Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Where have you seen them?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Now, some people seem to think I am mistaken or hallucinating about it because they've never seen Lorna Lenley's incarnation ever play an identical role anywhere else.

So what do I do I give the references of said series.

Now, one would think that that would be enough for me to be vindicated but NOOOOO that doesn't stop there because now the ribbing I get is because the series in question is not good enough.

No, you just took something I said and took offense to it. I did not mean it any type of offensive manner. I said

1. Jean Smart has been in a lot of things. I listed them and asked if one of them was one of the shows you were speaking of.

2. I said I had never seen the show you mentioned and commented that it "must have lasted a long time." Then I put a smiley face after it.

Never once did I made a nasty remark or say I did not believe you. I was actually kind of upset that you took offense at what I said this morning (it was morning here anyway) because I did not intend it to be anything even close to offensive.

But the point I was trying to make is that that part she played on Frasier, she also played on her own show, IE that it could have been some sort of reference, just as Julia was very close to the part that same actress played on Sport's night. if you look at both the Julia episodes and Sports nights where she is omnipresent you can see that the Characters are nearly identical, the same condescending attitude, the same tendency to be rude and insulting and the same outbursts of unwarranted anger. That's the point I was trying to make but I never got the chance.

While we're at it, just take a look at Ronee and tell me that that part is not nearly identical to the part she plays on Just Shoot Me. Every ingredient is absolutely the same.
Last edited by Patrick on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 pm

There's that actor who plays the next seat passenger to Lilith on the plane (Lilith Needs A Favor), he is characterized by himself, Lilith and the flight attendant as being very pale. It's funny because on TNG which is a Star Trek spinoff he plays an android who is indeed extremely pale. Plus on that same Star Trek show he also plays the physicist who designed the android so it can't be a coincidence that he's also a physicist on Frasier.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Patrick wrote:There's that actor who plays the next seat passenger to Lilith on the plane (Lilith Needs A Favor), he is characterized by himself, Lilith and the flight attendant as being very pale. It's funny because on TNG which is a Star Trek spinoff he plays an android who is indeed extremely pale. Plus on that same Star Trek show he also plays the physicist who designed the android so it can't be a coincidence that he's also a physicist on Frasier.

Yep.

I love the Star Trek actor appearances. Even though the Tewksbury episodes aren't my favorites, Rene Auberjonois cracks me up in that role. Brent Spiner rocks that part in Lilith Needs a Favor too. It's also a lot funnier when you know his character on Star Trek. If he and Lilith did actually create a child it would look like a Twilight vampire! (sans the ridiculous "sparkling in the sunlight" thing!) :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:There's that actor who plays the next seat passenger to Lilith on the plane (Lilith Needs A Favor), he is characterized by himself, Lilith and the flight attendant as being very pale. It's funny because on TNG which is a Star Trek spinoff he plays an android who is indeed extremely pale. Plus on that same Star Trek show he also plays the physicist who designed the android so it can't be a coincidence that he's also a physicist on Frasier.

Yep.

I love the Star Trek actor appearances. Even though the Tewksbury episodes aren't my favorites, Rene Auberjonois cracks me up in that role. Brent Spiner rocks that part in Lilith Needs a Favor too. It's also a lot funnier when you know his character on Star Trek. If he and Lilith did actually create a child it would look like a Twilight vampire! (sans the ridiculous "sparkling in the sunlight" thing!) :lol:

Spiner was a good one. Fit the role just great.

Patrick wrote:While we're at it, just take a look at Ronee and tell me that that part is not nearly identical to the part she plays on Just Shoot Me. Every ingredient is absolutely the same.

I think Malick shows similar characteristics in her role as Victoria on Hot In Cleveland, as well.

I liked Malick in Dream On. That was a great show.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 pm

I think that might be part of the reason I've never been very fond of Malick. She seems to be the same character in everything she does. Never watched Dream On though so I can't speak for her role in that.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I think that might be part of the reason I've never been very fond of Malick. She seems to be the same character in everything she does. Never watched Dream On though so I can't speak for her role in that.

I liked Dream On, it's almost French in its way of treating sexuality and social problems in general, with one noticeable difference, in France we don't have that absolute taboo about not showing certain body parts on camera, but I believe it's more to blame on endemically puritan America.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeah, American censors are nuts about the nudity stuff. They can show all kinds of insane violence but show a bit of nipple and the whole world will fall apart! :roll:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Yeah, American censors are nuts about the nudity stuff. They can show all kinds of insane violence but show a bit of nipple and the whole world will fall apart! :roll:

I am glad we agree on that.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 am

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Yeah, American censors are nuts about the nudity stuff. They can show all kinds of insane violence but show a bit of nipple and the whole world will fall apart! :roll:

I am glad we agree on that.

We do. I find it completely ridiculous. Americans are way too uptight about sex.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Megan Mullally (Karen from Will & Grace) is one of the two "kitchen designer" women Frasier and Niles meet in Nervosa and take on a weekend trip to a cabin. Don't remember the name of the episode, but it must have aired before Will & Grace started.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Megan Mullally (Karen from Will & Grace) is one of the two "kitchen designer" women Frasier and Niles meet in Nervosa and take on a weekend trip to a cabin. Don't remember the name of the episode, but it must have aired before Will & Grace started.

Four for the Seesaw. I love that you get to hear Megan's real voice as opposed to her Karen voice!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Frasiertime wrote:Megan Mullally (Karen from Will & Grace) is one of the two "kitchen designer" women Frasier and Niles meet in Nervosa and take on a weekend trip to a cabin. Don't remember the name of the episode, but it must have aired before Will & Grace started.

She's the one who keeps saying to Niles: "You are so funny!"

Talk about ruining a sure thing! :(
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Robert Picardo from a Bully for Martin :

"Your dad is picking on my dad."

He played a holographic doctor, IE a program, on Voyager a Star Trek spinoff for seven years. His character loves the opera and has a perfect singing voice (well, he's a program).
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Four for the Seesaw. I love that you get to hear Megan's real voice as opposed to her Karen voice!

Yes, I liked that too and she's such a great actress. I put her in the class with Bebe Neuwirth.
Frasiertime

Postby Tranquilox » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 am

I saw Tom McGowan (Kenny) make a brief appearance in a film recently called 'After the Sunset' with Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Salma Hayek. Funnily enough, Tom McGowan is also in 'Sleepless in Seattle' which came out a few months before Frasier started, and was (obviously) set in Seattle too. I saw a movie trailer for 'The Perfect Host' where David Hyde Pierce plays the main character.
Tranquilox

Postby PistolPoet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am

Finally saw Carrie last night, and was surprised to see Piper Laurie, dr Nora's insane mother, playing Carrie's insane mother. I'd recognise that voice anywhere.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Dr Arnold Shaw » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Saw Mahoney in Say Anything starring a young John Cusack. He alone made the film well worth watching - fantastic actor. Couldn't possibly imagine anyone else portraying Martin Crane with the same subtilties that were a hallmark of his acting. Brought such depth to the character.
Dr Arnold Shaw

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Victor Garber, the butler in Taking Liberties was on a late night talk show the other night, promoting his new tv show Deception. He's also in Argo which received an Academy Awards nomination for best picture. He was great on Taking Liberties and of course that episode was so good because Niles finally stood up to Mel.
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 am

Frasiertime wrote:Victor Garber, the butler in Taking Liberties was on a late night talk show the other night, promoting his new tv show Deception. He's also in Argo which received an Academy Awards nomination for best picture. He was great on Taking Liberties and of course that episode was so good because Niles finally stood up to Mel.

Oh yeah! I remember now, where I saw him! Titanic! He was the guy with the clock! I think he was also the engineer who told the captain that the ship was about to sink. He said something like "This ship will sink, it's a mathematical certainty..." Something like that.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 am

Laura Linney (Charlotte) is the host of Masterpiece Classic, the show that features Downton Abbey.
Frasiertime

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 am

Frasiertime wrote:Laura Linney (Charlotte) is the host of Masterpiece Classic, the show that features Downton Abbey.

She was also in Love Actually, one of the very few rom-coms I liked.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 am

Match Game - Season 11
Just realized the second "bad" date Charlotte set Frasier up with is Rachel Dratch, the comedian from Saturday Night Live. :lol:
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 am

Frasiertime wrote:Match Game - Season 11
Just realized the second "bad" date Charlotte set Frasier up with is Rachel Dratch, the comedian from Saturday Night Live. :lol:

You mean : "Don't I know you from cabo?" :lol:

Ann from The Ann Who Came To Dinner is also from SNL.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby AnneS » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:47 am

In "Ten Little Indians" the late Brittany Murphy is a student in the play. Another student is Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Tommy Soloman in Third Rock From the Sun).

Joseph G-L also is one of the children in the audience listening to Niles give his germ talk in "Some Assembly Required."
AnneS

Postby Frasiertime » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Patrick wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:Match Game - Season 11

You mean : "Don't I know you from cabo?" :lol:

Ann from The Ann Who Came To Dinner is also from SNL.

I completely forgot Ann (Julia Sweeney) was from SNL. Those over-exaggerated acting performances are great in SNL skits, but aren't funny in a sitcom. Simon would be funny in SNL skits, but is so annoying on Frasier. Also, the characters of Kirby and Poppey seemed more like SNL skit comedians than sitcom.

Another thing about Julia Sweeney I vaguely remember is she made fun of Chelsea Clinton on SNL and Hillary was not at all amused.
Frasiertime

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion