the detail that makes Frasier's show a little on the improbable side. Roz should never have problem finding callers or even a specific kind of caller.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:01 am

Dr. Joyce Brothers had a radio show once upon a time. Not sure if there are any out there now. Unless you count Dr. Laura who is more like Dr. Nora than she is like Frasier.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Dr. Joyce Brothers had a radio show once upon a time. Not sure if there are any out there now. Unless you count Dr. Laura who is more like Dr. Nora than she is like Frasier.

You mean she's a religious nut? Sounds like those tv preachers they have in the US. Fortunately, we still don't have them, and hopefully we won't. In France we're not as "into religions" as the Americans are. I hear we have itinerant priests that are in charge of several churches, that is they can't even find one for each church and most of them are elderly, they even take widowers. They're desperate. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:03 am

Dr. Laura is a crazy right wing nutbag. Claims to be a "Christian" but plays the hate card constantly.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Dr. Laura is a crazy right wing nutbag. Claims to be a "Christian" but plays the hate card constantly.

Sounds like the Dr Nora character was created after her. Is that likely?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Dr. Laura is a crazy right wing nutbag. Claims to be a "Christian" but plays the hate card constantly.

Sounds like the Dr Nora character was created after her. Is that likely?

Yep, she was. And there was a bit of an outcry by Dr. Laura fans about it. Dr. Nora might be a tad bit exaggerated but she is definitely along the same lines.
CatNamedRudy

Return to Frasier Discussion