Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Worst Mistake I Ever Made

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

The Worst Mistake I Ever Made

Postby ProOperaVoter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 pm

A little over a year ago, I ran into Frasier. It was on television, and I skimmed past it. However, I returned to it; in the four original seconds, Niles had cracked some killer joke. I had no idea who each of the characters was, but this soon became apparent. I watched the episode through to the end, then looked it up on Netflix. It was then that I realized that I had just watched Goodnight Seattle: Part 2. I wanted to kill myself; I had extracted one of the multiple sparks that came with this clearly exquisite series. D'oh!
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Re: The Worst Mistake I Ever Made

Postby mickeba » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 am

A lot of people found it an acquired taste. I lived in Seattle during the early years of Frasier's run and didn't watch cos I hated all the Seattle hype surrounding the show. And there was a lot of it. After Leslie and I moved to Los Angeles, I came home one night and she was watching "Dinner at Eight". I casually listened, and roared with laughter when Niles asked Frasier if they were too snobby for "fixins".That was in season 5 and I watched loyally til the end. If you decide to discover Frasier on DVD, you'll find many great seasons, and some (much debated) lesser quality seasons, but all in all, you'll find a show to love.
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Re: The Worst Mistake I Ever Made

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 pm

The first time I saw Frasier it was badly dubbed in French and I thought that it was stupid, after ten minutes I switched channels. I know now that it was the episode Author, Author because the thing that set me off was when Frasier and Niles were moving up and down while singing their musical in Cafe Nervosa and for some reason the image stuck in my mind. Years later I saw Taxi in English along with other old American shows like the vintage SNL episodes with John Belushi and the people from Ghost busters and then I took a liking to American humor. I then saw Cheers where I saw Frasier and he seemed strangely familiar. That's only after I saw Cheers several times that I started watching Frasier for good and as god intended, IE in English.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion