Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier's Apartment

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Frasier's Apartment

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed May 21, 2014 12:48 am

PistolPoet wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:
Re: the kitchen - it's not so small - we just never see the part behind the cooker. I remember one scene when we do - when Frasier hides behind it eavesdropping on Martin talking to a girlfriend.

Yeah, but all the appliances, the sink and the cupboards are on the visible side, so the part behind the stove is pretty useless. Though I suppose that things would be better arranged if it was a real kitchen.

My kitchen is smaller than that. A lot of city apartments have smaller kitchens.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed May 21, 2014 8:07 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:...Re: the kitchen - it's not so small - we just never see the part behind the cooker. I remember one scene when we do - when Frasier hides behind it eavesdropping on Martin talking to a girlfriend.

11th season's "I 'm Listening"...

I hate that scene SO much! It makes no sense at all for Frasier to hide.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. They needed him to eavesdrop for the sake of the story and couldn't come up with a better excuse.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Wed May 21, 2014 12:06 pm

I hate it too - just another of those Season 11 plots that makes Frasier look bad.

Just watched the scene with the cat, Mr Bottomsley (?!) and we see much more of the kitchen in this one. The cat sits in the chair on the door side of the cooker and for once we can see that the cooker is an island in the middle of the room. The standard shot of the cooker gives the impression that it's fixed to the wall behind the door.
heartofmotion

Postby PistolPoet » Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:
Re: the kitchen - it's not so small - we just never see the part behind the cooker. I remember one scene when we do - when Frasier hides behind it eavesdropping on Martin talking to a girlfriend.

Yeah, but all the appliances, the sink and the cupboards are on the visible side, so the part behind the stove is pretty useless. Though I suppose that things would be better arranged if it was a real kitchen.

My kitchen is smaller than that. A lot of city apartments have smaller kitchens.

Sure, but Frasier has the money to pick and choose, and since he enjoys cooking so much, I'd expect him to refuse to settle for a flat with a small kitchen.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu May 22, 2014 1:50 pm

heartofmotion wrote:I hate it too - just another of those Season 11 plots that makes Frasier look bad.

Just watched the scene with the cat, Mr Bottomsley (?!) and we see much more of the kitchen in this one. The cat sits in the chair on the door side of the cooker and for once we can see that the cooker is an island in the middle of the room. The standard shot of the cooker gives the impression that it's fixed to the wall behind the door.

I've always thought it was an island. Frasier is hiding on the other side of it in that stupid episode. Even so, it has the complete look of an island to me from the start of the show.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri May 23, 2014 9:13 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:I hate it too - just another of those Season 11 plots that makes Frasier look bad.

I've always thought it was an island. Frasier is hiding on the other side of it in that stupid episode. Even so, it has the complete look of an island to me from the start of the show.

That reminds me of: "I always wanted to make a trip around the Greek islands." :D
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 am

:lol:
CatNamedRudy

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion