Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Bebe/"Junior Agent"

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Bebe/"Junior Agent"

Postby Allystare » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 am

I have never liked the episode "Junior Agent". It's because of how Bebe finally discards Frasier and moves on. The moment where Frasier says "you have put me through a lot, but despite all of that, I never once doubted your loyalty to me". It summed it all up. Despite the fact that Bebe was cunning, shrewd, devious, and completely unscrupulous in willing to do anything in order to secure the best possible deal for her client(s), it always seemed that she genuinely cared (professionally, and perhaps even personally as they slept together) for Frasier. But she totally trashes over all of that. Even though Porsha is a competent agent, there's still a sense of betrayal, and she leaves him for the competition that's thrashing him (Dr. Zach). Bebe has always been ambitious, adding in more clients, but she usually kept her old ones (she started out with Bulldog, moved on to Frasier, but still kept Bulldog). This betrayal sort of ruined the character of Bebe somewhat for me.

Another thing to note is that, Porsha despite being Frasier's agent from this point on is never seen again (I think). Another instance of a minor character being brought in, being put in a semi-regular role, only to be only seen for 1 episode, but heard for several more. They must have really been tight on budgets, this theme of never seen characters (aside from Maris who is awesome) is becoming constantly more acute. Sort of silly.
Allystare

Re: Bebe/"Junior Agent"

Postby Patrick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Well, if Bebe kept being Bulldog's agent then she was rather lousy at it. After many years of having his own show, he gets fired and apparently Bebe never gets him anything else. Otherwise he wouldn't have had to deliver pizzas, which is a low paying job compared to anything in show business. SOME AGENT!
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Bebe/"Junior Agent"

Postby Buttonsandbows » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:01 am

I think that it's an okay episode. Kristin Chenowith's acting is apt and quirky. Bebe has never been a favorite of mine, for several reasons. I didn't have much surprise for her actions in this episode. I thoroughly enjoyed the locker room pep talk scene. Overall, I rate this episode a 6.
Buttonsandbows

Return to Frasier Discussion