Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Discrepancy.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Discrepancy.

Postby Patrick » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 am

In Selling Out, Daphne says that she played a part in a sitcom Mind Your Knickers and that she was "The short spunky one" yet later her brother Simon says ( "Simon says " got it? :D ) that her nickname is stilts because she was tall as kid "As if she was on stilts".

Something's not right here...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Discrepancy.

Postby tgirl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Patrick wrote:In Selling Out, Daphne says that she played a part in a sitcom Mind Your Knickers and that she was "The short spunky one" yet later her brother Simon says ( "Simon says " got it? :D ) that her nickname is stilts because she was tall as kid "As if she was on stilts".

Something's not right here...

Maybe all the other cast members were even taller than her...possibly
Or maybe she just shot up after doing the show..

You do make an interesting point though.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby ProOperaVoter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:50 pm

But if you remember, Daphne says, immediately after speaking about herself as the "short spunky one", that by the end of the series she was one of the tallest.

Talking of discrepancies, in Cheers, Frasier has a much beloved dog, Pavlov; but he expresses frequently his dislike for dogs in his own series....
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm

ProOperaVoter wrote:But if you remember, Daphne says, immediately after speaking about herself as the "short spunky one", that by the end of the series she was one of the tallest.

But only because the series lasted until she was almost an adult at which point we know from the way she looks on the show that she was tall. Her nickname though strongly suggests that she has been tall for a long time, family Nicknames like that are usually acquired early in life.

Talking of discrepancies, in Cheers, Frasier has a much beloved dog, Pavlov; but he expresses frequently his dislike for dogs in his own series....

Good call, I almost forgot about that one! Diane has an allergic reaction (seemingly to the dog but in fact to the idea of being shacked up with Frasier, that should have tipped him off right there, shouldn't it?) and so he gives her (it was a female dog) to Sam who renames the dog Diane... :D

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlov ( the dog) was only mentioned once on the show.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 am

There are a lot of discrepancies between Cheers Frasier and Frasier Frasier.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Return to Frasier Discussion