Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Most under-used character?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Most under-used character?

Postby Patrick » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

hansenkd wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I enjoy the Bebe episodes, but i agree with those who think her appearances were enough for the show.

I do prefer Lilith, so, with Patrick mentioning that Bebe featured more heavily in the show, it confirms in my mind that further episodes would have been too much.

I've been on a trivia kick lately, so I'll throw this in - Lilith (Bebe Neuwirth) was offered a role as a regular on the show, but turned it down to pursue the theater - otherwise, we would have seen a lot more of her.

Had she been a regular, would they have kept the marriage intact? There was CERTAINLY no indication at the end of Cheers that they were even considering divorcing.

Well, there was that whole Lilith-leaving-Frasier-for-a-crazy-scientist-Frasier-on-a-ledge-threatening-to-jump thing, though. :lol:

I love these episodes, the scientist in question after being jilted by Lilith says to her :"You put a likeness of you in paper maché in the bed and I must admit I kissed it a few times before I realized that it wasn't you." :lol: :lol:

The way he delivers it, it's irresistible. :D
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 am

hansenkd wrote:
Frasiertime wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I enjoy the Bebe episodes, but i agree with those who think her appearances were enough for the show.

I do prefer Lilith, so, with Patrick mentioning that Bebe featured more heavily in the show, it confirms in my mind that further episodes would have been too much.

I've been on a trivia kick lately, so I'll throw this in - Lilith (Bebe Neuwirth) was offered a role as a regular on the show, but turned it down to pursue the theater - otherwise, we would have seen a lot more of her.

Had she been a regular, would they have kept the marriage intact? There was CERTAINLY no indication at the end of Cheers that they were even considering divorcing.

Are you serious? Frasier and Lilith were separated for 6 months at one point. As Patrick mentioned, Lilith went to live underground with her lover which caused Frasier to threaten to jump off the ledge. At one point, before Lilith returns, Frasier and Rebecca end up nearly sleeping together. There was definitely trouble in paradise at the end of Cheers.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby hansenkd » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 am

Not at the very end. They had reconciled.
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 am

hansenkd wrote:Not at the very end. They had reconciled.

There were clear signs that something was wrong, at some point Sam comes in the middle of the night (because he locked himself out, long story) and there was no Lilith in sight. Of course, Frasier said that she slept in the basement because she needed to be "weaned" from the pod but to me that seems like a way to excuse her absence. At another time Frasier wakes up from a nightmare (Woody had destroyed the world as we know it) and there was no Lilith beside him in the bed. I don't know about you but this definitely sounds like trouble to me (even if Bebe Neuwirth couldn't be there, they could have put a double in her place, they do that)
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

So people who reconcile never divorce? I think you need to tell that to my parents.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:So people who reconcile never divorce? I think you need to tell that to my parents.

It's possible that they tried to patch things up after the ecopod incident and failed.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:So people who reconcile never divorce? I think you need to tell that to my parents.

It's possible that they tried to patch things up after the ecopod incident and failed.

Right. That was my point when it was mentioned that they had reconciled. Things were still not all sunshine and roses after they reconciled and I found it perfectly believable that they would wind up divorced.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Right. That was my point when it was mentioned that they had reconciled. Things were still not all sunshine and roses after they reconciled and I found it perfectly believable that they would wind up divorced.

You know it could have gone either way, that is if Bebe Neuwirth had said yes and become a regular of the show they would have probably dispensed with Daphne. It would have been Martin living under Frasier and Lilith's roof. Imagine how different the show would then have been...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I think they would have been divorced and her in Boston - she would have been a regular like Bulldog or Gil - in many episodes instead of only the 12 she was in-just my opinion-I didn't read that anywhere.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Frasiertime wrote:I think they would have been divorced and her in Boston - she would have been a regular like Bulldog or Gil - in many episodes instead of only the 12 she was in-just my opinion-I didn't read that anywhere.

I don't think that there was a single episode who's main story was about Gill. Bulldog got maybe three or four of them, if that. Lilith on the other hand played an important role in pretty much every episode she appeared into. So as it is, she's already a more important character than those two put together. Had she been a regular she would have had as important a part as any of the regular not-Frasier on the show. IMO, that is.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm

I agree she was a more important character than Bulldog or Gil. I just meant, had she been a regular she would have appeared on the show more often instead of only 12 eps, but I don't think she would have been one of the top four characters. They also could have made reference to Frederick more often with Lilith on the show. I always thought they should have mentioned him more--being the kind of dad Frasier was--there should have been more communication.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Frasiertime wrote:I agree she was a more important character than Bulldog or Gil. I just meant, had she been a regular she would have appeared on the show more often instead of only 12 eps, but I don't think she would have been one of the top four characters. They also could have made reference to Frederick more often with Lilith on the show. I always thought they should have mentioned him more--being the kind of dad Frasier was--there should have been more communication.

If Freddy was a regular on the show, it may have become a brainy version of "Two and a half men"... :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion