Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Maris Actress?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Maris Actress?

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Lara Flynn Boyle.

Been a while since this was discussed and remember we both came to that conclusion.

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Calista Flockhart looks like a candidate for The Biggest Loser compared to what Lara Flynn Boyle currently looks like.

Do you have any pictures? The ones I get from google show her to be thin but without excess.

I think Cat and myself posted a couple of pics of her on a similar thread discussion a few years ago. I'll try to dig it out, but type lara flynn boyle anorexia into google images.

Edit: here's a couple of the ones i'm thinking of. Some people are naturally petite, but i think she looks painfully thin in those.
http://static.customizedgirl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lara_flynn_boyle2.jpg
http://accordingtojewels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LaraFlynnBoyle_pair_300x435.jpg
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Lara Flynn Boyle.

Been a while since this was discussed and remember we both came to that conclusion.

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Calista Flockhart looks like a candidate for The Biggest Loser compared to what Lara Flynn Boyle currently looks like.

Do you have any pictures? The ones I get from google show her to be thin but without excess.

I think Cat and myself posted a couple of pics of her on a similar thread discussion a few years ago. I'll try to dig it out, but type lara flynn boyle anorexia into google images.

Edit: here's a couple of the ones i'm thinking of. Some people are naturally petite, but i think she looks painfully thin in those.
http://static.customizedgirl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lara_flynn_boyle2.jpg
http://accordingtojewels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LaraFlynnBoyle_pair_300x435.jpg

Indeed, she's all bones.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks MC. I was looking for that picture but was in a hurry and didn't have time to search much.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Remember Ugly Naked Guy from Friends who we heard so much about over the years, yet never saw? Maybe he went to live with Maris on her private island, being that both shows ended around the same time :lol:
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby welshben23 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Remember Ugly Naked Guy from Friends who we heard so much about over the years, yet never saw? Maybe he went to live with Maris on her private island, being that both shows ended around the same time :lol:

:shock: Jeepers! I hope not, he was really fat by the end of the series wasn't he? He'd flatten her.
welshben23

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:Remember Ugly Naked Guy from Friends who we heard so much about over the years, yet never saw? Maybe he went to live with Maris on her private island, being that both shows ended around the same time :lol:

:shock: Jeepers! I hope not, he was really fat by the end of the series wasn't he? He'd flatten her.

:lol: Forgot about that! Remember Stan, Karen's husband from Will & Grace another one we never saw ? Maybe he's on the island of the "un-seens" as well. Of all the "un-seens" Maris will always be my favorite. :)
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am

Actually I remember seeing Ugly Naked guy in the episode where Ross gets his apartment. I don't think we see his face but we see his ugly naked back (that's really ugly... and naked... fortunately we don't get to see his ugly naked b...) and also that Ross I think also gets naked in his apartment although we don't see that. I think it's told to us by the others who see them both through the window. Ross is on a mission to get this apartment no matter the cost...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Allystare » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 am

The only way it could work is if they got some actress that was actually pitifully anorexic and sickly creature - someone who resembles Golum from Lord of the Rings or something. And if they did that, then it would just come off as distasteful and what not. And that's no even taking into consideration all of Maris' other bizarre features - it's unlikely one actress could depict it all. I think the idea of leaving Maris as an unseen character was the best choice.
Allystare

Postby Rickee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:15 am

Allystare wrote:The only way it could work is if they got some actress that was actually pitifully anorexic and sickly creature

Or they could have gotten Boyle or Flockhart and then have the characters around her remark about how she's put on weight lately.
Rickee

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion