Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Excellent Continuity on Frasier

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Excellent Continuity on Frasier

Postby frasier floyd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 pm

When Niles and Frasier are talking and go back and forth describing something and Frasier says Stop! "I may as well have been...", "Well I may as well have been.." :-)
frasier floyd

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 pm

frasier floyd wrote:When Niles and Frasier are talking and go back and forth describing something and Frasier says Stop! "I may as well have been...", "Well I may as well have been.." :-)

Yeah, it's like in The Gift Horse when they argue about NIles's overpriced gift: "A drop? It's a downpour!" "It's a drizzle!" "It's a deluge!"
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 am

yea exactly!
frasier floyd

Postby mickeba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 am

They did a good job, for the most part, in reconciling the Frasier years with the Cheers years with one exception. Frasier WAS quite the barfly in Boston, and was much more Martinesque than he was in "Frasier". But give credit. To take a character from such an established and classic series, and retool him in another, is a great feat and not to be minimized.
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Postby kmm3 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Roverman wrote:But had Roz's mum seen Frasier in Guilt Trippers she would have immediately confirmed that he was Frasier and not Roger!

What always bothered me about this scene is the unlikelihood that Roz's family wouldn't know who Frasier was, because Internet. They really want us to believe they never knew who Roz worked for, the show or Frasier himself? Easy to Google, easy to know he wasn't Roger.
kmm3

Postby Patrick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
frasier floyd wrote:When Niles and Frasier are talking and go back and forth describing something and Frasier says Stop! "I may as well have been...", "Well I may as well have been.." :-)

Yeah, it's like in The Gift Horse when they argue about NIles's overpriced gift: "A drop? It's a downpour!" "It's a drizzle!" "It's a deluge!"

I think it's based on Cyrano's nose tirade : "Tis a rock! A peak! A cape! No, it's a peninsula!"

If you see what I mean.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Whisper of cinnamon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Frasier's trait of making cheesy, egotistical metaphors about his effect on women (probably, in my mind, to hide insecurity), where he inserts his name into the metaphor, such as 'another ride on the Frasier-go-round', 'rack up a few more frequent Frasier miles' etc - apart from him doing this throughout the show's run, which is itself a good bit of continuity, it's also called back in It Takes Two To Tangle when we find out Frasier has picked this up from Martin: 'first-class passage on the S.S. Martin' etc! Frasier probably heard Martin talking like that when he was a kid and subconsciously absorbed it.
Whisper of cinnamon

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Whisper of cinnamon wrote:Frasier's trait of making cheesy, egotistical metaphors about his effect on women (probably, in my mind, to hide insecurity), where he inserts his name into the metaphor, such as 'another ride on the Frasier-go-round', 'rack up a few more frequent Frasier miles' etc - apart from him doing this throughout the show's run, which is itself a good bit of continuity, it's also called back in It Takes Two To Tangle when we find out Frasier has picked this up from Martin: 'first-class passage on the S.S. Martin' etc! Frasier probably heard Martin talking like that when he was a kid and subconsciously absorbed it.

I am on the fence on that one because Martin never uses these metaphors, only this one time. To me it's more likely that Martin has picked this up from Frasier; that happens. Keep in mind that Hester died when Frasier was an adult and out of the house and I don't think that Martin would have dared making these metaphors about other women nor even his wife in front of his own kids while Hester was alive, unless he was asking for trouble...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby ShinChuck » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm

It's probably been mentioned before, but...

I'm not particularly well versed in Cheers (I need to sit down and Netflix it someday!), but I did notice a minor little connection between the two.... In Frasier, in season 5, episode 17, "The Perfect Guy", Frasier is struggling to find something he can do better than Clint and is stymied at every turn, until the episode ends when Clint turns out to be an awful singer, belting out a horribly off-key rendition "Isn't it Romantic".

in Cheers, in season 9, episode 15, "The Days of Wine and Neuroses", they have a karaoke machine, and Frasier decides to show Cliff and Norm how it's done, with an impressive cover of... "Isn't it Romantic".
ShinChuck

Postby Patrick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm

ShinChuck wrote:It's probably been mentioned before, but...

I'm not particularly well versed in Cheers (I need to sit down and Netflix it someday!), but I did notice a minor little connection between the two.... In Frasier, in season 5, episode 17, "The Perfect Guy", Frasier is struggling to find something he can do better than Clint and is stymied at every turn, until the episode ends when Clint turns out to be an awful singer, belting out a horribly off-key rendition "Isn't it Romantic".

in Cheers, in season 9, episode 15, "The Days of Wine and Neuroses", they have a karaoke machine, and Frasier decides to show Cliff and Norm how it's done, with an impressive cover of... "Isn't it Romantic".

Yes, I remember it very well. It's the one where Rebecca gets stinky drunk because deep down she doesn't want to marry her "lover" whom she only loved for his money and he is now broke or so she thinks (he's hidden a money belt in Sam's Desk). In that episode Frasier goes on and on singing very well various classics until Lilith upstages him in his rendition of You're Just In Love. I noticed that apparently Frasier can't sing without smoking a cigarette. Something that I always find puzzling as I can't stand the stench of it. Note that there was a period from the 40's up until the late 60's when almost all the heroes in the movies smoked, often a lot. Humphrey Bogart was a heavy cinema smoker for example. I am glad these days are over.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion