Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Where have you seen them?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Where have you seen them?

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 pm

I recently saw the actor who played Tom Duran (the station manager) in the Matchmaker on a tv commercial advertising a prescription drug, an antidepressant, I think. I saw the woman Frasier liked from the opera in Out With Dad in a house cleaning product commercial on tv. I know some of the actors like Felicity Huffman went on to play major characters on shows. Anyone notice any other guest stars in anything?
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

:twisted: I remember the guy who played Tomn in Caroline In The City.
Haven't seen that show for years, but I remember liking it.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Both Dan Butler (Bulldog) and the guy who played Kirby were guest stars on House. Of course, Lisa Edelstein (the mouse paintin' moon howlin' girl from Frasier Gotta Have It) played a major role on House.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

:twisted: Dan Butler has been in Supernatural playing a priest.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Alan Tudyk, who played internet rich kid, Todd Peterson, in The Great Crane Robbery, turns up in various shows. I remember him appearing in Firefly, Arrested Development and V, amongst others. I think his most recent appearance is as a main character in the sitcom, Suburgatory.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:...Of course, Lisa Edelstein (the mouse paintin' moon howlin' girl from Frasier Gotta Have It) played a major role on House.

She also played a woman with a penis on Ally Mcbeal. :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Eddie2012 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Frasiertime wrote:I recently saw the actor who played Tom Duran (the station manager) in the Matchmaker on a tv commercial advertising a prescription drug, an antidepressant, I think.

A TV ad for a prescription drug?! :shock: Interesting...
Frasiertime wrote:I saw the woman Frasier liked from the opera in Out With Dad in a house cleaning product commercial on tv.

Wasn't she in CSI?
User avatar
Eddie2012
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:I recently saw the actor who played Tom Duran (the station manager) in the Matchmaker on a tv commercial advertising a prescription drug, an antidepressant, I think.

A TV ad for a prescription drug?! :shock: Interesting...
Frasiertime wrote:I saw the woman Frasier liked from the opera in Out With Dad in a house cleaning product commercial on tv.

Wasn't she in CSI?


Yes, sounds strange, but we have many tv ads for prescription drugs.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Both Dan Butler (Bulldog) and the guy who played Kirby were guest stars on House. Of course, Lisa Edelstein (the mouse paintin' moon howlin' girl from Frasier Gotta Have It) played a major role on House.

She played a man (IE a transvestite) on Ally Mcbeal.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby diligohominum80 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I saw Tom Duran live playing The Wizard in a traveling company production of "Wicked" in Atlanta...he was great!

Frasiertime wrote:I recently saw the actor who played Tom Duran (the station manager) in the Matchmaker on a tv commercial advertising a prescription drug, an antidepressant, I think. I saw the woman Frasier liked from the opera in Out With Dad in a house cleaning product commercial on tv. I know some of the actors like Felicity Huffman went on to play major characters on shows. Anyone notice any other guest stars in anything?
User avatar
diligohominum80
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Lorna Lenley from Big Crane On Campus has her own show. I only saw it once but it was clearly built around her Character. Funny thing is that she plays the exact same role she does on Frasier, neurotic, bi-polar, yelling at people etc...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Patrick wrote:Lorna Lenley from Big Crane On Campus has her own show. I only saw it once but it was clearly built around her Character. Funny thing is that she plays the exact same role she does on Frasier, neurotic, bi-polar, yelling at people etc...


Jean Smart has been in several shows including the wonderful "Designing Women." She's absolutely NOTHING like the Lorna/Lana character in that show. Most recently she's done Harry's Law. Not sure if that's the one you're talking about as I've only seen bits and pieces of it. She was also on several episodes of the new "Hawaii 5-0", William Shatner's "*^%$%* My Dad Says" and "Samantha Who." (those are just the most recent ones)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:Lorna Lenley from Big Crane On Campus has her own show. I only saw it once but it was clearly built around her Character. Funny thing is that she plays the exact same role she does on Frasier, neurotic, bi-polar, yelling at people etc...


Jean Smart has been in several shows including the wonderful "Designing Women." She's absolutely NOTHING like the Lorna/Lana character in that show. Most recently she's done Harry's Law. Not sure if that's the one you're talking about as I've only seen bits and pieces of it. She was also on several episodes of the new "Hawaii 5-0", William Shatner's "*^%$%* My Dad Says" and "Samantha Who." (those are just the most recent ones)


I like Jean Smart a lot. She was great on all of those shows.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 am

She was Chelsea Stevens in Style & Substance (1998) :

Image
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

:twisted: Saw René Auberjonois (Dr Tewksbury) in King Kong (1976) last night.
Was wondering who the hell he was (knew i'd seen him before) but as soon as I saw his pic on wikipedia it clicked right into place.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Saw René Auberjonois (Dr Tewksbury) in King Kong (1976) last night.
Was wondering who the hell he was (knew i'd seen him before) but as soon as I saw his pic on wikipedia it clicked right into place.

He was Odo for seven years, a regular on DS9 a spinof of Star Trek.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Patrick wrote:She was Chelsea Stevens in Style & Substance (1998) :

Image


Never even heard of that show. Must have lasted a long time! :)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby tgirl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm

I watched a film at my aunts over Christmas called Lethal Vows with Marg Hellenberger (Emily from Out with Dad), she played the ex wife of a bloke (played by John Ritter) who had been poisoning his partners and kills his current wife leaving Hellenberger's character to help get him locked him up.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
User avatar
tgirl
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: London, England

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:...
Never even heard of that show. Must have lasted a long time! :)

People talk about people they've seen in a commercial. She was the lead character of that show. What's your point?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:...
Never even heard of that show. Must have lasted a long time! :)

People talk about people they've seen in a commercial. She was the lead character of that show. What's your point?


Huh? My point was that I never heard of the show. I'm not sure what was offensive about that comment.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:...
Never even heard of that show. Must have lasted a long time! :)

People talk about people they've seen in a commercial. She was the lead character of that show. What's your point?


Huh? My point was that I never heard of the show. I'm not sure what was offensive about that comment.

"Must have lasted a long time." is an obvious sarcasm, so don't play innocent with me. As I said before, you're hardly neutral when it comes to commenting on my posts, whether you have the forthrightness to admit to it or not.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Wow! You can take that any way you want but it was not meant as any type of slam towards you. (I would not have placed a smiley face after it if I was trying to be nasty) It was sarcastic but not towards you. All I meant was that I had never heard of it so it must have been very short lived.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 pm

I must say Patrick, we've had loads of new people joining the forums, some have stayed and become regulars and some have posted once and have never been seen again. Some of them have been a bit forward and OTT but we have never had one like you that seems to think he owns the damn board.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:09 pm

welshben23 wrote:I must say Patrick, we've had loads of new people joining the forums, some have stayed and become regulars and some have posted once and have never been seen again. Some of them have been a bit forward and OTT but we have never had one like you that seems to think he owns the damn board.

Ok, let's tally the events, shall we?

This is a thread where people are supposed to tell where else they've seen actors who appear on Frasier.

So, what do I wo? I give the example of the actress who plays Lorna Lenley that I've seen in an episode of another series and made the passing remark that she played the exact same character there. Which is the truth, nothing but the truth, so help me some fictitious sky daddy.

Now, some people seem to think I am mistaken or hallucinating about it because they've never seen Lorna Lenley's incarnation ever play an identical role anywhere else.

So what do I do I give the references of said series.

Now, one would think that that would be enough for me to be vindicated but NOOOOO that doesn't stop there because now the ribbing I get is because the series in question is not good enough.

And all you got from that, is that I act as if I owned the damn board!

That's rich! Maybe next time I am mugged you'll accuse me of being a recalcitrant victim.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Now, some people seem to think I am mistaken or hallucinating about it because they've never seen Lorna Lenley's incarnation ever play an identical role anywhere else.

So what do I do I give the references of said series.

Now, one would think that that would be enough for me to be vindicated but NOOOOO that doesn't stop there because now the ribbing I get is because the series in question is not good enough.


No, you just took something I said and took offense to it. I did not mean it any type of offensive manner. I said

1. Jean Smart has been in a lot of things. I listed them and asked if one of them was one of the shows you were speaking of.

2. I said I had never seen the show you mentioned and commented that it "must have lasted a long time." Then I put a smiley face after it.

Never once did I made a nasty remark or say I did not believe you. I was actually kind of upset that you took offense at what I said this morning (it was morning here anyway) because I did not intend it to be anything even close to offensive.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Next

Return to Frasier Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.