Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

I wish...

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: I wish...

Postby Allystare » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 am

I would have liked for Frasier to actually end up with one of the better women (Faye, Cassander, Lorna, or maybe even Claire though I don't really like her), rather than blowing all his relationships and having to 'settle' (my term) for Charlotte, who isn't really as attractive as most of the other women, or intelligent or refined. She barely has any interests in common with Frasier and seems a bit of a mess (she basically scams Frasier of 10K $). Not really the best person for him to end up with or chase in the end.

----

Also, the reason that a lot of important minor characters (Duke's another example of this, only shows up in 1 episode, I think) only seem to have shown up for only one episode is because the show used a lot of guest actors. A lot of them probably couldn't come back because of either schedule conflicts, budget saving, or perhaps they only signed for one episode.
Allystare

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Allystare wrote:I would have liked for Frasier to actually end up with one of the better women (Faye, Cassander, Lorna, or maybe even Claire though I don't really like her), rather than blowing all his relationships and having to 'settle' (my term) for Charlotte, who isn't really as attractive as most of the other women, or intelligent or refined. She barely has any interests in common with Frasier and seems a bit of a mess (she basically scams Frasier of 10K $). Not really the best person for him to end up with or chase in the end.

Cassandra and Lorna have exactly the same amount in common with Frasier as Charlotte. Charlotte is lots more refined than Lorna, definitely, and (in my opinion, since this is highly subjective) just as attractive as any woman Frasier dated. As for her intelligence, I can't really say that I recall any situations where she seemed unintelligent. The scam I do agree with, that was a terrible thing to do and I hope she paid him back in the end. You can still take comfort in the fact that we aren't completely sure he ended up with her, since it's not explicitly stated :).
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Allystare » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 pm

PistolPoet wrote:Cassandra and Lorna have exactly the same amount in common with Frasier as Charlotte. Charlotte is lots more refined than Lorna, definitely, and (in my opinion, since this is highly subjective) just as attractive as any woman Frasier dated. As for her intelligence, I can't really say that I recall any situations where she seemed unintelligent. The scam I do agree with, that was a terrible thing to do and I hope she paid him back in the end. You can still take comfort in the fact that we aren't completely sure he ended up with her, since it's not explicitly stated :).

Well I vaguely remember Cassandra being interested in art or something. But you're right that Lorna and Cassandra don't have much in common with him, but their compensating gift is that they are attractive. Charlotte on the other hand doesn't really have anything going for her. The overall story between Charlotte and Frasier is great, the story being one where Frasier finally conquers his neuroses, elitism, and arrogance, but I still don't like Charlotte. I think the same story could have worked with someone like Lorna who had a nice history with Frasier, and she could have been the down-to-earth and irascible unrefined women who inspires Frasier to finally conquer all his problems. Charlotte also drops Frank for Frasier and leaves Frasier for a better career, whereas Frasier is willing to give everything up in order for a mere chance to work it out with here (they had only been together for a short while up until that point); it's clearly an asymmetrical love.

I choose Cassandra merely because she's attractive and they looked nice together in season 6. Lorna is attractive and has the history with him, and they seem to have some rapport. Charlotte just doesn't do anything. Neither Lorna or Cassandra are necessarily the best choices, and Cassandra certainly isn't anywhere near the top of my list, but both are better than Charlotte.
Allystare

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Definitely subjective as i think Laura Linney is very attractive, therefore Charlotte is attractive. I imagine Frasier being more compatible with her than either Lorna or Cassandra, so i guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Allystare » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes I realize that others differ from me on Charlotte. I am probably in the minority with regards to her. She's never just clicked for me.
Allystare

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Allystare wrote:Yes I realize that others differ from me on Charlotte. I am probably in the minority with regards to her. She's never just clicked for me.

One thing I never liked about her is that she's incredibly loud. Actually, that might be Laura, I haven't seen her in a lot of other films/shows so I don't remember, but in Frasier she hurts my ears.
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Allystare wrote:Yes I realize that others differ from me on Charlotte. I am probably in the minority with regards to her. She's never just clicked for me.

One thing I never liked about her is that she's incredibly loud. Actually, that might be Laura, I haven't seen her in a lot of other films/shows so I don't remember, but in Frasier she hurts my ears.

You know who's loud? Lorna/Lana... "PUT YOUR BROTHER ON THE PHONE!!!" :D
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Buttonsandbows » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 am

I agree with the nursing home administrator from the bus ride with Roz, that seemed promising! I also would have loved to see what happened at the dinner party we catch the disastrous end of in the opening of Daphne Does Dinner.
Buttonsandbows

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:14 am

Charlotte never did that much for me either. I think the women I liked best for him were Madeline, Claire, and Faye. It's too bad that he had to ruin his relationship with so many good women for so many stupid insecure reasons- these all involving his hang-ups for women who were all wrong for him!

I know Claire wasn't particularly popular among people here though. I wonder why that is.
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 am

frasier floyd wrote:Charlotte never did that much for me either. I think the women I liked best for him were Madeline, Claire, and Faye. It's too bad that he had to ruin his relationship with so many good women for so many stupid insecure reasons- these all involving his hang-ups for women who were all wrong for him!

I know Claire wasn't particularly popular among people here though. I wonder why that is.

Do you mean the Madeline from Secret Admirer or the one from Adventures in Paradise?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:07 am

frasier floyd wrote:Charlotte never did that much for me either. I think the women I liked best for him were Madeline, Claire, and Faye. It's too bad that he had to ruin his relationship with so many good women for so many stupid insecure reasons- these all involving his hang-ups for women who were all wrong for him!

Those are my top three as well. I keep forgetting Madeline (the one from Adventures in Paradise), but she was really great - that is, until she got scared off by Lilith too easily, but we can't really blame her :P.
PistolPoet

Postby frasier floyd » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 pm

True, although I think most of the damage was already done on their vacation. It would be really rough seeing your significant other freaking out over an ex like that. Plus he was totally immature and a little nutty about that whole thing.
frasier floyd

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 pm

frasier floyd wrote:True, although I think most of the damage was already done on their vacation. It would be really rough seeing your significant other freaking out over an ex like that. Plus he was totally immature and a little nutty about that whole thing.

Indeed :). There's nothing as attractive as your boyfriend jumping on the bed and screaming to impress his ex wife :P.
PistolPoet

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion