Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

I wish...

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

I wish...

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 am

Anything you wish you could've seen happen on the show?

I would've liked to see what happened when Cassandra introduced herself to Faye.
frasier floyd

Re: I wish...

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 am

:twisted: What happened when Billy caught up to Frasier when he flushed his head down the toilet :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 am

...Or any other time Frasier is seen running away :-)
frasier floyd

Postby heartofmotion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 am

Any time a caller actually asked a challenging question?
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 pm

frasier floyd wrote:...Or any other time Frasier is seen running away :-)

True. Like when that Greek aunt of his caught up with him with a broken bottle in her hand. :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:12 pm

This is really out there, but I'd love if it all Frasier and Niles's childhood memories had been acted out instead of just talked about. Like the time they burned down the garage, or their prep school musicals :).
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:43 pm

PistolPoet wrote:This is really out there, but I'd love if it all Frasier and Niles's childhood memories had been acted out instead of just talked about. Like the time they burned down the garage, or their prep school musicals :).

Or when they were moving around with bowler hats and umbrellas (Niles with a strap under his chin that Martin says made him look like Elisabeth Taylor in National Velvet) pretending to be John Steeds. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Patrick wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:This is really out there, but I'd love if it all Frasier and Niles's childhood memories had been acted out instead of just talked about. Like the time they burned down the garage, or their prep school musicals :).

Or when they were moving around with bowler hats and umbrellas (Niles with a strap under his chin that Martin says made him look like Elisabeth Taylor in National Velvet) pretending to be John Steeds. :lol:

I've never seen the show they're talking about, but yes!
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Patrick wrote:

I've never seen the show they're talking about, but yes!

It's English and it's called THE AVENGERS, I highly recommend the episodes with Emma Peel and the ones with Tara King as co-lead-roles with Steed who's the common denominator of all episodes. It's funny, it's witty and of an excellent quality overall. I watch the series every two years or so. :)
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm not sure which episode it was mentioned in, but Roz once insinuated that a hypnotist came to KACL and made Frasier do some silly things. I would've loved to see that!
frasier floyd

Postby PistolPoet » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:18 pm

frasier floyd wrote:I'm not sure which episode it was mentioned in, but Roz once insinuated that a hypnotist came to KACL and made Frasier do some silly things. I would've loved to see that!

That can probably only be rivalled by the scene (which I'd like to see as well) when Gil, Noel and Frasier and Woody go to the karaoke bar :D.
PistolPoet

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Oh boy, yea that would be a silly scene as well, though I think you can at least see Noel and Gil singing on stage during the episode's closing. The hypnotist scene would've opened an opportunity for Frasier to do any number of ridiculous things. I love when he's singing and stomping outside his bath tub that one episode.
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Personally, I still think that hypnotism is essentially bull. It's a fifteen minutes of fame kind of thing, people do the things the hypnotist tells them to do because they're more likely to become the center of attention for a little while than if they don't. I once volunteered to be hypnotized in public and it didn't work so the guy simply moved on to the next person, until he found one willing to cooperate, it's a well known psychological phenomenon. It's called the syndrome of the true believer, when a person is willing to lie or event appear ridiculous in order to get some kind of gregarious gratification. We see that on TV all the time, when people come on shows where they are booed and humiliated, but they come anyway since people will NOTICE them for that one moment.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 am

I wish they would've given Roz a guy to end up with. Or at least let things work out with Roger. It kind of baffles me that all of the other major characters on the show were given at least a few major relationships but Roz really wasn't. It kind of seemed like a cop out of sorts to give her a baby just to conveniently ditch the baby's father (plus meeting his parents). Each of the characters developed throughout the show, including Roz, so it would've been an appropriate addition in my eyes before closing the show.
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 am

frasier floyd wrote:I wish they would've given Roz a guy to end up with. Or at least let things work out with Roger. It kind of baffles me that all of the other major characters on the show were given at least a few major relationships but Roz really wasn't. It kind of seemed like a cop out of sorts to give her a baby just to conveniently ditch the baby's father (plus meeting his parents). Each of the characters developed throughout the show, including Roz, so it would've been an appropriate addition in my eyes before closing the show.

Did you notice that even though we hear about him a lot, we only see Roger in one episode? I always found that a bit odd.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I've heard that- is he really only in one episode? I can at least think of more times I saw him than Daphne's boyfriend Joe though: I remember Roger on Roz's couch, at Frasier's apartment, and on the back of his dumpster truck. Were all 3 of those scenes really in one episode? I do kind of wonder why some of these minor characters aren't given more air-time and dimension since some less significant story lines probably could've been done without instead. Love interests like Kate Costas, Mel, and Donnie brought so much to the show and also mixed up the main cast.
frasier floyd

Postby PistolPoet » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:26 pm

frasier floyd wrote:I've heard that- is he really only in one episode? I can at least think of more times I saw him than Daphne's boyfriend Joe though: I remember Roger on Roz's couch, at Frasier's apartment, and on the back of his dumpster truck. Were all 3 of those scenes really in one episode? I do kind of wonder why some of these minor characters aren't given more air-time and dimension since some less significant story lines probably could've been done without instead. Love interests like Kate Costas, Mel, and Donnie brought so much to the show and also mixed up the main cast.

Yup, that was all in Love Stinks. It's really a pity, I liked him a lot (not to mention that he was quite good-looking :)). Plus, he seemed to have a very pleasant personality and a cool sense of humour, so I'm sure he'd have been a welcome addition in a few more episodes. I was really hoping he was going to pop up again in the last season so he and Roz could make up.
PistolPoet

Postby frasier floyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:46 pm

What was their reason for ultimately breaking up again? I know things ended the first time because Roz was insecure with his job, but then she got over it and they got back together.

It's kind of like how Joe ended up dumping Daphne just because things weren't going anywhere (right?). Of course we hardly saw him either, so we weren't really able to see how things were going. How many women did we see Frasier meet and go on dates with? I know he's the main character of the show, but I just wish they would've evened it out a little more at least so we could've seen other charcters' love interests more.
frasier floyd

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 am

frasier floyd wrote:What was their reason for ultimately breaking up again? I know things ended the first time because Roz was insecure with his job, but then she got over it and they got back together.

6 months in and Roger said there was "no spark." Roz talks about it in Frasier Has Spokane.

I've always wanted to see what happened between Frasier and Emily. (From Out With Dad)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:28 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:...6 months in and Roger said there was "no spark." Roz talks about it in Frasier Has Spokane.

I've always wanted to see what happened between Frasier and Emily. (From Out With Dad)

That relationship was doomed anyway. Martin would have had to keep pretending being gay or admit that Frasier lied to her shamelessly from the start, a lose lose situation.

I mean even if she forgave the lie which is unlikely, she would probably not have forgiven the reason why she was lied to: "Your mom is so ugly that my father with my approval would rather say that he's gay than to see her again."

Plus Frasier probably thought that chances were that Emily wouldn't age too well...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 pm

I've wondered how things could've gone between Frasier and a few women. Like the two women from KACL who were interested in him- the one who spoke Mandarin and the woman who was apparently in love with him. Granted, the latter woman embarrassed herself by revealing her feelings in his car, but he could've smoothed things over with her if he'd wanted. It's just kind of odd since there were so many times that Frasier was the desperate one, so why didn't he pursue these women more since they were really interested? The administrator of the nursing home was cute and interested too.
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 pm

I think there is a law about Frasier :" The more it is a sure thing the more likely he is to screw things up."
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 am

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:...6 months in and Roger said there was "no spark." Roz talks about it in Frasier Has Spokane.

That relationship was doomed anyway. Martin would have had to keep pretending being gay or admit that Frasier lied to her shamelessly from the start, a lose lose situation.

I mean even if she forgave the lie which is unlikely, she would probably not have forgiven the reason why she was lied to: "Your mom is so ugly that my father with my approval would rather say that he's gay than to see her again."

Plus Frasier probably thought that chances were that Emily wouldn't age too well...

I always just figured she found out Martin was straight and dumped him but that was still one relationship I would have liked to see a little more of.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Speaking of my wish to see Roz end up with a guy and how quickly they got rid of her baby daddy...I'm watching that episode now and am wondering why everyone on Frasier is always heading off to Paris/France! Rick, Faye, Stephanie...
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:15 am

frasier floyd wrote:Speaking of my wish to see Roz end up with a guy and how quickly they got rid of her baby daddy...I'm watching that episode now and am wondering why everyone on Frasier is always heading off to Paris/France! Rick, Faye, Stephanie...

Not to mention the man Martin thought for a while could be the real father of Frasier and Niles in Fathers and Sons. The perfect guy and Poppy in different episodes mention that they've spent some time in Paris.

The book that Roz finishes to read in Roz's Krantz And Gouldenstein Are Dead ends with the words: "...But somehow I knew I would never see her or Paris again."

In DArk Victory Frasier tells Martin what it would be like to be "The Americain" in Paris...

The Chess set in Chess Pain was designed in Paris.

Niles brags about having an affair with a married woman in Paris. (Turns out he was just quoting from Madame Bovary...)

In A Bully for Martin Roz says that Roger told her that one day he'll take her to Paris (I guess that fell through, huh?)

The woman Frasier hopes to hook up with in To Kill A Talking Bird, is leaving to Paris the next day.

In Beware of The Greeks, Nikos' love interest broke up with him because she had to go to Paris.

So you could be right. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Next

Return to Frasier Discussion