Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Bad Behaviour

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Bad Behaviour

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

:twisted: Usually Frasier is quite an ethical and moral guy, but he has sometimes been quite underhand.

What do you think is an example of Bad Frasier? (or bad anyone else for that matter?)

I've just clicked on the ep where Bad Niles and Bad FRasier are trying to get Penelope to bail out Bryce accademy.

I know they care about their old school, but they just came off as really slimey and sleazy. I know they've used Martin in their schemes before (he pretended to be gay so Frasier could get to know a girl) but to whore him out to try and squeeze a woman for a large ammount of cash so they could give it to the school seems a little beyong the pail. Their actions were a little sickening in that ep. Especially when they were found out and Frasier begged for the money anyway.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Re: Bad Behaviour

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm

What I find funny is that initially both Frasier and Niles couldn't breach their ethics without getting sick to his stomach for the former and getting a nose bleed for the latter yet in later shows they did a great deal of these without any problems. What happened? Did they lose their conditioning like Alex from Clockwork Orange? Who was clinically brainwashed to get nauseous whenever he even thought about committing an illegal act?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby hansenkd » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Another reason not to like "The Focus Group." Where was the heartburn when the newsstand caught fire?
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

hansenkd wrote:Another reason not to like "The Focus Group." Where was the heartburn when the newsstand caught fire?

Yes, that's kind of surrealistic. In real life, if someone burned someone's livelihood after having stalked and harassed him the way Frasier did. He'd be sued for everything he's got and then some. Can you imagine how much sympathy that business owner would get from a jury?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Eddie2012 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am

hansenkd wrote:Another reason not to like "The Focus Group." Where was the heartburn when the newsstand caught fire?

Nowhere to be seen. I also don't like him dismissing the people in the focus group as Joe Six-Pack and Tom, Dick & Harry...

But as bad as Frasier's actions are, the worst behaviour in that episode for me is from Niles. He just sits there watching Frasier hurting a man, taking over his newsstand and obviously burning down his newsstand - and does absolutely nothing to help either man.

And his behaviour earlier on I find even worse (although the outcome is not nearly as bad): Daphne sits down and switches on the telly to watch a trashy TV show - and he just grabs the remote and turns it off because he is pissed off at something else and not even glancing at the screen - just how rude is that? :shock: Not to mention going on insulting Daphne for watching such show in the first place ("Even you can see...")
Eddie2012

Return to Frasier Discussion