Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Roz' bitchy sister...

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Roz' bitchy sister...

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 pm

How come that in Seabee Jeebies she identified Frasier as "Frasier" instead of "Roger" which was the name he gave her in the episode The Guilt Trippers? Bizarre, isn't it?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Roz' bitchy sister...

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Patrick wrote:How come that in Seabee Jeebies she identified Frasier as "Frasier" instead of "Roger" which was the name he gave her in the episode The Guilt Trippers? Bizarre, isn't it?

Apparently, the jig was up by the time Seabee Jeebies rolled around.

It always bugged me that Roz's family, after 9 years wouldn't recognize Frasier. Roz's mom had met him and actually dated Martin once. Even a sister Roz didn't spend a lot of time with should have known who Frasier was at that point in time.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:How come that in Seabee Jeebies she identified Frasier as "Frasier" instead of "Roger" which was the name he gave her in the episode The Guilt Trippers? Bizarre, isn't it?

It always bugged me that Roz's family, after 9 years wouldn't recognize Frasier. Roz's mom had met him and actually dated Martin once. Even a sister Roz didn't spend a lot of time with should have known who Frasier was at that point in time.

I forgot about Roz' Mother, yet who could forget the Gorgeous Eva Marie-Saint (AkA Eve Kandall from North-By-Northwest)?

But it's true that that adds even more inconsistency to this all thing. I mean given how easy it is to lie to Roz. We've even seen her teach her little daughter to lie, haven't we? It is unlikely that she would have told the embarrassing truth to her sister, IE that "Roger" was actually Frasier. If her sister had found out, no doubt she would have used that little tidbit to humiliate her. Or maybe she would have kept calling Frasier "Roger", just to rub it in...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby hansenkd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 am

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

I forgot about Roz' Mother, yet who could forget the Gorgeous Eva Marie-Saint (AkA Eve Kandall from North-By-Northwest)?

But it's true that that adds even more inconsistency to this all thing. I mean given how easy it is to lie to Roz. We've even seen her teach her little daughter to lie, haven't we? It is unlikely that she would have told the embarrassing truth to her sister, IE that "Roger" was actually Frasier. If her sister had found out, no doubt she would have used that little tidbit to humiliate her. Or maybe she would have kept calling Frasier "Roger", just to rub it in...

Roz's mother was not in "Guilt Trippers" was she? If she had been, that would have been a hell of a continuity gaffe. Since the sister's husband ended up dumping her, the whole SeaBee Jeebies was a table-turner to show that Roz was on the way up--and indeed she ended the show by getting the promotion to KACL station manager.
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:22 am

I still think that the whole thing is not very consistent. Frasier spent hours at her sister's bragging about their love for each other (Roz and "him") even sparking an ominous spat between her and her husband. One would think that a person so bent on criticizing every little detail about Roz would remember and make use of something as big as that.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

What's funny is Frasier has pretented to be the boyfriend of both sisters - he initiated the pretense both times - there's some little hidden meaning the writers had with this, I'm not sure what exactly. Do you know?
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Frasiertime wrote:What's funny is Frasier has pretented to be the boyfriend of both sisters - he initiated the pretense both times - there's some little hidden meaning the writers had with this, I'm not sure what exactly. Do you know?

That reminds me of someone making a joke about some guy who committed incest in-law because he slept with his sister in-law. That's kinda similar to Frasier's god-uncle and as he added god-cousins, god-neighbors. :D

Funny stuff. :wink:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 pm

:twisted: Remember that FRasier told Roz's family that Alice always mistakes him for Frasier.
One would think this gives her family the idea that Roger and Frasier look alike.

Roz's sister might have met Frasier, but it was just the once, and personally, if someone said "this is Frasier", and I knew Frasier looked like the man i'd met, and i'd not seen Roger for some time, and the person introducing me to Frasier knew it was Frasier, and I had no reason to disbelieve them, i'd assume it was Frasier :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I just don't find it so unbelievable that Roz's sister didn't find out the truth after 2 years. As I said, I find it more unbelievable that Denise didn't know who Frasier was in the first place.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby hansenkd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I just don't find it so unbelievable that Roz's sister didn't find out the truth after 2 years. As I said, I find it more unbelievable that Denise didn't know who Frasier was in the first place.

Amen to that.
hansenkd

Return to Frasier Discussion