Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Bla-Z-Boy

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Bla-Z-Boy

Postby Patrick » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Revealing mistake : When the chair drops in front of them, both Daphne and Martin look startled but the dog is totally oblivious. Each time I see that scene, this detail sticks out like a sore thumb.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Bla-Z-Boy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm

:D

I've noticed a similar lack of dog-like reaction in scenes before. Those dogs always look distant and 'dead-eyed' to me. They're so trained/groomed/brainwashed that every action is performed only at the call of their trainer/owner. Great for control in a tv environment, not so great for the animals having their own personality.

They're effectively robots. I'm not surprised when the actors mention they didn't really care much for the dogs.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 am

I know the dog who originally played Eddie (Moose) was nasty and actually bit John Mahoney a few times. John hated that dog.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frank B » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Patrick wrote:Revealing mistake : When the chair drops in front of them, both Daphne and Martin look startled but the dog is totally oblivious. Each time I see that scene, this detail sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also, the whole thing is badly timed. Martin and Daphne reacts before they even see the chair above their heads. In reality they would not react before chair had hit the ground, and even some 10th of a second after that. The whole thing looks fake (as of course it is).
Frank B

Return to Frasier Discussion