Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Rotten people!

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Rotten people!

Postby Patrick » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 pm

The three that were riding the elevator with Niles on "Perspectives on Christmas", I can't believe that such people could exist. They snuck out of the car with nary a thought for poor Niles who ruined his new suit to save their worthless collective butt. The flag incident, with them totally ignoring Frasier's ordeal after having been fed an indigestible piece of jingoistic rhetoric is even more revealing of their sheeplike mob mentality. I wholeheartedly agreed with Frasier when he finally gave them the finger (unseen of us) on Proxy Prexy.

Thoughts?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Rotten people!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 am

Never really gave much thought to the Perspectives people though you are right. I can't stand the people on the condo board during the flag thing. It's just stupid. On top of the fact that there isn't a condo board on the planet that would allow a flag of that size anywhere on their building.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh yes, those guys in the lift would always wind me up when i saw that episode. I know it's just for the laughs, but I can't imagine ever leaving someone in a potentially dangerous situation, especially when they'd attempted to help me.

There used to be a 'type' living in the building depending on the circumstances of the story. Frasier appeared to know enough decent people to converse with, etc, but when it came to things like the condo board meetings none of those people ever appeared to be present. I suppose the exaggerated ogres in charge of the building, and the snooty fellow residents also present, gave Frasier even more sympathy with the audience.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Frasiertime » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:40 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Never really gave much thought to the Perspectives people though you are right. I can't stand the people on the condo board during the flag thing. It's just stupid. On top of the fact that there isn't a condo board on the planet that would allow a flag of that size anywhere on their building.

I read some time ago (don't know how true) the flag was to show patriotism regarding 9/11. Supposedly several sitcoms did this including Friends-cast members wearing t-shirts that said NYPD or NYFD and Everbody Loves Raymond with refrigerator magnets of the US flag in plain view. :) Ted Danson while being interviewed about his show Becker wore a scarf hanging down his chest with a picture of a tower on each side. :)
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Frasiertime wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Never really gave much thought to the Perspectives people though you are right. I can't stand the people on the condo board during the flag thing. It's just stupid. On top of the fact that there isn't a condo board on the planet that would allow a flag of that size anywhere on their building.

I read some time ago (don't know how true) the flag was to show patriotism regarding 9/11. Supposedly several sitcoms did this including Friends-cast members wearing t-shirts that said NYPD or NYFD and Everbody Loves Raymond with refrigerator magnets of the US flag in plain view. :) Ted Danson while being interviewed about his show Becker wore a scarf hanging down his chest with a picture of a tower on each side. :)

I also remember in Just Shoot Me an episode about a big flag draped over a building wall with similar effects although in this case it was the owner of the flag who got depressed and caught in his own patriotism as people kept praising him about the flag and he didn't dare to remove it. I don't know if it coincides with the period but it would make sense.

I just got the following from wikipedia :

Season 6: 2001-2002

123 "The Bad Grandma" April 25, 2002
Elliot feels rejected after his grandmother chooses to spend all her time with Finch. Meanwhile, in order to display his patriotism, Jack has an enormous flag hung from the side of the building, only to regret his decision when it blocks his office window.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Frasiertime wrote:

Be that as it may, but I would not expect my neighbour to live unvoluntarily in darkness because of my patriotism :)
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:

Be that as it may, but I would not expect my neighbour to live unvoluntarily in darkness because of my patriotism :)

Reminds me of those "patriots' back in the days who wanted to bomb Iraq back to the DARK ages in the name of patriotism...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm

:twisted: I think the program took a sneaky poke at the "patriotic" hysteria following 9/11.
The "until world peace" bit cracked me up :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Return to Frasier Discussion